Sponsored

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Everyone keep in mind that any wheel with a lower offset from the factory +60mm will alter the factory scrub radius which in turn will affect the vehicles characteristics; most notably the torque steer. What I have essentially done is move the scrub radius more positive by 15mm. In a FWD platform vehicle, it is always beneficial to have a negative scrub radius to keep torque steer in check.

I chose to run these wheels solely for aesthetic purpose, as the vehicle will never see a track and is primarily a street car.

The general rule of thumb is that you do not want to deviate from the factory scrub radius by too much to retain the factory feel. 15mm may not seem like much, but make no mistake it will definitely feel different from stock.

I have gotten on it in 1st and 2nd on this wheel and tire setup and can attest that the torque steer is indeed slightly more exacerbated when compared to the factory wheels.

However, In terms of handling, it does feel more planted with the wider track width.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
nope the Type-S caps did not fit (too small). I will post the part #’s for the center caps that fit these wheels. They are off of my 2013 MDX 😂

thank you!
Point the A mark at the locking lug nut for xtra streez 🤙 car is looking dope man! Super clean build so far

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Everyone keep in mind that any wheel with a lower offset from the factory +60mm will alter the factory scrub radius which in turn will affect the vehicles characteristics; most notably the torque steer. What I have essentially done is move the scrub radius more positive by 15mm. In a FWD platform vehicle, it is always beneficial to have a negative scrub radius to keep torque steer in check.

I chose to run these wheels solely for aesthetic purpose, as the vehicle will never see a track and is primarily a street car.

The general rule of thumb is that you do not want to deviate from the factory scrub radius by too much to retain the factory feel. 15mm may not seem like much, but make no mistake it will definitely feel different from stock.

I have gotten on it in 1st and 2nd on this wheel and tire setup and can attest that the torque steer is indeed slightly more exacerbated when compared to the factory wheels.

However, In terms of handling, it does feel more planted with the wider track width.
this is correct. Should be pointed out as many people might not be aware because many CTR owners have done it. the scrub radius should be which is in the center of the contact patch to minimize torque steer. Using a lower offset wheel over the 19”x9.5” +60mm the center of the contact patch moves outwards.

The most I would ever deviate is +45mm but it will still be noticeably there on corners bumps and even a little on straight line. This becomes Even more important if people are considering mods increasing torque power substantially.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
They guys from AHC Garage got a DE5 project car they've been working on. I found it more than a little interesting that their first video went over Spoon springs install with 18" TE37s- and then their second video they immediately went to Vossen 19"!!!

I actually liked the way the TE37s looked on this car but did think they were too small. I think the finish on the TE37s they picked was fantastic and it helped the overall look on the Apex Blue but... I couldn't quite get over the size. And yes, the TE37 is "classic", "timeless", whatever- it's also everywhere. I wouldn't get the TE37 just for that simple fact.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Any deals on these?
They are having a Labor Day weekend special but not sure which items. You can also ask for Mike Thompson via a email or phone & they will offer a 10% discount after sharing quality photos of the install.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
nope the Type-S caps did not fit (too small). I will post the part #’s for the center caps that fit these wheels. They are off of my 2013 MDX 😂

thank you!
Thanks for this! I was wanting to use the oem center caps as well after sending Apex photos. Sort of a bummer, but oh well.

Think I'm going to pick up a second set in 19's but not sure which wheel yet. I'd even like the oem with a hub centric spacer, but not sure I can trust those in the corners when it's pushed. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I will be tracking also & didn't research enough about scrub radius. 🤔

Your car looks amazing!

Last edited:

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
They guys from AHC Garage got a DE5 project car they've been working on. I found it more than a little interesting that their first video went over Spoon springs install with 18" TE37s- and then their second video they immediately went to Vossen 19"!!!

I actually liked the way the TE37s looked on this car but did think they were too small. I think the finish on the TE37s they picked was fantastic and it helped the overall look on the Apex Blue but... I couldn't quite get over the size. And yes, the TE37 is "classic", "timeless", whatever- it's also everywhere. I wouldn't get the TE37 just for that simple fact.
This seriously makes me want to get the Vossens 😍

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Here’s a better picture I took that shows how well the wheels fill out the arches.

DBDADE9C-AAB7-4D41-B257-AE93945DCFB3.jpeg
NO question it looks fantastic. Perfect to my eyes.

You've probably already addressed this but no scraping/rubbing/etc with these wheels? Any issues with ground clearance? And how would you rate the difference in steering/torque steer vs OEM?

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
You've probably already addressed this but no scraping/rubbing/etc with these wheels? Any issues with ground clearance? And how would you rate the difference in steering/torque steer vs OEM?
I haven’t experienced scraping or rubbing from the wheels on any portion of the body or fender liners in any steering & suspension articulation and position. There’s surprisingly a lot of room under our fenders. I could see being able to fit a 9.5+35 or even a 10+40 with ease.

Since I installed the spoon springs, the only part of the car that scrapes is the lower apron that runs across the lower front bumper area. It’s unseen and only scrapes on inclines.

extra slim

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 STi | 22 MDX-S | 24 ITS (soon)
11/10! I thought the ITS stock looks really slick already, but the wheels and drop really elevate it to the next level 👍

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
The torque steer and driving dynamics from going to 18”’s is a concern though.
Can you explain how going to 18s would affect torque steer? I can see how changing offsets would, but why would changing wheel diameter affect torque steer?

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Can you explain how going to 18s would affect torque steer? I can see how changing offsets would, but why would changing wheel diameter affect torque steer?
18” wheels doesn’t necessarily change anything on its own. Wheels and tire that form larger diameter tires would push scrub radius outwards. While smaller diameter could move it inwards. On the diagram the wheel center line intersects scrub radius. A right angle should be formed between centerline and the ground. Typically as tire height increases scrub radius is further from the centerline.

When you’re going from 19” to 18” ideally it’s best to not change overall wheel+tire diameter at all as this does affect scrub radius and speedometer reading, it would be off.
Sponsored