Knocking noise from wheel well

Mrfosheezy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-spec
I've had my Integra Aspec for about 2 months now, and I started noticing a knocking noise coming from my wheel well. Has anyone else experienced this? The noise is noticeable from about 45mph and increases with speed. I can post videos to get a better understanding of the noise.
Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Did they check tire balance? Lug nuts? Sometimes it is the easy things that are overlooked. Based on noticing with a certain speed I would say tire issue for sure.
Easy home test rotate your tires and see if the problem moves.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Not knowing what they already looked at, makes it kind of hard to make a single recommendation, but hopefully it's something simple.

Have they inspected/tested:
  • All under body and wheel well paneling to ensure it's secure?
  • The front fender enclosure is installed properly? I noticed both of mine weren't fully hooked into place, highlighted below. You just have to open your door(s) to be able to check and reposition into place.
Screenshot 2024-05-31 100733.png

• Checked for a broken/slipped tire belt. I believe a road force balance is the best way to check for this.
  • Drive axles? My '02 RSX Type-S had one, or both, replaced under warranty and they'd make a thumping noise that increased with speed.
  • Engine mounts?

OP
OP

Mrfosheezy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-spec
Not knowing what they already looked at, makes it kind of hard to make a single recommendation, but hopefully it's something simple.

Have they inspected/tested:
  • All under body and wheel well paneling to ensure it's secure?
  • The front fender enclosure is installed properly? I noticed both of mine weren't fully hooked into place, highlighted below. You just have to open your door(s) to be able to check and reposition into place.
Screenshot 2024-05-31 100733.png

• Checked for a broken/slipped tire belt. I believe a road force balance is the best way to check for this.
  • Drive axles? My '02 RSX Type-S had one, or both, replaced under warranty and they'd make a thumping noise that increased with speed.
  • Engine mounts?
The car is at the dealership getting diagnosed at the moment, but I definitely appreciate this!
Sponsored