Sponsored

Accessory diffuser fog lamp

squeakyclean

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volvo V70
Hi!

As I've ordered an Integra A-Spec to EU as well as some accessories, I have to install rear fog light as it's required by law.

What I would like to know in advance is the measurment of this triangle which is in the middle of accessory diffuser (08F03-3S5-200). It would be of great help if someone could please check the dimension so I can already order the correct size LED lamp.

Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 06.32.19.jpg
Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Sorry can’t help with your requests just curious what a rear fog light is? In the USA we can’t have white lights on the rear of a passenger vehicle. Except for the OEM reverse lights.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Sorry can’t help with your requests just curious what a rear fog light is? In the USA we can’t have white lights on the rear of a passenger vehicle. Except for the OEM reverse lights.
It's a red light that is way brighter then the tail lights. Some people have them around here, mostly on German cars, and don't know what the purpose of that light is, so they leave it on all the time...

1721247036391-74.jpg

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of brake lights??
Am I just confused? Lights brighter than the taillights are only when you’re actually braking.
why in the world would they be on all the time. I know I am in pain from surgery right now but this is blowing my mind.

OP
OP

squeakyclean

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volvo V70
The idea is simple, you use them Only in extreme weather such as heavy rain, deep fog or a blizzard. It's actually quite useful when you have such poor visibility, especially on high speed highways so cars in front can be seen from a longer distance so you have more time to react. The only issue is people often forget to turn them off which is slightly annoying to other drivers. It's that bright.

Regarding it's location, normally rear fog lights are separated from brake lights, mostly it's just one super bright lamp on one side of bumper or inside taillight which illuminates separately from brake light. It's not at all ambiguous if positioned correctly. Normally you never see them unless road conditions are so bad that you can't see far enough.

Anyhow this triangle in the middle of diffuser is a perfect spot for it, that's why I'm hoping to get at least approximate dimension so I can order a lamp that would suit it.

Sponsored

TEPTeggy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Rear fog lights and amber turn signals are definitely some things Europe got right.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The idea is simple, you use them Only in extreme weather such as heavy rain, deep fog or a blizzard. It's actually quite useful when you have such poor visibility, especially on high speed highways so cars in front can be seen from a longer distance so you have more time to react. The only issue is people often forget to turn them off which is slightly annoying to other drivers. It's that bright.

Regarding it's location, normally rear fog lights are separated from brake lights, mostly it's just one super bright lamp on one side of bumper or inside taillight which illuminates separately from brake light. It's not at all ambiguous if positioned correctly. Normally you never see them unless road conditions are so bad that you can't see far enough.

Anyhow this triangle in the middle of diffuser is a perfect spot for it, that's why I'm hoping to get at least approximate dimension so I can order a lamp that would suit it.
Ah.. that makes more sense now.
Sponsored