TwinSkrullDesign

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type-S / 23 M340i / 23 VW GTI
Hey Everyone,

Picked up a 2024 Liquid Carbon Type-S about a week ago. Parted ways with my 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing to save a little money. Loving the Acura thus far.

Just had it tinted with 35% all around and installed some matte carbon overlays on the dash trim. Have some black emblems on order along with the Alcantara steering wheel. I do plan on tuning the car in the upcoming days as well.

IMG_4333.jpeg
IMG_4334.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg
IMG_4343.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg
Sponsored

porkster

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS - ABP
I also want to hear your thoughts on the 4BW, I always thought it was superior as a sports car with a few more compromises as a daily. The ITS and 4BW seemed like they were top picks for clutch and shifter feel with the 4BW having a bit more of everything-- more hp, RWD, cylinders, and price.

OP
OP
TwinSkrullDesign

TwinSkrullDesign

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type-S / 23 M340i / 23 VW GTI
I also want to hear your thoughts on the 4BW, I always thought it was superior as a sports car with a few more compromises as a daily. The ITS and 4BW seemed like they were top picks for clutch and shifter feel with the 4BW having a bit more of everything-- more hp, RWD, cylinders, and price.

The CT4-V Blackwing is an excellent car. I had the 10-spd automatic with just about every available option and it does everything well. It's excellent on track and can be soft & livable like a Cadillac in it's comfortable settings. The only real issue with the car, is the lack of aftermarket support.

To unlock the GM Global99 ecm, you have to send in the ECM to HPTuners (Much like the Type-S ECM), which is $2,500.00 just for the unlock...Then you have to purchase the OBDII flash-port and tunes. For JUST a tune, you're into it for close to $4K when all said and done. If you want the down-pipes, then you're looking at another $1,500.00 and they're a pain in ass to install.

Another downfall of the Blackwing is the sinking resale valve. While the car truly is excellent, the resale has plummeted in just a year. I received a great deal on the Acura and a subpar to fair deal on my Cadillac.

One of the best perks to owning a Blackwing is the track experience you receive at Spring Mountain Motor Resort in Pahrump, NV (About an hour outside of Vegas). It's a 2-day driving class that really teaches you to push the car to its full potential.

CT4V Racing 2.JPG

John Lakanen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Porsche Carrera GTS, Miata Spec
Hey Everyone,

Picked up a 2024 Liquid Carbon Type-S about a week ago. Parted ways with my 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing to save a little money. Loving the Acura thus far.

Just had it tinted with 35% all around and installed some matte carbon overlays on the dash trim. Have some black emblems on order along with the Alcantara steering wheel. I do plan on tuning the car in the upcoming days as well.

IMG_4333.jpeg
IMG_4334.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg
IMG_4343.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg
Have the identical car, color and all. Did the blacked out emblems and tint. Did a Phearable Tune 2 and could not be happier. Put it on Sebring for a shakedown with 400 miles on it and it performed like a champ. The car is track ready. A pro driver also took it out and agreed. Had the car exactly one year and have never been happier with a car. My stable has included higher end 911 and this has nothing to feel inferior about.
Sponsored