OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
It's not for everybody, but sounds like you just had a string of bad luck. Or just were never really that into it... you couldn't have picked a more opposite replacement for it!

Enjoy the new ride.
yeah I know I went from one end of the spectrum all the way to the other side in terms of cars ...lol
Sponsored

Wolfman

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 Model 3 Dual Motor
Yeah, not sure what happen with it. But I did see an emissions related thread on hear so that may be a little more common. I also had no rattles at all then all of a sudden they started popping all up over the between the dash and the doors. Of course my favorite thing about sport+ mode was the pops and bangs and all of a sudden those disappeared. The worst part about all of this was to get it to Acura to look at was a 50 min drive for me each time (that's the closest). It just became annoying for all this to happen on a car that's under year old, all in the last couple months at that. Then I figured screw it , I always liked the Mach-e styling since they came out. I spend less on gas now. Instead of my wife being limited to the 2 Toyotas she now can drive the Mach-e as well. So Far its a great car(of course time will tell). Way more features than the ITS, but I can't get over how well it's insulated to noise as well. What I find odd is I have gotten more complements on the Mach-e just a few weeks than I did on the ITS in about a year. I thought the ITS looked great (of course beauty is always different in other people eyes). I will say I miss the manual and pops and bangs (when they worked...lol) but the mach-e does fill the need for speed void.
I have noticed almost zero love for it as well lol my 2017 sti would get people all the time saying something (I don’t care if other people like it or not ) but it seems like even other Honda owners shun you. The usefulness of being able to charge from home and always have a full battery and range is awesome. One thing I notice with my wife’s model 3 is I get sleepy while driving it though. I want to see a mach-e on air ride with some meaty tires lol

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I also had no rattles at all then all of a sudden they started popping all up over the between the dash and the doors…. It just became annoying for all this to happen on a car that's under year old, all in the last couple months at that.
I’ve got my fair share of rattles now. A lot of people between the two forums will say “well it’s just a civic in disguise” as if it’s acceptable for something wearing a luxury badge but I’ve never had the same issues in any of the cars I’ve owned - not even a Mexico-built chevy truck!

It’s still a very fun car though and it scratches the manual transmission itch for me (and honestly, there isn’t much choice out there in its segment!) so I’m still very happy with her overall.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I had the Aspec before the ITS...lol , At this point I still have no regrets on the Mach-E

IMG_0892.jpeg
Give it time…you seem to have a personal that easily finds regrets and reasons to move to the next thing. Here’s to hoping you find extend happiness this time.

Meanwhile, I’m thoroughly enjoying my ITS and getting the windows tinted tomorro.

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
If you don’t mind sharing, wondering how your trade in worked out. Were you able to get some decent value out of the ITS?

Sponsored

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you don’t mind sharing, wondering how your trade in worked out. Were you able to get some decent value out of the ITS?
48k in trade and got the Mach e down from 55k to 47k

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Give it time…you seem to have a personal that easily finds regrets and reasons to move to the next thing. Here’s to hoping you find extend happiness this time.

Meanwhile, I’m thoroughly enjoying my ITS and getting the windows tinted tomorro.
đź‘Ť

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Now's a good time to hop into a Mach-E, Ford's practically giving them away.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
You're going to find anecdotes like this all over the place. There are so many variables that impact people's decisions on what cars they drive it can make your head spin.

I know that I personally have a fundamental psychological flaw that makes me want to argue with anyone that has a differing opinion, and that's proven itself out on these and other car forums numerous times. But even I can't fault someone who just isn't happy with their purchase. These things listed here (rattles, weird emissions-related gremlins like pops and bangs coming and going, etc.) may be trivial in a vacuum, but I understand they add up and ultimately the good must outweigh the bad, and that clearly wasn't happening. As someone else already said, life's too short to have these sorts of regrets.

That said, it goes the other way too with the personal preferences and anecdotes. Personally, I am actively holding myself back from digging in on the Mach-E because like I said, I know I have issues and this guy never did anything to me lol. But... suffice to say I literally though that thing was an April Fool's joke when it was first unveiled. I'll just leave it at that.

I get tons of positive attention with this car. A guy just came up to me at Starbucks the last time I had it out actually. I have never been "shunned" in any setting, and my "car company" is usually the local Porsche Club of America autocross venue- I don't even know what that would look like, to "shun" a car- if it doesn't happen to V6 Challengers it shouldn't happen to anyone- but pretty much every time I have it out someone comes up and asks me about it, showering it with complements. I've never experienced anything quite like it, and I haven't been shy about my car history consisting of cars that most would consider much more "prestigious" than an Acura.

