Anyone know where or of a place making a custom lip

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
So I was wondering since we have limited support on exterior mods . Is there places that exist where they can make your own lips/aero / splitter ? Does that even like exist or s thing

There was a guy making kits on his own looks like it'll end up being a scam but it got me thinking ..

Appreciate feedback and help
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
So I was wondering since we have limited support on exterior mods . Is there places that exist where they can make your own lips/aero / splitter ? Does that even like exist or s thing

There was a guy making kits on his own looks like it'll end up being a scam but it got me thinking ..

Appreciate feedback and help
Or even modify this lip to look like smooth with out the piece going up

Screenshot_20240711-070215~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240711-071156.jpg

Screenshot_20240711-065914.jpg

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Lips I don't know, but sounds like you were also asking about splitters and other aero...? if you're looking for actual aero there are quite a few fabricators out there. AJ Hartman is well known. I've made my own carbon splitters as well, and it's not impossible but not for the faint hearted since it takes a lot of careful cutting and planning, with a couple $k up front for some tools. You can do a wet layup even more easily with next to no special tools.

A lot of amateur racers will build out of marine plywood or road sign material (alumilite) and spray it gloss black. It takes a beating anyway so plywood makes a lot of sense. The hardest part is making mount points for yourself.

The apr one states they designed it as an air dam, not a lip. It will have some antilift function and will help funnel air down. It needs the side pieces (fences they're called) to help create a high pressure area near the factory canards.

If you don't care about aero and you're just looking for a lip, then you can easily cut your own out of some abs plastic. It cuts with nice scissors or a jig saw. You can then leave it abs texture or high grit sand and paint to your choice. Abs is great in this area since it won't chip and dent like aluminum or crack like carbon with the inevitable beating it takes.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
APR, G4werks, Artwork Bodyshop, Epsilon, RS Splitters, Triple Seven, and at least 3 unnamed others that weren't shared with me either have them already, soon to be released, or scanning currently.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Dangit Bobby you've been holding out on us!

I recognize most on your list but who are the other 3 that weren't named?

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
APR, G4werks, Artwork Bodyshop, Epsilon, RS Splitters, Triple Seven, and at least 3 unnamed others that weren't shared with me either have them already, soon to be released, or scanning currently.
Well now I have rsplitters lol
Sponsored