Sponsored

Text Message Notifications

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
Hey All,

The HUD on my son's Integra started glitching, with the ones digit of the speed pixilated and disappearing. During the repair, the car's infotainment must have been reset or battery disconnected. Odd things ensued, like the average mpg for trip B which had never been reset showing all of his miles but taking on the data of the current tank. No big deal.

However, incoming text messages are no longer showing on the screen as they arrive. We will hear the ping from a phone, and if we go into the CarPlay text message screen they are there, but no notification on the screen. I have played with various options (some read any incoming message, others silence the ping), but I can't get back to the preferred and original setting when the sound and visual effect of an incoming message is displayed on the center screen.

Has anyone encountered this issue, or does anyone have the preferred setting and can share what options in the settings are selected?

Really hoping to fix on my own, as this issue has already required three trips to the dealer which is 40 minutes one way.

TIA
Sponsored

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This sounds like an issue with CarPlay and nothing to do with the car. My hunch is that the phone is automatically turning on Do Not Disturb/Driving focus when you connect to CarPlay. An easy way to tell is to check for a little car or moon icon on the driver's side of the CarPlay screen (by the clock, home button, and 3 app icons).

I believe there's a setting within CarPlay where you can toggle that feature. There's also a setting on the phone itself: go to Settings > Focus > Driving, and towards the bottom there's an option for "Turn on automatically > While Driving". Check if that's enabled and play around with that if needed.

Edit: Another place to check in your phone is Settings > Notifications > Messages. There's a toggle for "Show in CarPlay" that you want enabled.
Sponsored