Sponsored

Swapping out Passenger Pad along dash/center console

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I have my red interior ITS on the way shortly (fingers crossed) and I wanted to subdue the red a bit. Looking at swapping out the large ITS specific pad that runs on the passenger side with black. (yes, feel free to message me if you want the red one, LOL). Has anyone removed theirs or having any tips on how to remove it? Hoping I can get to it with out pulling the center console. Will be swapping out the console cover as well. Sadly doors appear to be single pieces from Honda.

If anyone with black rear seats wants some red ones, I will gladly swap as well :)
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lol. Make that two of us.
I found this in the parts manual.. looks like two clips hold it on

Acura Integra Swapping out Passenger Pad along dash/center console Screenshot_20230621-173018

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oh or you can buy one 😢

Acura Integra Swapping out Passenger Pad along dash/center console Screenshot_20230621-173458

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wasn't sure what the self tapping screw was doing, worried I would have to access it. But looks to just be holding the clip bracket in place? Already ordered this and the console cover mostly to appease my better half :) I got it for $115 though, think the console armrest was $75.

Wish I could keep the door inserts but swap the arm rests but doesn't look possible.

pwpteggy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra a spec tech Platinum White
Question : so I have a 2023 Integra aspec tech , I want that red passenger pad along the center console/dash. Would you be willing to just do a straight up trade my black for your red?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As an update, tried 4 different online stores, all eventually canceled my order saying Acura has the parts on backorder with no timeline for production. Probably best, would prefer the black Type S arm rest with contrast stitching.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So to my surprise what arrived at my door today, but my black passenger pad! My orders were all cancelled, not sure how they got ahold of one. I just wanted to point out, while it appears it's only held on by 2 clips, that is very, very wrong... It's got a lot of clips.... Will have fun swapping them...

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Photos? Thinking a pry tool should work?

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, I think it should be ok, hoping most of the clips are removable with a little force once you get one edge off. Will see once I get the car.... Also if anyone is interested, I got a quote to reupholster the interior and it's way too expensive. Basically they were quoting around $300 per piece and they didn't think they could do the door panels, only the arm rests on them. So will see if I can get some Black Type-S door panels and center armrest at some point, as well as front headrests.

Acura Integra Swapping out Passenger Pad along dash/center console 1688094445376

Montgomery

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black A-Spec 6MT
Did you ever go through with this? Oddly enough, the ITS I'm looking at has red interior but had the black dash pad installed. So I'm thinking about swapping it out for a red one after I buy it.
Sponsored