Sponsored

Splash Guards

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
For the rear splash guards, I did not wind up using the spring clip that clips onto/pierces the wheel well liner. In the rear, I also found that for the screw that fastens underneath the bottom of the splash guard (ie. Pointing up to the sky), the provided screw does not match the existing thread/size. So I kept the existing screw despite it being a bit shorter and not having any type of washer (although one could add a washer to the install).
Are they still holding tight in the rear without the spring clips? I may skip that step too.
Sponsored

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Are they still holding tight in the rear without the spring clips? I may skip that step too.
no problems either. but i havent been driving mine very much (barely 900 miles in the 6 months of ownership)

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
just ordered mine. I'm probably going to skip the spring clamp. All still good for those that have also skipped that step?

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
I picked up a Lunar white 24 S new from S Florida dealer which had them already installed, they arent bad looking just a bit chunky looking.

Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I just installed the splash guards myself a few weeks ago too. You use a pushpin/thumbtack to pierce the top of the plastic pop rivet (one in each wheel well) that is already in place. One of the screws for each guard will screw into this hole. The other screws screw into the existing screw holes in the liner and use the provided screws in the kit, which are a bit longer.

For the rear splash guards, I did not wind up using the spring clip that clips onto/pierces the wheel well liner. In the rear, I also found that for the screw that fastens underneath the bottom of the splash guard (ie. Pointing up to the sky), the provided screw does not match the existing thread/size. So I kept the existing screw despite it being a bit shorter and not having any type of washer (although one could add a washer to the install).

Final tip, the rear installation was much more annoying due to the lack of clearance from the wheel/tire to allow tools to unscrew/screw the screws. The install instructions say to use a stubby screw driver, but my stubby still didn't provide the right access. I wound up using a philips bit that I then clamped to a vise and kind of wiggled my way with rotating the vise. It was a slow process, but if I had to do it again, I might have considered just removing the rear wheels to make the job easier.
Bringing up an old post but for the rear , if you are not using the metal clip things . Is there a hole present someplace that needs to be covered ?

Last edited:

chuckee98

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS
Just documenting my experience with the installation of the rear splash guards on a Type S: The installation instructions show 3 screws holding the splash guard to the body, one of which is using the spring clip. In reality, the rear splash guard for the Type S has 4 holes / screws, with one of them using the spring clip. IMO, the extra fourth screw and spring clip is redundant and unnecessary in this application, since the instructions (which I assume is for a non-Type S) shows only 3. In addition, the front splash guards also use only 3 screws. I did not use the fourth screw and spring clip in my installation. The unused hole in the splash guard is fine left unused / uncovered as the fender liner is untouched behind it.
Sponsored