bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am (78 clone)
BTW The 2018-2022 Accord mirror may be "plug in play" but you still need to splice the yellow wire to red.
Sponsored

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 Mazda MX-5 RF GT
It is not plug and play. You need to split both mirrors apart to swap over the stalk from your integra to the Accord mirror then re-assemble. While you have it apart you can easily splice the yellow wire to the red, or if you wanted the mirror to be like factory you could run a wire to tap into the fuse box that gets constant power (yellow wire). I went the easy route and spliced and as others have said its better as your car needs to be on for the garage door opener to work. With patience and all the parts on a kitchen table the job can be done between 45 minutes and 4 hours, depending on your experience with these things. I took about 2 - 1/2 hours to do mine, the 2nd one I do i bet i can get it done in 46 minutes. Check out the "Retrofit Honda Civic Dimming Mirror w/ Homelink" thead, this link is where I left my comments and photos I took: https://www.integraforums.com/forum...ng-mirror-w-homelink.50656/page-2#post-850329 Accord 2023+ mirror is exactly the same style as our factory mirror plus the homelink buttons. part number 08V03-3A0-100
Thanks for all of the info, and info in that other thread. I just ordered one of these. This will make a fun project.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yesterday I installed the OEM rear cargo fishnet storage along the back panel. Installation was easy, the only part I did not enjoy was drilling holes into the panel. I ended up step drilling the holes to 3/8" diameter. The instructions called for 12mm (1/2") but I decided not to go that far. The Rivnuts that come with the kit are delicate, I started to strip the first one I installed with my rivnut tool. The kit explains using a smaller rivnut tool with a wrench which may not apply nearly as much force as my rivnut tool does. The 2nd rivnut I installed I only about 3/4 down (normally you compress all the ) with the rivnut tool and that seemed to do the job. The net is not as big as I first thought, it will not hold a gallon of milk but it will hold bottles of oil and detail spray.

Later today I plan to install the OEM mud guards. I ordered an Overland Designs Alcantara shift console bezel cover, black with red stitch also this weekend. The piano black bezel is driving me nuts. Not so much the black, but the fact that you can see the orange peel. It should have the grain plastic or be covered with leather in my opinion.

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've installed the mud guards, they look good. Not the most perfect fit it is Honda quality, just expecting something slightly better for Acura.

Last week I installed the Overland Designs covered shift bezel, looks way better than the piano black bezel. I shipped it Easter weekend, they got it covered and shipped back by that following Thursday. Insanely fast turn around, very pleased.

Installation is simple, removing the shift knob is the only somewhat difficult step but you should learn how to do this if you plan on doing any serious mods to your car. There is a wire clip underneath also, once you get that removed (you need pliers with a good 90 degree bend to release it), swapping over the switches and metal trim bezel is self explanatory.

PXL_20240404_233712146_md.jpg

I think the car is now at 100% my mind, as far as how the car should have come from the factory. Only thing I complain about is the 2 memory position seat option, that should have been included in this car for this price point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Installed Titanium Honda S2000 shift knob - WOW!!!

This is an easy swap. My first impression was this may be an over-rated mod. Shifting through the gears the first time with the car in the garage felt not very natural. Then I drove the car and the shifter felt great. Within a short drive I fell in love with this knob. It literally feels great, grip is amazing. I do not know the science behind the weight, but it definitely makes the engagement of the gears feel more obvious. I like it!

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got winter wheels and tires, I went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 all seasonal 18" tires on Drag DR-67 wheels. Definitely not as good of a tire/wheel package as factory, but it gives me m+s tires for the light snow and below freezing weather we get in central Ohio. I went with Gorilla lug nuts, factory and TPMS sensors. Tired came from Costco, they replaced the factory valve stem covers with their ugly green covers, otherwise they look pretty good.

1000008124.jpg

1000008123.jpg
Sponsored