So for everyone who would trade their ITS in for a Mach-E, or their FL5 for a CR-V Hybrid... how many are still thrilled with their purchase a year after trading in a six-figure Porsche? At least one.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Now's a good time to hop into a Mach-E, Ford's practically giving them away.
You can say that for any car now, When recently would you ever see 7k off a new Tundra, 4k off a bronco , Wranglers up to 8k in my area, my buddy just got a ITS for 1900 off MSRP because the dealer had 5 on the lot. High interest rates have slowed car sales...deals have to come to get buyers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're going to find anecdotes like this all over the place. There are so many variables that impact people's decisions on what cars they drive it can make your head spin.

I know that I personally have a fundamental psychological flaw that makes me want to argue with anyone that has a differing opinion, and that's proven itself out on these and other car forums numerous times. But even I can't fault someone who just isn't happy with their purchase. These things listed here (rattles, weird emissions-related gremlins like pops and bangs coming and going, etc.) may be trivial in a vacuum, but I understand they add up and ultimately the good must outweigh the bad, and that clearly wasn't happening. As someone else already said, life's too short to have these sorts of regrets.

That said, it goes the other way too with the personal preferences and anecdotes. Personally, I am actively holding myself back from digging in on the Mach-E because like I said, I know I have issues and this guy never did anything to me lol. But... suffice to say I literally though that thing was an April Fool's joke when it was first unveiled. I'll just leave it at that.

I get tons of positive attention with this car. A guy just came up to me at Starbucks the last time I had it out actually. I have never been "shunned" in any setting, and my "car company" is usually the local Porsche Club of America autocross venue- I don't even know what that would look like, to "shun" a car- if it doesn't happen to V6 Challengers it shouldn't happen to anyone- but pretty much every time I have it out someone comes up and asks me about it, showering it with complements. I've never experienced anything quite like it, and I haven't been shy about my car history consisting of cars that most would consider much more "prestigious" than an Acura.

So for everyone who would trade their ITS in for a Mach-E, or their FL5 for a CR-V Hybrid... how many are still thrilled with their purchase a year after trading in a six-figure Porsche? At least one.
I have always appreciated your posts , I picture you actually telling people the same thing face to face. Some people are just keyboard warriors and can only be tough behind a keyboard, in real life they are cowards.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve got my fair share of rattles now. A lot of people between the two forums will say “well it’s just a civic in disguise” as if it’s acceptable for something wearing a luxury badge but I’ve never had the same issues in any of the cars I’ve owned - not even a Mexico-built chevy truck!

It’s still a very fun car though and it scratches the manual transmission itch for me (and honestly, there isn’t much choice out there in its segment!) so I’m still very happy with her overall.
My coworker has a 24 CTR with 13k miles on it and it has no rattles. He would constantly give me sh!t that was the benefit of being built in Japan vs Ohio.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
My coworker has a 24 CTR with 13k miles on it and it has no rattles. He would constantly give me sh!t that was the benefit of being built in Japan vs Ohio.
Yeah right. I'm on both this and the fl5 forums and it's the same case there - bunch of threads complaining about rattles and the "fixes". This whole Japan vs US built thing is just some FL5 folks who want to think their car is superior even though the two are basically the same.

The first two are mod-related but the rest are the car (dash/infotainment/b-pillar etc): https://www.civicxi.com/forum/search/1293414/?q=rattle&c[title_only]=1&o=date

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah right. I'm on both this and the fl5 forums and it's the same case there - bunch of threads complaining about rattles and the "fixes". This whole Japan vs US built thing is just some FL5 folks who want to think their car is superior even though the two are basically the same.

The first two are mod-related but the rest are the car (dash/infotainment/b-pillar etc): https://www.civicxi.com/forum/search/1293414/?q=rattle&c[title_only]=1&o=date
I would figure they would rattle the same since they dam near identical interior pieces. reading through that forum some are the same as what I had

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I have always appreciated your posts , I picture you actually telling people the same thing face to face. Some people are just keyboard warriors and can only be tough behind a keyboard, in real life they are cowards.
Eh, I try to not be intentionally aggravating but sometimes it just ends up that way. Online venues are always going to be more "inviting" for back-and-forth bickering just by nature. I'm actually pretty agreeable in person. I think so at least.
Sponsored