Differential fluid/gear oil

Underceej21

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Aspec Tech CVT
Hi all, I’ll likely hit 15k miles next summer. I see it says to change out differential fluid/gear oil at 15k .

Does anyone know how much that runs at most Acura and/or Honda dealers?

Forgive me for my ignorance but I thought that service is for AWD vehicles and wouldn’t apply for the Integra, yet I believe it’s in the service manual.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Diff fluid is for RWD and AWD vehicles, which the integra is neither (FWD). The service manual you probably saw was a generic service manual for the whole Acura/honda line up most likely. All you have to do is change CVT or manual fluid, that depends how you wanna go about it. Either wait for the maintenance sub code which is a 3, or replace at CVT 25,000 or manual 37,500 miles.

OP
OP

Underceej21

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Aspec Tech CVT
Thank you for the helpful response! Is 25,000 for CVT fluid very early? I’m used to transmission fluid being around 50-70k, but if that’s what it needs I’ll do it. Just seems early compared to my other CVT transmissions.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Thank you for the helpful response! Is 25,000 for CVT fluid very early? I’m used to transmission fluid being around 50-70k, but if that’s what it needs I’ll do it. Just seems early compared to my other CVT transmissions.
Mileage isn’t given when it comes to transmission fluid replacement. You’re suppose to wait for the 3 sub code to have it replaced. The only mileage note in the service manual says if you drive in mountainous area at low speeds often replace at 25,000 and so everyone just seemed to go with that figure out of precaution of the sensitivity of a CVT. That’s why I stated it depends how you want to go about it, either wait for sub code 3 at an unknown mileage that the car determines its time to replace or be overly cautious and replace at 25,000 miles. It’s a pretty simple and easy maintenance item. All it is, is a drain and fill.
Sponsored