Sponsored

Spare ECU Question

tegs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
Hey Guys,

If I were to source a Spare ECU so that I get it unlocked and tuned, would I also need to send my Origina lECU away with it?
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Yes. They would need the stock ECU to copy over to the spare.

OP
OP

tegs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
This can't be done at home when the Spare ECU is unlocked?
Just hoping theres a way I dont have to ship away my stock ECU...

Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Any auto locksmith or mechanic with knowledge on module cloning and has like a Autel IM tool or equivalent can clone your ecu (if used). If new all that needs to be done is putting the vin in and reprogramming the keys, which most places can do if they have the right scanner or JBox and Honda’s software

OP
OP

tegs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
Any auto locksmith or mechanic with knowledge on module cloning and has like a Autel IM tool or equivalent can clone your ecu (if used). If new all that needs to be done is putting the vin in and reprogramming the keys, which most places can do if they have the right scanner or JBox and Honda’s software
Ahh , I guess nothing I could do at home..

Sponsored

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
Not sure how long of a drive is from where you are to Pennsylvania, but you can drive down and have it done at IMW if you don’t want to ship your ECU out.

Dealership in Ontario quoted me $540 CAD plus tax..

How much cheaper are they in US?
I’m from BC, Canada and got my spare ECU from myacuraparts.com for $275USD shipped to a receiver on the US side of the border. I paid DRob to jailbreak and clone my spare ECU. I used UPS 1-day shipping each way and got my ECU’s back within 48 hours shipping and receiving from the US side of the border.

I just loaded up the first map DRob sent me last night and it is night and day between OTS Hondata tune and DRob’s tune. Have to datalog now and see if I need any revisions.

link to spare ECU:

https://www.myacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-ecm-378206pva03?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9aWduaXRpb24tc3lzdGVtJmw9MyZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWFjdXJhJm89aW50ZWdyYSZ5PTIwMjQmdD10eXBlLXMmZT0yLTBsLWw0LWdhcw==

OP
OP

tegs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
Not sure how long of a drive is from where you are to Pennsylvania, but you can drive down and have it done at IMW if you don’t want to ship your ECU out.

I’m from BC, Canada and got my spare ECU from myacuraparts.com for $275USD shipped to a receiver on the US side of the border. I paid DRob to jailbreak and clone my spare ECU. I used UPS 1-day shipping each way and got my ECU’s back within 48 hours shipping and receiving from the US side of the border.

I just loaded up the first map DRob sent me last night and it is night and day between OTS Hondata tune and DRob’s tune. Have to datalog now and see if I need any revisions.

link to spare ECU:

https://www.myacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-ecm-378206pva03?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsJnM9aWduaXRpb24tc3lzdGVtJmw9MyZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWFjdXJhJm89aW50ZWdyYSZ5PTIwMjQmdD10eXBlLXMmZT0yLTBsLWw0LWdhcw==
Thanks for the info..
I definitely need it shipped..
Sponsored