Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
It seems like the more I drive the more noticable it is so maybe the exhaust is still breaking in. Is that a thing lol?? I only have 429 miles on it.
I have no proof but I definitely feel that mine got louder after break-in. In the first 500 miles it just sounded ok but now at over 1,500 miles I make sure Iā€™m in comfort when driving around my neighborhood lol

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
I didnā€™t expect it to get as much attention as it has. Ppl on the fwy at the gas station, parking lots etc. I thought it was a good looking car but in black with black emblems kinna expected it go under the radar. It has not.
Same they almost always say dude type s ? Or they stick hand out on fwy with thumbs up. Or at my barbershop theu come in and ask who's type s ..

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I will never go Bmw again. Just not my thing. I had a m3 at one point in 2018-19 and it was fun but just wasn't for me. I'm not really someone who is loyal to a specific brand or what not. My taste is always changing and I'm just enjoying life as it happens. I really really like the R and the S. As it is right now the FK8 is paid off so there's no worries there, but chances are by winter time it will go to my brother who's really been wanting one especially after driving mine. I've tracked it a couple times but I won't do it enough in the future to warrant keeping it. I'd like to keep it in my little circle of family or friends if possible, so we'll see how that plays out. With that said, if it does go away I will replace it with another truck. I had a 21 Ford ranger and that little truck was badass and I would not mind having another one. I switch and go through cars like I'll be dead at midnight lol. Life is way too short.

As far as the pops, I am always in sport + or individual with engine and gauges in sport + and steering and suspension in sport. It seems like the more I drive the more noticable it is so maybe the exhaust is still breaking in. Is that a thing lol?? I only have 429 miles on it.
It makes things easier when cars are paid off lol. I get it. That would be one hell of a gift if you decided to give it to your brother! I'm not really a "get sideways" kind of guy either but M cars still do it for me. The M2 in particular, but the F80 is probably the best-looking sports sedan ever built. A Miata is also another car that would be a fantastic augmentation to an ITS. Can't go wrong with a truck though either.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
Yeah I can't reconcile steering of a previous gen, lower-tier model of the same manufacturer (possibly on all seasons?) being better than this car. Also my son has a 9th gen Si and the steering is not even in the same galaxy so this to me doesn't hold water, sorry. Maybe the bushings really make that much of a difference- if so maybe I should look into them lol. Otherwise, it should be pretty clear that I disagree.

I do recall that when I first drove it comfort mode steering was too light for me, but I don't mind it now. It's not perfect but it's as good as is reasonably possible for an electric rack in a $50k car. What kind of driving are you doing? "Changing lanes at a high rate of speed" doesn't really qualify as the type of driving where you'd experience the nuances of what this car is good at... go find a good road with actual bends in it and get back to us. The beauty of this car is you don't have to be going fast for it to be enjoyable. It punches way above its weight class in that regard, and steering feel is part of that.
The 10th gen Si and Type R epas is identical, only difference being calibration and steering ratio. The epas in the 11th gen Civic/Integra is just an evolution of the same unit, so the unit in my Si is more similar to our Integras than you think. The 9th Gen Si youā€™ve driven shares nothing with its successors, so that isnā€™t a great basis imo. Keep in mind Iā€™m just as susceptible to confirmation bias as you are (we bought the same car), and steering feel (my description that you scrutinize) is subjective in nature. Fwiw, I did have almost 2 degrees of camber up front so maybe that influenced it as well. Lastly, yes, solid bushings and the increase in caster afforded by the ALK made a decent difference in reducing wheel hop, increasing straight line stability, and added clarity of what the front tires were doing/where they were pointing, even in city driving. And finding backroads around nyc is hard lol, wish me luck

Sponsored

OP
OP

Steve48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes EQA, BMW 330e. ITS On Order.
It makes things easier when cars are paid off lol. I get it. That would be one hell of a gift if you decided to give it to your brother! I'm not really a "get sideways" kind of guy either but M cars still do it for me. The M2 in particular, but the F80 is probably the best-looking sports sedan ever built. A Miata is also another car that would be a fantastic augmentation to an ITS. Can't go wrong with a truck though either.
I agree with your F80 pointā€¦no bad angles, super aggressive yet classy at the same time.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The 10th gen Si and Type R epas is identical, only difference being calibration and steering ratio. The epas in the 11th gen Civic/Integra is just an evolution of the same unit, so the unit in my Si is more similar to our Integras than you think. The 9th Gen Si youā€™ve driven shares nothing with its successors, so that isnā€™t a great basis imo. Keep in mind Iā€™m just as susceptible to confirmation bias as you are (we bought the same car), and steering feel (my description that you scrutinize) is subjective in nature. Fwiw, I did have almost 2 degrees of camber up front so maybe that influenced it as well. Lastly, yes, solid bushings and the increase in caster afforded by the ALK made a decent difference in reducing wheel hop, increasing straight line stability, and added clarity of what the front tires were doing/where they were pointing, even in city driving. And finding backroads around nyc is hard lol, wish me luck
Sure. Different calibration and steering ratio makes a pretty big difference, as do tires. As does the particulars of whatever mods you've done, which you continue to reveal, and clearly you as an individual prefer. I still can't get with your take that an Si steering is better, sorry... especially when you haven't really used it in a scenario where it would even expose itself. How can you comment on steering based on highway driving? Do you even TURN bro?

