Sponsored

Estimated Delivery Timeframe for the 200 Preordered Cars

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well I did it... I went in yesterday fully expecting to pass on my Black/Black reservation and wait out delivery of a White/Black or Red/Black from the waitlist, but this car in black looks ANGRY. Like the kind of car a sensible villain with a family might drive. I was convinced the dark color would obscure the angles in the bodywork, but my wife and I both felt they stood out as well/possibly better than the White/Red demo. One unexpected benefit of MBP: it's much tougher to see the seam of the rear fender pieces. I'll admit that part of me does love the contrast of color (especially Platinum White) to the gloss black aero bits, but I've never fully ruled out a vinyl wrap on this car. I'm glad I lucked into my #1 of the 4 reservation options, even if I didn't think it was going to be for me.

The sale price was always MSRP, but I managed to get them to $31,500 on my gently used Integra A-Spec + Tech along with a price I'm happy with for parts and installation of the illuminated accessories. I figure dealers are well aware of how easy it'll be to sell these cars (especially those that have a policy of selling at MSRP) and it'll be tough to get a win, but I'm genuinely satisfied with how it all panned out.

Fit/Finish: After a year with the A-Spec + Tech and seeing postings around here, I had the benefit of knowing problem areas for fitment, and I'm happy to report the one I got appears to be great in that department. The other two they had appeared to be great as well. I admit I was the crazy person going over the car with a flashlight, panel tool, and measuring tape eager to find issues, but I plan to keep this car long-term and it's not cheap. Better safe than sorry. That said... I did find one issue--I had what appeared to be an ever so slight possible partial fingerprint of Performance Red paint under the clear coat on one of the mirror caps. Whatever it was, I had to really get in there to see it, but it was an easy tool-less fix with no hassle--mirror cap was replaced and it's good-to-go.
Sponsored

OP
OP

L___I

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M440 GC
As of yesterday afternoon no date for mine.
I'm curious if anybody with a pre-order for Tiger Eye has received a build/delivery date. I've been harassing my dealer since I received the email from Acura, but haven't gotten any info out of them yet.
Was told this morning that the Tiger Eye Type S I reserved through the reservation system would be there in 3 weeks, which puts it at 7/11. Seems pretty far out, but I guess it could come earlier.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Was told this morning that the Tiger Eye Type S I reserved through the reservation system would be there in 3 weeks, which puts it at 7/11. Seems pretty far out, but I guess it could come earlier.
That timeline makes sense, thanks for sharing. Based on the Savagegeese review, Acura is apparently doing batches of 200 (someone correct me if I misheard that) of a single color, then switching. So, it seems like white and blue were first, then possibly black, and maybe Tiger Eye after that. Based on which colors were used for press cars and which colors appear to be currently showing up at dealers, that'd be my guess.

Last edited:

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That timeline makes sense, thanks for sharing. Based on the Savagegeese review, Acura is apparently doing batches of 200 (someone correct me if I misheard that) of a single color, then switching. So, I seems like white and blue were first, then possible black, and maybe Tiger Eye after that. Based on which colors were used for press cars and which colors appear to be currently showing up at dealers, that'd be my guess.
Your correct. I just hope I dont get the first few of a batch..

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
But as of today, it's been built and it'll be 2-3wks for arrival here in North Cackalacky.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Post colors of what you ordered please

Last edited:

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Just updated my post. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks! I have same color combo but no update yet. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Just got confirmation that my Tiger Eye pre-order should arrive around 7/10. Acura of North Austin (formerly David McDavid) are sticking with MSRP + Tint, wheel locks, all-weather mats and cargo tray, which they were transparent about since orders opened. Very pleased.

Sponsored

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I got an email from Acura directly not the dealership last Wednesday saying my car was in production. I had the liquid carbon Metallic. I live in C Bus once its done I'm hoping delivery time should be nothing as the dealership is only 30 mins from Marysville.

24DE5TypeS

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 RSX Type S
I got an email from Acura directly not the dealership last Wednesday saying my car was in production. I had the liquid carbon Metallic. I live in C Bus once its done I'm hoping delivery time should be nothing as the dealership is only 30 mins from Marysville.
You might be one of the first to take delivery of a LCM.

jrodtypeS

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic type R
Does anyone know when the White with Ebony is being built?So I ran to the dealer when I first heard of the the Type S the day it was announced in April. I put a $500.00 deposit down. I initially wanted white with Orchid. But my sales guy called in April saying he could only get the white/red or white/ ebony . When the preorder came out in May I was not able to reserve a car but my sales guy told me not worry that I was first on list. He called me last Friday to come see the demo which was already sold to one of the Acura mechanics. The sales guy said he is not sure when the White/ebony will come in. Just checking to see if anyone has any further build info please.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Does anyone know when the White with Ebony is being built?So I ran to the dealer when I first heard of the the Type S the day it was announced in April. I put a $500.00 deposit down. I initially wanted white with Orchid. But my sales guy called in April saying he could only get the white/red or white/ ebony . When the preorder came out in May I was not able to reserve a car but my sales guy told me not worry that I was first on list. He called me last Friday to come see the demo which was already sold to one of the Acura mechanics. The sales guy said he is not sure when the White/ebony will come in. Just checking to see if anyone has any further build info please.
If Acura is building them from the right of this chart to the left, it should be up soon--oddly, the Acura build tool also shows White/Orchid being an option, but it isn't on this list at all:

Color Combos.jpeg