Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm pretty much doing the same... although, I do have some rigid collars and a PRL rear mount I'll likely add. I don't see the rigid collars as something that has a potential downside (essentially just "tightening the screws"), and the RMM is easy enough to take off if it's too aggressive.

You looking at these new OLEDs coming out? Been waiting for a 32" 4k / 240hz / OLED for awhile now, and it looks like we're finally getting it (while I'll probably wait on objective measurements from tftcentral, etc., OLEDs are a pretty known quantity at this point, and we've already got the first iteration / teething pains out of the way). I do think I'm going to try and hold out for the 50xx series if I can... kicking myself for not picking up a 4090 on release.
I'll admit another limiting factor for me is finding a place to do the work. Whether it's me doing it myself or paying someone to do it- at this moment, as much as it pains me to say it the only place I trust is the dealer for warranty and (some) maintenance... until I find a semi-local place that more or less specializes in imports/Hondas in particular, or some sort of facility like I enjoyed in the military where I have access to a lift and all the tools I'd need, the ancillary mods are going to have to wait.

As for monitors, I'll try to only derail the thread for a moment but you also hit the nail on the head. That's the exact monitor I got:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ali...5qf/apd/210-blmq/monitors-monitor-accessories

I've actually had the insanely expensive ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ 27" 4K HDR, but it's not OLED, and little known fact, it's internally cooled by several fans that just got noisier over the 2 years I had it. It's still in my office I have to figure out what I want to do with it; it works perfectly fine but my wife started complaining about the noise!

So I bought the Alienware 34" ultrawide OLED and it was great- but I instantly noticed the "downgrade" in resolution from 4k. It was ok for a while because I was powering it with a 3080, but when this 32" 4K OLED hit the market a couple weeks ago it got me lusting after it. I also noticed that 4090s are now accessible at MSRP, I found one for $1799 at Best Buy and scooped it up. I am QUITE PLEASED with the end result; even though I'm still slightly held back by my 10th gen i9. I'm a huge Cyberpunk 2077 fan and holy shit. The game already looks great but it is next level playing at 60+ frames at 4k in "RTX overdrive" mode.

Well, marketing and social media are strong forces. At the end of the day, CTR and ITS are so similar that any performance differences due to the car is likely a very small percentage of overall performance as the driver is the key factor in maximizing performance anyway.

@optronix From the system point of view, going to very sticky tires is a non-trivial modification. Sidewall stiffness is part of the overall spring rate and the increase grip level puts different demands into the system. 200TW tires are probably alright. Any stickier, you might start chasing different balance points. o_O
200TW is definitely as far as I'll go for something that will also be my summer street tire. I figured I would be mostly safe with Cup2s, but people continue to rave about the Bridgestones so it will be a game time decision.

I also fear that putting stickier tires on may alter my current trajectory as far as desire to do more modifications. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there ;).
Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'll admit another limiting factor for me is finding a place to do the work. Whether it's me doing it myself or paying someone to do it- at this moment, as much as it pains me to say it the only place I trust is the dealer for warranty and (some) maintenance... until I find a semi-local place that more or less specializes in imports/Hondas in particular, or some sort of facility like I enjoyed in the military where I have access to a lift and all the tools I'd need, the ancillary mods are going to have to wait.

As for monitors, I'll try to only derail the thread for a moment but you also hit the nail on the head. That's the exact monitor I got:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/ali...5qf/apd/210-blmq/monitors-monitor-accessories

I've actually had the insanely expensive ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ 27" 4K HDR, but it's not OLED, and little known fact, it's internally cooled by several fans that just got noisier over the 2 years I had it. It's still in my office I have to figure out what I want to do with it; it works perfectly fine but my wife started complaining about the noise!

So I bought the Alienware 34" ultrawide OLED and it was great- but I instantly noticed the "downgrade" in resolution from 4k. It was ok for a while because I was powering it with a 3080, but when this 32" 4K OLED hit the market a couple weeks ago it got me lusting after it. I also noticed that 4090s are now accessible at MSRP, I found one for $1799 at Best Buy and scooped it up. I am QUITE PLEASED with the end result; even though I'm still slightly held back by my 10th gen i9. I'm a huge Cyberpunk 2077 fan and holy shit. The game already looks great but it is next level playing at 60+ frames at 4k in "RTX overdrive" mode.

200TW is definitely as far as I'll go for something that will also be my summer street tire. I figured I would be mostly safe with Cup2s, but people continue to rave about the Bridgestones so it will be a game time decision.

I also fear that putting stickier tires on may alter my current trajectory as far as desire to do more modifications. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there ;).
re: monitors (last time)... that's awesome! I briefly tried on of the 42" 120hz OLEDs last year (based off of LG's 42" TV panel), and my takeaway was the colors and motion clarity were there, but the pixel density wasn't (for desktop use). I'll be going the route you did shortly. I imagine the QD panels should improve the color even further.

I am in the same boat re: where to get the work done. I've had the collars for about 6 months now, but I don't want to bring it just anywhere to have it done. I'd really like to not be some dude's first attempt, haha. I should have access to a lift in the spring, but having never done it before, I'm a little nervous.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S and some others.
@optronix RE-71RS is an amazing tire but don’t count the A052 out.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As some of you might find it interesting to hear various perspectives, I am picking this new toy up tomorrow. Of course, I am very excited about it. I am happy to share my thoughts as I put miles on it.
IMG_7939.jpeg

Coincidentally, passenger side front DWS 06+ has a leak so I “need” to put fun miles on this new toy. :D

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
As some of you might find it interesting to hear various perspectives, I am picking this new toy up tomorrow. Of course, I am very excited about it. I am happy to share my thoughts as I put miles on it.
IMG_7939.jpeg

Coincidentally, passenger side front DWS 06+ has a leak so I “need” to put fun miles on this new toy. :D
Congrats!! Love the color.

Last edited:

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I was just thinking that I needed a 992 Carrera T. Very envious, I won't even try to hide it lol.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Did you spec it? More pics when / if you have a chance (and don't mind taking the time)... gotta live vicariously, haha.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks! My 718T was also shark blue and I like the color more than I thought I would.
Beautiful blue. I wish we were offered this but I guess the PMC has that covered with Long Beach blue.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow, very nice. enjoy. Let me know when you're ready to sell it! ;)
Cars can sometimes be surprising. The original plan was not to keep the 911T for long. However, I find myself enjoying a few of the short term cars the most and miss them when they are gone.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, when you get bored and need someone to keep the parts moving every couple weeks, give me a ring. I'll hook you up for cheap 🤣😂
Honeymoon effect is strong on this one. I hope it won’t sit around too much. :D

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you spec it? More pics when / if you have a chance (and don't mind taking the time)... gotta live vicariously, haha.
Yes, I did get to order this the way I wanted. Carbon fiber roof, simple and lightweight was the goal. I will share more photos in the coming days weeks. I decided to add splashes of color as I usually go with very plain interior. Shark blue seat belts and trim pieces. :cool:

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was just thinking that I needed a 992 Carrera T. Very envious, I won't even try to hide it lol.
The 992T is pretty special! But it doesn’t feel much faster than the ITS.

I am pleasantly surprised by the amazing exhaust sound engineering. Above 7000rpm, it sounds pretty great. Almost naturally aspirated sounding.

Overall, it’s like a toned down GT3T!
Sponsored