Type S Winter Wheels / Fitment Specs

BatesMotelXIV

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si
I asked Apex: I saw in this video that EC-7 18x9.5" ET58 fits over the Brembo front brake caliper on the FL5 CTR with a small amount of clearance. Will the ARC-8 18x9.5" ET58 also fit?

Per Matt Thompson (APEX Race Parts Support) <[email protected]> :

ARC-8 18x9.5" ET58 will not fit without at least a 10mm spacer effectively making the wheel an ET48 offset.

So I'd recommend that you confirm with Apex before purchasing
Hey, props to you for asking them. I will definitely keep that in mind.
Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Fwiw, I just wasted $$ at Discount Tire trying to get the DWS06+ to work with the OEM Type S wheel. Couldn’t get them to balance, and gave the car steering column vibrations. Discount will be putting me back in the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s’s. I’m going to rock the summers until Michelin offers the 4SAS in our oem tire size. The rubber for the continentals are too inconsistent/out of round to recommend for me personally.
Doesn’t the DWS06+ come in 265/30ZR19? Why didn’t you’re balance? Unless you had 275 width

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Doesn’t the DWS06+ come in 265/30ZR19? Why didn’t you’re balance? Unless you had 275 width
Lots of issues it seems with those tires. Flat spots developing in just a day of sitting and so forth. Seems hit or miss on quality.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Lots of issues it seems with those tires. Flat spots developing in just a day of sitting and so forth. Seems hit or miss on quality.
Well, I’m stuck with both the 19” copper wheels and “19 shark gray wheels. Since that’s the most they would do selling for MSRP. I can’t find a compatible winter tire for the oem wheels for Colorado winters. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well, I’m stuck with both the 19” copper wheels and “19 shark gray wheels. Since that’s the most they would do selling for MSRP. I can’t find a compatible winter tire for the oem wheels for Colorado winters. Any suggestions?
Same boat here. Still considered DSW06 in 275/30 for increased load capacity
Another option is Michelin A/S 3+
If it's winter only and you don't care about a larger tire. Moving up the the 265/35/19 opens up more possibility. Also give you a little more ground clearance.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Same boat here. Still considered DSW06 in 275/30 for increased load capacity
Another option is Michelin A/S 3+
If it's winter only and you don't care about a larger tire. Moving up the the 265/35/19 opens up more possibility. Also give you a little more ground clearance.
I’d gladly take any winter 265/35/19 tires if it does not rub against the car or fenders.

now would there be any safety issues running 275 or 255? Everyone suggested running 18’s but I don’t want to spend on third set of wheels while the OEM ones sit there when they look great. But I want proper winter tires on 19’s for snow grip and stopping. I’m not a fast driver anyway.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’d gladly take any winter 265/35/19 tires if it does not rub against the car or fenders.

now would there be any safety issues running 275 or 255? Everyone suggested running 18’s but I don’t want to spend on third set of wheels while the OEM ones sit there when they look great. But I want proper winter tires on 19’s for snow grip and stopping. I’m not a fast driver anyway.
I have been using this site as guidance. https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Integra Type-S, Motocompacto

I just picked mine up, and I also have both the coppers (now with the stock tires) and the dark grays. I asked the dealer to mount Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, size 255/35-19, which they did for about $1100. I have not had them on the car and won't until November, but I will say they do not provide much protection for the rims at that width.

I'm hoping for the best. In Northern VA we don't get a lot of snow, so I'm hoping A/S will suffice.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I just picked mine up, and I also have both the coppers (now with the stock tires) and the dark grays. I asked the dealer to mount Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, size 255/35-19, which they did for about $1100. I have not had them on the car and won't until November, but I will say they do not provide much protection for the rims at that width.

I'm hoping for the best. In Northern VA we don't get a lot of snow, so I'm hoping A/S will suffice.
Looks like 255 is the narrowest tire width we can use with the stock rim 9.5” width. I’m surprised you didn’t have them install them so you can check the clearance height and see if there’s any rubbing issues. A/S should do quite alright for Virginia. You really only need winter tires for states with deep snow and some ice.

we won’t get much rim protection for 19” wheels anyway, but we’re trying to get our money worth by utilizing an extra set of OEM wheels. On the other hand you could always keep them for summer should any of your original set gets damaged. That would mean spending for a dedicated set of new winter wheels/tires

Last edited:

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Integra Type-S, Motocompacto
Looks like 255 is the narrowest tire width we can use with the stock rim 9.5” width. I’m surprised you didn’t have them install them so you can check the clearance height and see if there’s any rubbing issues. A/S should do quite alright for Virginia. You really only need winter tires for states with deep snow and some ice.

we won’t get much rim protection for 19” wheels anyway, but we’re trying to get our money worth by utilizing an extra set of OEM wheels. On the other hand you could always keep them for summer should any of your original set gets damaged. That would mean spending for a dedicated set of new winter wheels/tires
I should clarify that the lack of protection I was describing is lateral - the tire barely covers the rim, and one has to be careful stacking them and with curbs. But I wanted the Michelins and I wanted to go as narrow as possible with that rim. I really didn't want to buy a third set of wheels.

The sidewalls are a little taller than stock, rolling diameter is only 3% higher than stock, I'm sure there won't be any clearance issues.

They'll also make a fine backup set in case of emergency, but the coppers look really good with PRP.

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
I am not a tire expert and am trying to understand this thread. I live on Long Island and want to swap out the OEM tires with all seasons on the factory rim.
1. Saw I can get the DWS06 with the same dimensions as the factory tires
2. Tire rack says I can also go with 245/40-18 which has a better selection of all seasons

Any advice or drawbacks not keeping the OEM dimensions? I have always had Michelin's on my car and would like to find an all season tire they sell that fits. We have lots of pot holes here in the spring.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I should clarify that the lack of protection I was describing is lateral - the tire barely covers the rim, and one has to be careful stacking them and with curbs. But I wanted the Michelins and I wanted to go as narrow as possible with that rim. I really didn't want to buy a third set of wheels.

The sidewalls are a little taller than stock, rolling diameter is only 3% higher than stock, I'm sure there won't be any clearance issues.

They'll also make a fine backup set in case of emergency, but the coppers look really good with PRP.
You can go 275/30/19 in Michelin
I am not a tire expert and am trying to understand this thread. I live on Long Island and want to swap out the OEM tires with all seasons on the factory rim.
1. Saw I can get the DWS06 with the same dimensions as the factory tires
2. Tire rack says I can also go with 245/40-18 which has a better selection of all seasons

Any advice or drawbacks not keeping the OEM dimensions? I have always had Michelin's on my car and would like to find an all season tire they sell that fits. We have lots of pot holes here in the spring.
Go 18s if you want a better selection and more sidewall. 265/35/18 keeps the factory wheel dimensions.

Brian G

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RLX
Any chance Michelin will come out with an all season that fits the original tire specs? Seems strange I have to go to a DWS06
Sponsored