CMBS and RDMS

GotSeoul?

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Platinum White Pearl Integra Type S
Well I've owned a new ITS for almost 2 months now (just made my first post here recently).

All of a sudden today while picking up my daughter from school with nobody around me the dash gave me two messages.

One was for the CMBS and one was for the RDMS (road departure) saying they needed to be serviced. Then right before I got home they flashed again but went away quickly the same way.

All the Honda dealers around me said they can't touch it and the only Acura dealership within a hefty radius said October 10th was the soonest I could get it diagnosed.

Anyone else have this issue? And will they even be able to pull codes if there's no lights actively on the dash? Thanks in advance.

To be clear, neither system engaged. Just the error messages that disappeared within 5-6 seconds. I'd bring it to the dealer but West Herr in Buffalo, NY is more than 2 hours away.
Sponsored

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
Good luck, hopefully it does not reappear! My son's Integra had several codes pop up the first morning of our spring break trip. We waited a week until we got home to schedule, then they were booked a couple weeks out for loaners. It was almost a month between the codes activating, clearing themselves and seeng the dealer, and they were still able to pull them. You'll be fine.

OP
OP

GotSeoul?

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good luck, hopefully it does not reappear! My son's Integra had several codes pop up the first morning of our spring break trip. We waited a week until we got home to schedule, then they were booked a couple weeks out for loaners. It was almost a month between the codes activating, clearing themselves and seeng the dealer, and they were still able to pull them. You'll be fine.
Thanks for the input here. I got nervous thinking the systems might randomly engage and brake out of nowhere or something.

Glad to know in your case something similar happened and they still found the issue. Can I ask how long it took them to rectify it?

Understanding my experience may vary on a dealership to dealership experience. Appreciate your posts.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
If you have lights or codes, the system probably won't activate.

But be aware that when there are no codes, the system can activate for no reason. Happened to me once: out of nowhere, the car though there was an obstacle, lost all power and had "BRAKE" flash in the cluster. Lasted like a second or two, then everything went back to normal.
Guess the camera saw something that wasn't there. Was a sunny day, but there were trees on the side of the road making a lot of shady spots...

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
Audi's slam on its brakes for shadows. My wife's car does this and I hate it.

Clean the windshield especially in front of camera and the sensors on the bumper. No debris on em because the dealer may say that bee you hit on purpose caused your codes.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI ; Acura Integra Type S
It would sure be nice if consumers had a choice to opt out of (and not pay for) all the useless electronic crap jammed into modern cars. If you think it's annoying now, just wait until the car is out of warranty and un-driveable waiting for a $1000 out-of-stock useless malfunctioning sensor.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At least you can turn off most of this if you want in the ITS. You need to do it through the right little wheel on the steering wheel, not via the infotainment screen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GotSeoul?

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At least you can turn off most of this if you want in the ITS. You need to do it through the right little wheel on the steering wheel, not via the infotainment screen.
I was searching yesterday for a minute in the infotainment. Thank you so much.

I've never had a car with really any safety tech and honestly I find it either jarring or annoying.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was searching yesterday for a minute in the infotainment. Thank you so much.

I've never had a car with really any safety tech and honestly I find it either jarring or annoying.
I can really understand you. On my side, I wanted to disable the lane keep assist as when I move over the line to let some space for a bike, the car always wanted to go back in the line and risking hitting the bicycle! Tried so many times in the infotainment to disable it without success (or it would always come back on next time I started the car). When I went to the dealer to have a warranty repair done, I talked with the manager, saying that the fact it was impossible to disable was the worst part about that car. He was great and showed me how to do it. It's easy, you just need to know how!

OP
OP

GotSeoul?

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can really understand you. On my side, I wanted to disable the lane keep assist as when I move over the line to let some space for a bike, the car always wanted to go back in the line and risking hitting the bicycle! Tried so many times in the infotainment to disable it without success (or it would always come back on next time I started the car). When I went to the dealer to have a warranty repair done, I talked with the manager, saying that the fact it was impossible to disable was the worst part about that car. He was great and showed me how to do it. It's easy, you just need to know how!
I found it thanks to your previous comment!

Stuff like lane keep is a good idea on paper but in reality when it takes away my control of the car when I'm just trying to merge onto the highway maybe over some dotted lines or go around something in the road it feels more disconcerting instead.

If I had a long daily highway commute maybe it would be more helpful to me personally.
Sponsored