Sponsored

smith365

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
How difficult is it to remove the OEM caps? I have seen videos on a Civic that the Mirror needs to come off.
Thanks

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
How difficult is it to remove the OEM caps? I have seen videos on a Civic that the Mirror needs to come off.
Thanks
These tape onto the OEM mirror caps, so removal of the OEM mirror caps is not required/would likely prevent you from being able ot install these--that said, if you're looking to remove your OEM mirror caps for any other reason, they're not difficult to remove. I've removed/reinstalled aftermarket mirror caps a handful of times, and I pull the OEM mirror cap off with the aftermarket cap about half the time.

Be gentle, take it easy, and keep in mind this is a thin/rounded piece of plastic--don't try it if your car is freezing cold.

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
These mirror caps are actually replacements for the OEM ones - they do not tape on.

Like RUNN1N mentioned, just take it easy and be gentle removing the OEM caps. Use a plastic pry tool if needed.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
TGIF everyone. Enjoy these nice pics a customer sent us of some PRO Design Alpha Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps / Covers installed on a 2024 ITS. The contrast looks really nice, IMO.

These are 100% real dry carbon fiber, not just a thin layer on top of plastic, and have a UV-resistant gloss coating gives a "wet" look from the outside.

There are options for non-Type S models too of course. Also a cool "MG" style one with aero channels.

See more details, options, and pics here: https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/acura/integra-pro-design-alpha-carbon-fiber-mirror-covers.html

1696033478620.jpeg

1696033520827.jpeg
Finally a real Carbon!! Placing order 😄

Sponsored

Afgintegra23

First Name
Abel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I have the mirror caps that are taped on top of the oem on the aspec, and tge thing is starting to peel off aroubd the borders. Do you think if I remove them that would damage the paint? And if I take them off to retouch the clear coat, is it possible to reinstall them without the original double sided tape? If anyone has experience with this I would appreciate it. Thanks

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Just to be clear, the mirror caps referred to on this thread are not the "tape on" type ones. Instead, they're full replacement mirror caps.

If the tape on the other ones you got is too strong, it could potentially damage the paint when removed. I would use an adhesive dissolver product (Goo Gone, etc.) or possibly even rubbing alcohol and slowly work that in as you peel it off.

ponny18

First Name
Ponny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser
Just installed the mirror caps from pro import tuners. The drivers side fitment was close enough and left only a small gap compared to oem as shown below:

IMG_4990.jpeg

However, on the passenger side, the gap is large and left an air gap for water and debris to enter through as shown below:

IMG_4989.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

Just emailed customer care for a possible replacement in case this is just a one off since the drivers side seems to fit better. Probably going back to oem caps if fitment continues to be an issue. Besides this issue, looks good otherwise and install was relatively simple.

IMG_4991.jpeg

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Sorry that fitment on the passenger side is a bit off. Thanks for sharing the pics. We'll make sure you get taken care of.

By the way, it might be possible to reduce or eliminate that gap by using some very thin double sided tape on the interior of the mirror cap, and pressing down when installing to secure it in the lowest possible position.

ponny18

First Name
Ponny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser
Sorry that fitment on the passenger side is a bit off. Thanks for sharing the pics. We'll make sure you get taken care of.

By the way, it might be possible to reduce or eliminate that gap by using some very thin double sided tape on the interior of the mirror cap, and pressing down when installing to secure it in the lowest possible position.
Thanks for the tip. The mirror cap came with adhesive on the inside that I hoped would hold. I used painters tape to keep the cap in place while the adhesive cured for 24 hours but unfortunately as soon as I removed the tape, the cap popped back up.

Sponsored

ponny18

First Name
Ponny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Toyota Land Cruiser
Well, thanks for trying. We'll get you a replacement or a refund. I apologize for the fitment being a little off.
Just received the replacement mirror cap today and installed it. The fitment was great. Cristian from proimporttuners was awesome and quick to respond. No one should have any hesitation ordering from them. Thanks again!

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
That's good to hear man. I'm planning to buy Mugen version soon here. This will be my 2nd cap. My first one was OEM style

OP
OP
proimporttuners
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Various Imports
Just received the replacement mirror cap today and installed it. The fitment was great. Cristian from proimporttuners was awesome and quick to respond. No one should have any hesitation ordering from them. Thanks again!
That's great the second one worked out perfectly. I'm glad we could take care of that small fitment issue for you. Thank you for the recommendation! I'll let Cristian know.
Sponsored