Any Regrets Tuning your ITS?

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I am considering tuning my ITS in the coming weeks. Hondata event coming up in Ohio.
Any regrets from those who have tuned? any issues?
Thanks
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't think you'll find many folks who'll have regrets. I think that if you're inclined to tune the car, you should probably go for it.

What I will point out is that there are at least some folks (okay, at least one...) who aren't interested in a tune at all. And not for warranty reasons, although there are plenty of folks in that camp too. I've said it many times on this board, but I just don't think the car needs any more power, especially driving the front wheels. That may just be a "legacy" mindset stemming from not ever really being a fan of the idea of a FWD sports car, but honestly every time I get in this car I just never think about wanting more power. And I'm coming from a history of genuinely fast (stock) cars:

- F82 M4
- 991.2 911 Carrera S
- B9.5 RS5
- 718 GTS 4.0
- even my wife's Macan GTS runs a mid-3 second 0-60 and low 12 second 1/4 mile.

All I'm saying is that there are many folks who just like to buy parts and "tune" cars for the sake of doing it. It may not make the car "better", but if it makes you happy, then that's all that matters.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I don't think you'll find many folks who'll have regrets. I think that if you're inclined to tune the car, you should probably go for it.

What I will point out is that there are at least some folks (okay, at least one...) who aren't interested in a tune at all. And not for warranty reasons, although there are plenty of folks in that camp too. I've said it many times on this board, but I just don't think the car needs any more power, especially driving the front wheels. That may just be a "legacy" mindset stemming from not ever really being a fan of the idea of a FWD sports car, but honestly every time I get in this car I just never think about wanting more power. And I'm coming from a history of genuinely fast (stock) cars:

- F82 M4
- 991.2 911 Carrera S
- B9.5 RS5
- 718 GTS 4.0

All I'm saying is that there are many folks who just like to buy parts and "tune" cars for the sake of doing it. It may not make the car "better", but if it makes you happy, then that's all that matters.
For me the it has enough power stock also. At this time I rather preserve the car than modify it.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Go big or go home šŸ˜‚

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R, S2000, Ram TRX

- F82 M4
- 991.2 911 Carrera S
- B9.5 RS5
- 718 GTS 4.0

If only you would let me try. Iā€™m sure you would love it. I tune it in a way that it does not overwhelm the car traction wise or chassis wise.

OP
OP

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Thanks for your comments folks! Only positive reviews - looking at all the threads. Looking forward to Ohio!

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Love mine, do the normal pops and bangs. The level up is just silly, I did it to mine and turned right back around and asked to go back to the stock level. Itā€™s perfect. Add a sprint filter add those sweet turbo sounds.

Sponsored

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R, S2000, Ram TRX
I'm not to the point of "conscientious objection", so maybe someday.
We can absolutely dial it in to your liking. I get all kinds of request. Some people donā€™t even look for numbers they just want a better performing car within the reason of traction. That is why Iā€™m usually less aggressive than most on initial spool up to keep torque low. It gets up and goes and it just feels overall better.

At least to me it makes not sense to make a bunch of torque down low to just roast the tires. Even though a bit of wheel spin is desirable but just a small amount.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
No regrets! Now that I have a non-resonated exhaust and a TSP downpipe, I actually had the pops and bangs toned down.

There are a lot of options!

I will say this is kind of like asking crackheads if they like smoking crack though....
Sponsored