Last edited:

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Nice to have the data. Thank you for putting this together!

Does it make a difference for the intake or exhaust dyno if you were to drive the car around for 50 miles for the ecu to relearn its new intake and exhaust metrics after the change or was that included in your test?

Do you have any data for the cumulative results, like intake + exhaust data?

Since the reflash appears to curve the power band out more into a logarithmic appearance, does that also impact the feel of the power delivery? I ask since that's what happened in my gti. Once it was tuned it was making 310whp vs 210 stock, but it flatlined around 5300rpm and essentially felt like it stopped accelerating to 7000.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Car(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
We only compared to stock not cumulative, so we got all the testing done in one day, same fuel same temperatures. No ECU learning was necessary. The computer was only reflashed for the last test of the day with FlashPro. Fuel trims and ignition timing were stable throughout the testing all day. We plan an interview with an owner who's FL5 made huge torque but detuned it for a flatter torque curve. The car became much more fun to drive.

Theoretically you could sum the power gains from all the parts we tested individually.

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S , 2003 Evo, 2018 AMG E63s
Can you run the hondata flash tune with a cat back exhaust? Also is there a 93 octane flash map w/exhaust?

miksfield

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Awesome video! Thank you for making this.

Sponsored

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Very cool to see this and thank you for testing hot vs cold and showing the deltas!

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Very important for you to know. Just letting the car cool down nets 20 hp.
This seems like the start of an argument of why road/track tuning is important due to airflow and real world performance/consistency.

Especially for HPDE, TT, or w2w it's hard to get better and be consistent if your car is losing 20hp after 3 or 4 laps at mostly WOT.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Very important for you to know. Just letting the car cool down nets 20 hp.
Quick question, I noticed there were only 91 octane tunes that listed mods, Im currently flashed on the 91 dp with intercooler tune (I have a HVI, turbo inlet, dp/fp, intercooler and charge pipes installed). Is this the ideal tune for my listed mods or should I be running the 93 tune if I have access to 93?

Also noticed that I hit 26psi and change peak boost in third, stock I dont think ive hit over 23, is this of any concern?

Appreciate any insight in advance, thank you kindly!
Sponsored