Disable Fake Engine Noise

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Unless it's trying to make you sound like the Jetsons how would one even know?
Sponsored

MikeMc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Never noticed the fake noise...
Do you have to be in Sport+ "all the way", or also in individual with the engine on Sport+?

I'm always in individual with the engine on Sport+ and never noticed it.

From the CTR forums, it seems to be very noticeable in the CTR.
In Sport+ at the high end of the rpm range. I also donā€™t notice it as fake but the Acura dealer didnā€™t deny it when I asked him to remove the module. It would be the same module that controls the ANC and I also need to get rid of that. Iā€™m guessing that itā€™s behind the glovebox, but I donā€™t like guessing.

VersionX1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Lol. This is too much. In engine bay and exhaust...with cabin.

If I put a mic on my stomach you may here bubble guts n stuff.
This guy is wound a little too tight. I've seen his videos before. He acts like I did in my twenties. MODS MODS MODS! Calm down Dominic Torreto.

To each their own though I guess.

Sponsored

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
My A-Spec absolutely has piped in sounds. I blew the subwoofer early on and got these terrible buzzing sounds as I accelerated. At first my dealer denied that such a thing existed, except in an NSX. When I pushed they admitted it's there, but wouldn't/couldn't disable it.
Dealer replaced it for me, and so I can sort of detect the difference when I have the window open. I still think I'd like to disable it, but I'm getting used to it.
OTOH, my wife's RDX has these completely inappropriate sounds. Outside, you hear the basic four cylinder sounds, but in the car it sounds much more racy.

MikeMc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My A-Spec absolutely has piped in sounds. I blew the subwoofer early on and got these terrible buzzing sounds as I accelerated. At first my dealer denied that such a thing existed, except in an NSX. When I pushed they admitted it's there, but wouldn't/couldn't disable it.
Dealer replaced it for me, and so I can sort of detect the difference when I have the window open. I still think I'd like to disable it, but I'm getting used to it.
OTOH, my wife's RDX has these completely inappropriate sounds. Outside, you hear the basic four cylinder sounds, but in the car it sounds much more racy.
Exactly. If itā€™s done well, youā€™re not supposed to notice it. Itā€™s supposed to sound completely natural and not fake. You would only notice it if something happened to the subwoofer. But I donā€™t know. It sounds like people on this forum changed out their subwoofer and they didnā€™t notice any odd sounds afterward so maybe itā€™s not necessary to disable the module.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
Question to those that have unplugged the anc/asc module above the glovebox. Does the bluetooth mic still function for phone calls and other voice commands/google assistant?

I followed the wiring diagrams and all 3 headliner mics go to it, and the front center one is the one for, as Honda calls is, hands free link.

I'm also curious, does the module do active cancellation/fake sounds with the audio system on/playing music?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Question to those that have unplugged the anc/asc module above the glovebox. Does the bluetooth mic still function for phone calls and other voice commands/google assistant?

I followed the wiring diagrams and all 3 headliner mics go to it, and the front center one is the one for, as Honda calls is, hands free link.

I'm also curious, does the module do active cancellation/fake sounds with the audio system on/playing music?
Non related but where you get the wiring diagrams? Are our cars finally on alldata

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I use Mitchell 1 at work, it's taken forever for them to get just the wiring diagrams on their site. The anc/asc unit is integrated into the audio system and on two different networks. I wish they'd just have a fuse for that unit, but the fuse that powers it, powers a bunch of other units as well.

Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I use Mitchell 1 at work, it's taken forever for them to get just the wiring diagrams on their site. The anc/asc unit is integrated into the audio system and on two different networks. I wish they'd just have a fuse for that unit, but the fuse that powers it, powers a bunch of other units as well.
Could you perhaps get me the wiring diagram for the BCM? I'm trying to find the headlight wire that goes to 12v when head lights kick on. If I can't get it inside I'm going to run it straight from the headlight.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took a quick look at the power distribution, bcm and exterior lights diagrams. Mitchell lets me print the diagrams, I can't save diagrams to send, at least here at home.

There are two fuses (27 and 30) that send constant 12v to the lamp assemblies, both 15a in the underhood fuse box. Based on what I see, there is NO 12v feed to the headlights for hi-low, it's all done with 5v signal lines from the bcm to the modules within the lamps themselves.

You can test this at the left lamp, light blue, 12v feed; black, ground; purple, turn signal input; red and blue, I can only guess, as they aren't labeled yet. Beam control and/or drl control.

Disconnecting the headlamp key on, will probably set codes in the bcm.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I took a quick look at the power distribution, bcm and exterior lights diagrams. Mitchell lets me print the diagrams, I can't save diagrams to send, at least here at home.

There are two fuses (27 and 30) that send constant 12v to the lamp assemblies, both 15a in the underhood fuse box. Based on what I see, there is NO 12v feed to the headlights for hi-low, it's all done with 5v signal lines from the bcm to the modules within the lamps themselves.

You can test this at the left lamp, light blue, 12v feed; black, ground; purple, turn signal input; red and blue, I can only guess, as they aren't labeled yet. Beam control and/or drl control.

Disconnecting the headlamp key on, will probably set codes in the bcm.
Jesus, I hope my relays activate with 5V, if not I'll have to buy some. They make it so much more complicated, but I feel like interior footwell lights on 24/7 is a waste

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you have the lighted sill plates? If so, they run on 12v, from what I recall. The fuses that feed the plates should have only 12v when the doors are open. If not, the wiring is already there to tap into. What are you using for lamps for footwell lights?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Do you have the lighted sill plates? If so, they run on 12v, from what I recall. The fuses that feed the plates should have only 12v when the doors are open. If not, the wiring is already there to tap into. What are you using for lamps for footwell lights?
I drove with Opt7 Aura Pro for Ambient lighting at night for years, I kind of miss it. However, their kits now have to be switched on every time rather than always on when powered, and I lost my original module back when my old Aspec Tech got totaled.

This time, I bought LEDGLOW, as they had an option for my motorcycle that tied into the brakes to flash red. I hope they're good, but I don't do the flashy rainbow stuff, just ambient lighting. This time I'll go a dim red. It does have a dome light trigger I could tie into as well.
Sponsored