Anyway, if it isn't clear by now, you'll never convince me that an Si has better steering than an ITS/CTR. Call it confirmation bias if you want, it's a weird take and I already feel like I'm wasting energy trying to be kind/not dismissive about it lol. Pretty sure I'm failing, and I apologize for that but- wow. Mind blowing takes in here.

edit- this is actually similar to a recent video by a YouTuber that said a Camaro had better steering than a GT4. He also forgot to mention the Camaro had been modified to include 200 treadwear tires- and yes, that makes a difference lol.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Positives
  • Feels a lot faster than the speedo suggests
Well well well, if only I could have predicted the YouTubes would confirm my claim. Engineering Explained says in 2nd gear these pull as hard as a new BMW M2. Some people might say it's theoretical but let's not forget, gravity is just a theory too!

Engineering Explained ITS

Screenshot_20230908_113606_YouTube.jpg

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM/E DE5
Sure. Different calibration and steering ratio makes a pretty big difference, as do tires. As does the particulars of whatever mods you've done, which you continue to reveal, and clearly you as an individual prefer. I still can't get with your take that an Si steering is better, sorry... especially when you haven't really used it in a scenario where it would even expose itself. How can you comment on steering based on highway driving? Do you even TURN bro?

Anyway, if it isn't clear by now, you'll never convince me that an Si has better steering than an ITS/CTR. Call it confirmation bias if you want, it's a weird take and I already feel like I'm wasting energy trying to be kind/not dismissive about it lol. Pretty sure I'm failing, and I apologize for that but- wow. Mind blowing takes in here.

edit- this is actually similar to a recent video by a YouTuber that said a Camaro had better steering than a GT4. He also forgot to mention the Camaro had been modified to include 200 treadwear tires- and yes, that makes a difference lol.
Man I hope youā€™re younger than me lol. Iā€™m not trying to convince you of anything, so whether youā€™re apologizing rhetorically or not, idk why you are. No oneā€™s trying to impress you or is looking for your approval. Learn (or donā€™t) to accept the fact that peopleā€™s opinions may differ from yours. Whether a YouTuber or a random on an Acura Integra forum. I see you autocross, have a decent following here, and own/owned various performance cars, so maybe thatā€™s where your pretentiousness lies. If you have genuine advice on how to best learn/enjoy this car during street driving, without being condescending, Iā€™m all ears/eyes. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy the car Chris Harris

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Man I hope youā€™re younger than me lol. Iā€™m not trying to convince you of anything, so whether youā€™re apologizing rhetorically or not, idk why you are. No oneā€™s trying to impress you or is looking for your approval. Learn (or donā€™t) to accept the fact that peopleā€™s opinions may differ from yours. Whether a YouTuber or a random on an Acura Integra forum. I see you autocross, have a decent following here, and own/owned various performance cars, so maybe thatā€™s where your pretentiousness lies. If you have genuine advice on how to best learn/enjoy this car during street driving, without being condescending, Iā€™m all ears/eyes. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy the car Chris Harris
Lol ok. I can almost guarantee I'm not younger than you I just don't agree with your take, frankly think it's ridiculous and think a counterpoint should be offered. I can't control when people on here get offended, that much is clear. You shouldn't, it's the Internet and I don't know you from Adam... but join the club. Some people just really don't like their opinions being challenged apparently.

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

As far as the pops, I am always in sport + or individual with engine and gauges in sport + and steering and suspension in sport. It seems like the more I drive the more noticable it is so maybe the exhaust is still breaking in. Is that a thing lol?? I only have 429 miles on it.
Yes. Notice how it pops and gurgles now. Then pay attention when you reach 1k to 1700 miles. Throw it on neutral and rev, to me it pops noticeably more

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'll add the disclaimer that turning off VSA will induce more risk. I'm sure it's there for a reason. So definitely keep that in mind and don't push the car past your limits, in which case unless you're a pro racing driver, are going to be far below the car's.

But yes, definitely experiment with it off. I do wish it was just a button, but once you do it a few times it becomes muscle memory.

I also noticed in the Hagerty drag racing video posted earlier today, Camissa commented that "you can't turn the traction control all the way off", and that is a fallacy. It's becoming more prominent that people just aren't aware that you can turn it off, but I'm also failing to realize that the pedal dance has effectively become FL5/DE5 owners' "Konami code" (dating myself here a bit), and it's probably naive to assume that most people know about it.

For those who perhaps do not:

- foot on brake, parking brake off: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot OFF brake, parking brake ON: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- foot ON brake, parking brake on: push traction control button until it beeps TWICE (x2)
- gtg

For those who need to see it performed for it to sink in, here's Thomas from Throttle House with his PSA on VSA:

Rev match is a personal decision. I suck at heel-toe to the point it's not enjoyable, so I leave it on and love it. I blame my size 12s and awful ankle flexibility due to spraining them each no less than 10 times (I'm not being facetious).
I still haven't turned rev match off, but VSA fully off makes a HUGE difference. From what I could tell, it really leans into the turns much easier & actually feels more planted to me. I sort of thought with VSA on it would induce more rotation, but so far I haven't experienced that quite yet. I'm also carefully pushing it more & more into the turns while keeping an eye on the G-meter since this is just on our local back roads that I know well.

I definitely wish this was button activated or hopefully can be tuned out via switch or somehow in the future.

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜24 ITS, ā€˜21 Bronco, ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜88 911
Fuel tank is tiny small. Low fuel light came on as I was turning into the gas station. Only took a little over ten gallons to top off. The most useful dashboard display maybe the miles to empty one. According to the trip computer Iā€™m averaging about 26 mpg.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Surprised of the MPG I get with the car. After 4000 km, I averaged 8.0 L / 100 km.

With my 2014 Honda Fit automashift, I averaged 8.5 L / 100 km on the last 9 years. Notice that I drove in a lot of trafic with the Fit.

Nonetheless, I'm quite surprised that I can achieve that in the ITS, with so much performance compared to the Fit.
Sponsored