Sponsored

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FL5 Type R, S2000, Ram TRX
for me this is a huge benefit of the Cobb AP. loved doing this on my previous cars.
What is the huge benefit? Having the display?
Both tuning solutions have displays and you can see parameters. I just use mine from the phone via bluetooth and no wires and a lot more real estate on the screen.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
Both tuning solutions have displays and you can see parameters. I just use mine from the phone via bluetooth and no wires and a lot more real estate on the screen.
i didn't realize hondata could just display through a phone, that's nice. althought i do like the Ktuner V2 display, but i know that isn't compatible with the DE5.

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i didn't realize hondata could just display through a phone, that's nice. althought i do like the Ktuner V2 display, but i know that isn't compatible with the DE5.
Yeah you can have the display with the app, monitor parameters, clear engine codes, etc. Everything through bluetooth so no cables to get in the way or to route.

The K tuner is nice for sure but they will not be supporting the Type R or the Type S as far as I know.

Here are some screenshots of the Hondata app, it works well. Still has room for improvements though. I just use a magnetic mount for the phone and I’m good to go.

It can even record video with the overlays of parameters.

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
The Hondata phone app is a separate purchase but well worth the 10 bucks. It also has a cool dashcam mode to video with realtime gauges overlaying. I covered some of the functions in my Hondata jailbreak vid. Below

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Yeah you can have the display with the app, monitor parameters, clear engine codes, etc. Everything through bluetooth so no cables to get in the way or to route.

The K tuner is nice for sure but they will not be supporting the Type R or the Type S as far as I know.

Here are some screenshots of the Hondata app, it works well. Still has room for improvements though. I just use a magnetic mount for the phone and I’m good to go.

It can even record video with the overlays of paramete
lol, guess you posted that response while I was typing… 👍

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Depending on who you talk to, the lack of phone app can be a huge positive. I trust a dedicated device that serves a specific function over my phone any day. I've had bad luck with phone connections to serial devices like obd2 readers and with every generation of phones there's increasing difficulty interfacing with the more retro devices. Who knows if the next phone update will break the app permanently or not?

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Depending on who you talk to, the lack of phone app can be a huge positive. I trust a dedicated device that serves a specific function over my phone any day. I've had bad luck with phone connections to serial devices like obd2 readers and with every generation of phones there's increasing difficulty interfacing with the more retro devices. Who knows if the next phone update will break the app permanently or not?
Agree, different options for different people. Either way my dedicated device is the laptop, no app or handheld will show you the data broken down so neither really do anything aside from showing you numbers. Plus I commend anybody that looks at the display while doing a pull safely.

So all displays on both tuners are just there to look nice.

JesterTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
hondata is nice, Cobb is nice., they're all nice. Let's not start another "dick-measuring" contest...we had enough of that from the S2000 community
Oh nobody is starting anything, just stating that both offer the option. You go with what works for you.

I just like for people to have all the info so they can make their own choice.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Agree, different options for different people. Either way my dedicated device is the laptop, no app or handheld will show you the data broken down so neither really do anything aside from showing you numbers. Plus I commend anybody that looks at the display while doing a pull safely.

So all displays on both tuners are just there to look nice.
Agreed, I'm always interested in the data that can be retrieved after the fact.

I've had to collect data on track before, and often times with a laptop I'm required to have a passenger to hang onto the thing and click buttons at the right time. It's been pretty annoying, especially when I've had no passenger seat and had to install one just to get metrics.

In the "way back when" I had an open source tuner with an SD card on my subaru that could collect most data for me without the laptop and then review later. That was handy, but annoying to have to move the files to the laptop first each time.
Sponsored