Bad gas?

Wilber158

First Name
Wilber
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Yesterday I went to fill the tank on the Integra Type S, and immediately noticed something strange. The Sport + burble pops were not present at all no matter how high the RPMS were. Now that was the only thing I knew for a FACT. I drove for around 1.2 hours and the first 45 minutes, the pops were non-existent until they slowly started to fade in. I've noticed that before it would take time to kick in, especially on a cold start but it would never take this long.

However, I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks on me or what but I felt slightly less power and heard a higher than usual engine pitch noise at idle.

I was wondering if it was completely normal for the pops not to kick in immediately, would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

P.S. Gas was at an Exxon Mobile station in the Bronx where the station took a whole 7 minutes to fill the tank.
Sponsored

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
The coolant temp has to be at four bars for the burbles and pops. Did you check that?

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
Does EX/Mob have 93 octane? I have to go to local Quick Chek stations, the only ones on my regular drives that have 93.

OP
OP

Wilber158

First Name
Wilber
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yesterday I went to fill the tank on the Integra Type S, and immediately noticed something strange. The Sport + burble pops were not present at all no matter how high the RPMS were. Now that was the only thing I knew for a FACT. I drove for around 1.2 hours and the first 45 minutes, the pops were non-existent until they slowly started to fade in. I've noticed that before it would take time to kick in, especially on a cold start but it would never take this long.
The coolant temp has to be at four bars for the burbles and pops. Did you check that?
Drove it today and the pops do appear at 4 bars however it sounds like it has a suppressor on it. Like it’s the bass on a song or something like that. I will give updates once I drive it a bit more to completely refill the gas tank.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Been filling with 91 gas since last August (no 93 around where I live). Pops and bangs are present when car is hot (4 bars).

OP
OP

Wilber158

First Name
Wilber
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: Maybe I was just being crazy. However the pops and bangs were muffled for some reason but I will give the benefit of the doubt and blame the freezing weather.

preston23

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Been filling with 91 gas since last August (no 93 around where I live). Pops and bangs are present when car is hot (4 bars).
Yeah, it took some time to realize that four bar thing. Been a couple times where I was like listen to the exhaust, then I tried like a million times to get it to pop and I was like omg … they are gone. Lol
Sponsored