Sponsored

Straightening out radiator/intercooler heatsink fins

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
As the car gets driven and rocks and whatnot hit the heatsink fins of the radiator and intercooler, how do you guys fix them? Is there some kind of comb-like tool for it? or do you just use needle nose pliers?

edit: does anyone know how many fins per inch our radiators have?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Just protect them so they don'T get damaged. Easier that way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
oh i see. that makes sense. i don't hate that, but if something small enough to get through the mesh hits your radiator, you now have to take off your bumper and stuff to fix it

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oh i see. that makes sense. i don't hate that, but if something small enough to get through the mesh hits your radiator, you now have to take off your bumper and stuff to fix it
Been doing so since I had my 2005 Accord. Then did it on my S2000. Then my 2014 Fit. Still have the Fit and S2000. Sold the Accord last May. Never had to remove the bumper again to fix something...

Worst case, remove the bumper. It's like 15 minutes.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Been doing so since I had my 2005 Accord. Then did it on my S2000. Then my 2014 Fit. Still have the Fit and S2000. Sold the Accord last May. Never had to remove the bumper again to fix something...

Worst case, remove the bumper. It's like 15 minutes.
hey is that the cold weather starter plug i see in that one picture? i opted for that when i put my order in, for whatever reason i didn't realize they were gonna install it, and i hate how it just dangles down in front of the intercooler. is that something you can take off from underneath the car? i can't see where it goes looking from under the hood

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hey is that the cold weather starter plug i see in that one picture? i opted for that when i put my order in, for whatever reason i didn't realize they were gonna install it, and i hate how it just dangles down in front of the intercooler. is that something you can take off from underneath the car? i can't see where it goes looking from under the hood
I have 2 plugs: one for the block heater, the other one for a battery charger.

Relocated them the best I could while the bumper was out. You should do the same. But could not find another location than in front in the bumper opening like seen on the pictures.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I have 2 plugs: one for the block heater, the other one for a battery charger.

Relocated them the best I could while the bumper was out. You should do the same. But could not find another location than in front in the bumper opening like seen on the pictures.
where is the block heater attached to the engine? i can't see it when i look down from under the hood. if it can be accessed from underneath i'm going to remove it when i get around to changing my oil

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
where is the block heater attached to the engine? i can't see it when i look down from under the hood. if it can be accessed from underneath i'm going to remove it when i get around to changing my oil
Don't know. Beware that there is normally a plug where the block heater is located, so your coolant will drain if you remove it (at least, it was like that on older cars I had).

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Don't know. Beware that there is normally a plug where the block heater is located, so your coolant will drain if you remove it (at least, it was like that on older cars I had).
yeah i have the plug, i just didn't know if i could swap it myself. i don't want to pay the dealership to do it. i ordered it with my car, i meant to tell them i just wanted it on the side to have, not installed.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
yeah i have the plug, i just didn't know if i could swap it myself. i don't want to pay the dealership to do it. i ordered it with my car, i meant to tell them i just wanted it on the side to have, not installed.
Why remove it? Hide the wire and call it a day! It'll be ready if you need it someday (or sell the car to someone who lives in a cold climate).

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Why remove it? Hide the wire and call it a day! It'll be ready if you need it someday (or sell the car to someone who lives in a cold climate).
eh.. it doesn't really get cold enough where i live to warrant it; i think the lowest temps we get are the low teens maybe during winter nights? i work from home so i dont get up at 4am anymore when its super cold out. i looked at trying to hide it but i didn't see anywhere to zip tie it beyond the vertical slats of the grill which is where its already zip tied.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
eh.. it doesn't really get cold enough where i live to warrant it; i think the lowest temps we get are the low teens maybe during winter nights? i work from home so i dont get up at 4am anymore when its super cold out. i looked at trying to hide it but i didn't see anywhere to zip tie it beyond the vertical slats of the grill which is where its already zip tied.
There is a place on the right side where you could pass it through and don't see it anymore. That is where I passed mine so it comes out. You would do reverse, pass it through so it would not go out anymore.
Sponsored