Sponsored

Anyone know the best color for OEM Bronze wheel curb rash?

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ugh so it happened today. First time in 10yrs, i accidently scuffed a curb, and got a small amount of curb rash.

Instead of dropping nearly $400 for a replacement rim, or paying i dunno $150 to a wheel repair shop, i was thinking about maybe trying to rub it down, and dab it up with some bronze paint? i don't know if i'll be happy with that, but who knows, maybe i'll get over it.

if not i'll just buy a new rim and have this one professionally repaired, and have a spare. HOWEVER hopefully I'll go another 10yrs without scuffing a curb again.

i'm guessing enkei wheels doesn't have a color code? maybe they do ? i don't know, if not i'm sure i'm not the first to have scuffed these wheels.. do you know of a good match? I see there's some Dupli-Color HWP105 High Performance Wheel Paint - Bronze on Amazon for $16.. maybe worth a go ? maybe someone's already tried it and wants to say don't bother.

Advice or opinions welcome.

I know the car is dirty.

Wheel Scuff.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
The damage in the photo is merely cosmetic so there's no need to buy a new rim. Unless you have the time and patience to go through the exercise of sanding, attempting to paint match and it only coming out "ok", I would skip DIY and have the wheel properly repaired. Any competent wheel repair outfit will have this restored to brand new condition with little to no down time.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI ; Acura Integra Type S
In the meantime, you could try touching it up with an appropriate color Sharpie..
Not very permanent, though.

Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i like einkei wheels a lot but their customer service isn't great. i had a similar situation on my old si years ago where i curb rashed one of my einkei wheels so i called them and all they told me was that the closest color that would match my wheel was 'diddler gray' or whatever from autozone.

it seems like they deliberately don't sell their paint separately, like the small touch-up paint bottles you can get from honda or whoever. does anyone else find that very strange? why would you not sell bottles of your paint for touch-up if you are a wheel maker. just seems like an obvious missed opportunity lol.
Sponsored