Sponsored

Those of us in Type S dealer limbo, what are you doing in the meantime?

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
Who was the dealer? Oh that note...pass on the Minivan you'll thank me later
Acura Pleasanton in the Bay Area.

haha we currently have a bmw x7 lease that’s up April 2024. We have two young kids and also grandparents so I think the minivan will fit the bill just fine. That will let me get a dedicated sports car on the side vs convincing the wife that the ctr/its is practical.
Sponsored

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
Acura Pleasanton in the Bay Area.

haha we currently have a bmw x7 lease that’s up April 2024. We have two young kids and also grandparents so I think the minivan will fit the bill just fine. That will let me get a dedicated sports car on the side vs convincing the wife that the ctr/its is practical.
I think we have the same sales person (does her name start with an "A"). It's pretty troubling to know if this dealer is in fact pulling any funny stuff, its one thing to be put on a list that has no deposit, but like you they have a $1000 and was a bit wishy washy with me as well. On the flip side, i've had a no deposit MSRP dealer for Toyota GR86 since before it was launched, to this day im still on the "waitlist" and that the price of MSRP with no down. I've already moved past wanting that car.

Last edited:

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
I think we have the same sales person (does her name start with an "A"). It's pretty troubling to know if this dealer is in fact pulling any funny stuff, its one thing to be put on a list that has no deposit, but like you they have a $1000 and was a bit wishy washy with me as well. On the flip side, i've had a no deposit MSRP dealer for Toyota GR86 since before it was launched, to this day im still on the "waitlist" and that the price of MSRP with no down. I've already moved past wanting that car. As for the minivan, I totally get it, my brother experienced the opposite and had a Sienna and moved to and X7 ironically, now all he complains about is the cost of tires and bad mpg, but at least its way more comfortable (not practical)
Yes her name does start with an A.
she is very nice but I think it might be a language thing… her text replies seems like she’s annoyed at questions.
Did you put a deposit down? If so, when was it and what place in line do you think you are?

The exact date I did my depot was march 23.

we love the x7 for everything it is. Main problem with it is 2nd row width. The kids insist my wife sit with them. She’s a small 115 lb female but sitting in between two cars seats for a 5 hr drive to LA makes her envious of the minivan or a full size suv.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
Yea, she's not mean, but the email conversations do lack some politeness thats seems to be a language lost in translation combo. I was told i was 22/23 give or take on the list. I only put my deposit on 6/26, that was mainly due to her taking a week to get back to me. They were never mean but definitely stressed the point I could be 2 (2025) years out to manage my expectations. I know that makes at least 3 people here with deposits with Pleasanton on this forum.

if your heart is set on a ITS just wait for it, no need to be too practical. Even though it would me move up if you bailed :D

Last edited:

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Some of us aren't even allocations, we are the "first 200" that still have no confirmation of production, let alone delivery....
I think the first 200 should have been given tracking numbers and a website to check status...it is 2023.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I think now being in this limbo has killed some of the hype for me. I put a deposit down in march at the one Acura in the Bay Area that isn’t doing a markup (1k in add on). When I made that deposit, they told me I’m one of the first to do so.

Fast forward to the test drive a few weeks back and I was told I’m 3rd in line by my sales person. She is nice but doesn’t give me many updates. So I called today and spoke to the sales manager who I have met before. He told me they just got two and those are accounted for and that I am 4th on the list of buyers that do t have a car assigned. In my head I was like that would technically make me 6th in line from the get go. Kinda frustrating to say the least.

Might be a knee jerk reaction but now I think I should just lease an M2 instead and buy a minivan for family.
Why the hell would you get an M2?

So many better options than "settling" for a more expensive car. Get a used F87 if you have to go BMW and can deal with 2 doors. Pay a markup on a Type R, there are actually tons of them out there right now and probably could be had for ~$50k if you try hard enough. Get a BRZ, Supra, Z, etc. etc.

Waaay too many options, and I feel like the M2 hasn't really been received very well by the general public or really even enthusiasts, and they will depreciate heavily. Not sure how that factors into leasing... I never liked leasing because you're more or less locked in until your term is up but from a financial perspective, it seems like you're throwing money away unless you would rather have the M2. If you just really like the M2 then all bets are off, get what you want... but I would not touch that car as a "consolation prize".... especially if you apparently also have to buy a minivan for the extra room?

Unless you're just made of money this seems like a terrible idea.

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
Why the hell would you get an M2?

So many better options than "settling" for a more expensive car. Get a used F87 if you have to go BMW and can deal with 2 doors. Pay a markup on a Type R, there are actually tons of them out there right now and probably could be had for ~$50k if you try hard enough. Get a BRZ, Supra, Z, etc. etc.

Waaay too many options, and I feel like the M2 hasn't really been received very well by the general public or really even enthusiasts, and they will depreciate heavily. Not sure how that factors into leasing... I never liked leasing because you're more or less locked in until your term is up but from a financial perspective, it seems like you're throwing money away unless you would rather have the M2. If you just really like the M2 then all bets are off, get what you want... but I would not touch that car as a "consolation prize".... especially if you apparently also have to buy a minivan for the extra room?

Unless you're just made of money this seems like a terrible idea.
While I usual would agree with you about leasing and being a waste of money, under certain situations it can be used to reduce your taxes. So in that sense you are spending money to save money. At lease that’s what my cpa is trying to have us do. It’s a hard mindset for my wife and I to grasp too but we saw the numbers and it makes sense.

minivan was already in the plans toreplace our x7 lease. So it really comes down to two options. Plus is all comes down to your personal finance situation. I’m going to email my cpa to ask him what makes more sense.

1) buy a sports car (integra) and lease a family car (Van or suv)
2) buy the family car and lease a sports car.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Yeah I disagree about leases always being a bad idea. Also about it being a guaranteed lock-in. I've terminated every single lease I've ever had early. Granted, it was to get a new car, and the salesperson was more than happy to not only forgive the extra mileage + termination fees, but also get us some equity. This of course is hinged on getting a new car from the same dealership (or dealership network, as may be the case).

I've used a couple leases now towards business taxes, always recommended by the accountants for our case.

Back to the M2 though, I was cautioned off the M2 by my BMW sales guy, didn't think it was worth it.

Heyou87

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr corolla
Yeah I disagree about leases always being a bad idea. Also about it being a guaranteed lock-in. I've terminated every single lease I've ever had early. Granted, it was to get a new car, and the salesperson was more than happy to not only forgive the extra mileage + termination fees, but also get us some equity. This of course is hinged on getting a new car from the same dealership (or dealership network, as may be the case).

I've used a couple leases now towards business taxes, always recommended by the accountants for our case.

Back to the M2 though, I was cautioned off the M2 by my BMW sales guy, didn't think it was worth it.
Haha sorry to spark the whole M2 debate. It was really just a knee jerk reaction to think of a different car.

Skyways

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
iTS
Still waiting on my preorder TEP, supposed to be in production this week but read online no production 13/14 for unknown reasons. Like is it really so hard to get some actual updates from the people making the car? Idc that it gets delayed, I just want to have a solid idea when I should have my car and if there are delays what the new expected ETA is.

Sponsored

Thomdabon

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec, WAITING: TEP 2024 TYPE-S
Still waiting on my preorder TEP, supposed to be in production this week but read online no production 13/14 for unknown reasons. Like is it really so hard to get some actual updates from the people making the car? Idc that it gets delayed, I just want to have a solid idea when I should have my car and if there are delays what the new expected ETA is.
Did you get one of the first 200? Or an allocated unit

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
So
That's my biggest issue with this whole process! The lack of info, and I'm not even in the first 200.