Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Most dealers want use cars. Have a local dealer, or two, give you an offer, then just sell it locally so you have no issues. Provided you can get a ride somehow to the Acura dealer.

That's what I did, but I only needed a ride about 90 minutes away to get the ITS.
Sponsored

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
I’ve gone through the process of trading in a car without the dealer actually seeing it because the car was 4 hours away.

If the dealer is willing they will have you take a ton of pics and/or video, ask for your VIN, and the mileage.

I’ve done this twice with different dealers. Both times they were true to the agreed amount over the phone/via email/text. Just be 100% up front with the condition of your trade.

Good luck!
Sounds good. That's what I was hoping that a video walkaround and pictures would suffice. I haven't traded a car into a dealer since CarMax/Carvana came around, but does a valid offer from them provide any additional leverage for value?

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
Most dealers want use cars. Have a local dealer, or two, give you an offer, then just sell it locally so you have no issues. Provided you can get a ride somehow to the Acura dealer.

That's what I did, but I only needed a ride about 90 minutes away to get the ITS.
I would take the Carmax offer for my car locally, unfortunately the dealer is 6 hours away, and would be somewhat difficult to get to.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I would take the Carmax offer for my car locally, unfortunately the dealer is 6 hours away, and would be somewhat difficult to get to.

I even priced out a one way car rental when I was buying a car far away.

I was considering the CarMax thing too at one point. You could l trade it at a local CarMax and do a one way car rental. Usually unlimited miles on rentals. Get a small compact for $100 or less for one way for a day.

Can you tell I’ve been in the same delima as you at some point? lol.

kvky

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in PWP
I bought my car from a dealership that was about 2 hours away from me. They just asked for the VIN and some other information. I don't think they even asked for pictures or a video. They gave me an estimated trade in amount. I got an online Carmax offer for about $1K more and I sent that to them. Then, they met me in the middle and said that would be the minimum they would offer me with a potentially better offer once they saw it in person. No surprise, they didn't give me a better offer than their minimum but I was okay with their minimum offer since with the credit on sales tax between my trade in amount and the new purchase, it was basically a wash between what they offered me and what Carmax offered me. Plus, I didn't have to deal with figuring out a separate ride or a one-way car rental.

Basically, I would just recommend getting them to agree to some kind of "guaranteed" minimum and then make a decision from there.

Sponsored

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Fayetteville Acura in North Carolina. Sticker price above MSRP, but “discounts” brought the car down to MSRP.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
04 4Runner V8 Limited, 24 Integra Type S
Do NOT use Lindsay Acura (details why below) in Columbus, OH. Multiple other dealers in the Columbus area/midwest will sell at MSRP.

Acura of Columbus is MSRP but there is a wait list. I'm currently finalizing a deal with Don Ayers at MSRP/factory Acura lease rate (.00305 65% residual 36 months 7500 miles/year).

Not only was Lindsay trying to sell a 24 Type S with a $5k ADM, they packaged it with a $2200 ceramic coating package. I wouldn't take a ceramic coating from a dealership for free. I got them to move off the ADM but not the ceramic package. They were also bumping the lease money factor to .00395, refused to budge on that. We tried trading a 21 Mazda3 Carvana offered us $20400 for. They offered $17500 citing the vehicle needing 'excessive maintenance'. It has 26k miles on it, needs a windshield and an oil change.

Ultimately the sales manager was very condescending, lying about the money factor and trade, then acted like someone would come by tomorrow and pay their full ask. Do not use this dealership.

kvky

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in PWP
Do NOT use Lindsay Acura (details why below) in Columbus, OH. Multiple other dealers in the Columbus area/midwest will sell at MSRP.

Acura of Columbus is MSRP but there is a wait list. I'm currently finalizing a deal with Don Ayers at MSRP/factory Acura lease rate (.00305 65% residual 36 months 7500 miles/year).

Not only was Lindsay trying to sell a 24 Type S with a $5k ADM, they packaged it with a $2200 ceramic coating package. I wouldn't take a ceramic coating from a dealership for free. I got them to move off the ADM but not the ceramic package. They were also bumping the lease money factor to .00395, refused to budge on that. We tried trading a 21 Mazda3 Carvana offered us $20400 for. They offered $17500 citing the vehicle needing 'excessive maintenance'. It has 26k miles on it, needs a windshield and an oil change.

Ultimately the sales manager was very condescending, lying about the money factor and trade, then acted like someone would come by tomorrow and pay their full ask. Do not use this dealership.
They're still at $5k ADM?! Haha. I didn't get as far into a deal with them as you did but everything you're saying sounds on par with what I was feeling would have happened if I kept pursuing a car they had. Plenty of other dealers in the state and midwest to look at if you're willing to search and wait for the right car to come in.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I just got off the phone with Acura or Berlin, CT.
Originally, they were at 5k over, then they dropped the ADM, today I am told it is back, LOL.
So, to me, Acura of Berlin is off the list.
They got a red one in and took a deposit immediately with a 5k ADM, which surprises me, but oh well.

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
They're still at $5k ADM?! Haha. I didn't get as far into a deal with them as you did but everything you're saying sounds on par with what I was feeling would have happened if I kept pursuing a car they had. Plenty of other dealers in the state and midwest to look at if you're willing to search and wait for the right car to come in.
They dropped the $5k pretty quickly when I pressured them but wouldn't budge on the money factor, trade, or ceramic coating. They're clearly looking to hit dingers off people not paying attention. They currently have three, I'll be patiently watching to see how long they have them. Can't wait for the sales guy to call back so I can tell him I got the same car elsewhere for $4k (ish) less.

Sponsored

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Acura of Columbus is MSRP but there is a wait list.
Best dealer I've ever worked with. No games no bs. Flew from Houston and drove back. If you want to get ahead on the wait-list tell them you don't have a color preference. At least it worked for me since another guy, clearly unhappy, PM'd me on here telling me I got lucky. 😂

ND2SloActiv

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Car(s)
Following up on my experience with Don Ayers Acura in Ft Wayne IN.

Deal went through (lease) without a hitch at MSRP and the money factor/residual listed above. They run a solid operation that's transparent and very easy!

Ask for Nick Randazzo if you end up using them!

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
I've been patiently waiting for a Type S since July last year, and didn't mind the wait which helped me get my finances in order. I planned on jumping on the first color combo I liked sometime around spring or summer but was able to find this FL5 for 45.8k and had to do it. I still strongly prefer the looks and exhaust of the ITS, (I'll be a lil jealous if I see one on the road) but I am so impressed with how amazing this platform is and so excited to rack up a gazillion miles in it. I'll still be lurking on here seeing what cool stuff you guys are doing to your teggy's and if you see a dirty black FL5 with a crappy stick driver puttering around Central NC you'll know who it is.

20240210_133738.jpg

Last edited:

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Do my eyes (and memory) deceive me? I just noticed MSRP for 2024 increased by $1,000.

What are they putting that money towards?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Do my eyes (and memory) deceive me? I just noticed MSRP for 2024 increased by $1,000.

What are they putting that money towards?
Are you referring to the non-type S?
Sponsored