Estimated Delivery Timeframe for the 200 Preordered Cars

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Sale manager told me the car is in georgia and should arrive to the delaership in ga next week. I emailed him after i got the email this morning. Blk/Blk
Are you buying from Nalley Acura?

I am buying from Nalley and also black/black, and the sales person just emailed to say my Integra is coming and is in TN. The wait is killing me right now!
Sponsored

Jessup

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MDX
Are you buying from Nalley Acura?

I am buying from Nalley and also black/black, and the sales person just emailed to say my Integra is coming and is in TN. The wait is killing me right now!
Yes i'm buying from nalley, the wait has been rough. I backed out on the Illuminated badge and blacked out badge for the rear.

Skyways

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
iTS
Lol so everyone got that email? I been waiting for my TEP, still nothing, apparently the dealer says I have a July 10-14 production date. Still nothing on Acura's website either

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Yes i'm buying from nalley, the wait has been rough. I backed out on the Illuminated badge and blacked out badge for the rear.
Great to know. I saw Nalley has 2 black/black and 1 LCM in transit, so hopefully they will arrive by next week. I plan to do ceramic tint, mud flaps and black out badges (no illuminated).

Sponsored

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Embarrassing…..
No kidding. A company that builds > 4 MILLION cars a year runs a tickmaster-esque shitty promo for 200 measly cars, throws those buyers to the mercy of the dealers for mark-ups on their pre-orders, and 2 months later has only managed to deliver a fraction of THOSE cars with no rhyme or reason as who gets one and when.

Even more stupid from a business standpoint, they push demos out to dealers to create buzz and excitement and here we are a couple days before the mandatory 1 month holding period with most of these dealers no doubt punting the demos out after this weekend. How much "buzz" does that create other than for people still waiting for their pre-orders or who were already on a list for a car they don't seem to be able to produce and no dealer will have one to look at through the end of year at least?

They projected selling 36,000 Integras a year with 10% being Type S's. That translates into 700-800 Integras built per WEEK, possibly more since they don't build 52 weeks a year. Happy to be proven wrong in the coming months but it's not a very impressive launch for a company that's been doing this for a long time. They should worry more about getting them built and in people's driveways than getting 100 social media "influencers" to swoon over the car.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
They projected selling 36,000 Integras a year with 10% being Type S's. That translates into 700-800 Integras built per WEEK, possibly more since they don't build 52 weeks a year. Happy to be proven wrong in the coming months but it's not a very impressive launch for a company that's been doing this for a long time. They should worry more about getting them built and in people's driveways than getting 100 social media "influencers" to swoon over the car.
Acura's goal for 2023 is 28,000 Integras (or perhaps that's what they're on pace to build, can't remember what the article said specifically, but I believe 36,000 is the goal for next year) with 10% of those being Type-S', but this year's total ITS could very well be 5% of 28,000 since they're essentially rolling out mid-year.

Either way, they could be aiming for 1,400-2,800 ITS' for 2023 with ~26 weeks left of the year, for somewhere around 50-100 ITS' per week. I know it feels like 0 ITS' are reaching dealerships, but that's not actually the case. They very well could be hitting 50-100/week.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Acura's goal for 2023 is 28,000 Integras (or perhaps that's what they're on pace to build, can't remember what the article said specifically, but I believe 36,000 is the goal for next year) with 10% of those being Type-S', but this year's total ITS could very well be 5% of 28,000 since they're essentially rolling out mid-year.

Either way, they could be aiming for 1,400-2,800 ITS' for 2023 with ~26 weeks left of the year, for somewhere around 50-100 ITS' per week. I know it feels like 0 ITS' are reaching dealerships, but that's not actually the case. They very well could be hitting 50-100/week.
Maybe just semantics, but are those model year or calendar year goals? As the ITS is a already a 2024 model year at introduction. It also seems that Acura transitions to new a model year around the end of spring/early summer (at least for the Integra line, as other 2024 MY have just started hitting dealerships in the past couple of months).

I also ask as in speaking with some dealerships, some have mentioned that they'll get X number of cars for the year. When I have asked for clarification, some have told me it is for the the whole 2024 model year allocation and not for calendar year 2023. Of course, have to take that information with a grain of salt.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Maybe just semantics, but are those model year or calendar year goals? As the ITS is a already a 2024 model year at introduction. It also seems that Acura transitions to new a model year around the end of spring/early summer (at least for the Integra line, as other 2024 MY have just started hitting dealerships in the past couple of months).

I also ask as in speaking with some dealerships, some have mentioned that they'll get X number of cars for the year. When I have asked for clarification, some have told me it is for the the whole 2024 model year allocation and not for calendar year 2023. Of course, have to take that information with a grain of salt.
I'll admit I haven't given the model year vs calendar year question any thought.

It's easy enough for me to assume "year" means "calendar year", dealership employees tend to know very little (especially the ones who act like they know it all), manufacturers release 2024 vehicles in halfway through 2023 to make certain buyers feel like they've got a "new" car for 18 months, and Reese's pumpkins will make you sick if you buy them any earlier than October.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Saw this earlier today.

IMG_1887.png

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

Don’t know what to tell ya, all dealerships in Colorado have claimed only 4 ITS allocation for 2023 and that hasn’t changed since April. My salesman said other dealerships in different states are getting up to 15 allocations. Who knows? Wish we knew or Acura could give us all a better estimate

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Don’t know what to tell ya, all dealerships in Colorado have claimed only 4 ITS allocation for 2023 and that hasn’t changed since April. My salesman said other dealerships in different states are getting up to 15 allocations. Who knows? Wish we knew or Acura could give us all a better estimate
Well that part could very well be true--producing 1,400-2,800/year and distributing them equally across all dealerships are very different. They're going to stagger allocations to favor dealerships that sell the highest volume of cars. This is something they do with all models.

The dealership I bought from got 5 reservation cars delivered to them, and they're expecting an additional 9 allocations for the rest of the year. Another got 3 reservations and they're only getting 6 for the rest of the year. The dealership with the lower number of allocations is the national leader in NSX sales, but evidently sells fewer of everything else.

A better estimate isn't going to happen--it's much easier to hit a goal if it's not specific/communicated.
Sponsored