Sponsored

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the Type S will or will not be built at the PMC?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'm honestly just getting up to speed on what the PMC even is. I wasn't aware that it was effectively not going to be used when the NSX production stopped- and there appears to have been some early speculation that production would shift to the Integra Type S.

But I can't seem to find anywhere that being validated.

I know press release is coming up, if I'm not mistaken journalists are out in California right now getting started, so review embargos are going to lift and we'll likely get a flood of information. But now that I have an actual deposit on one of these, some of the fit and finish questions from other threads are really the only thing I'm second-guessing vs the Type R being built in Japan... and I'd imagine they'd all but disappear if the cars are being built at a specialized plant.

Google has revealed virtually nothing, so figured the topic is worth its own thread.
Sponsored

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
No - in the future there could be a PMC edition, it'll probably be around 10k extra if so. Type s is built at the normal Marysville factory.

UCTeeth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Waiting on the Integra Type S
I'm honestly just getting up to speed on what the PMC even is. I wasn't aware that it was effectively not going to be used when the NSX production stopped- and there appears to have been some early speculation that production would shift to the Integra Type S.

But I can't seem to find anywhere that being validated.

I know press release is coming up, if I'm not mistaken journalists are out in California right now getting started, so review embargos are going to lift and we'll likely get a flood of information. But now that I have an actual deposit on one of these, some of the fit and finish questions from other threads are really the only thing I'm second-guessing vs the Type R being built in Japan... and I'd imagine they'd all but disappear if the cars are being built at a specialized plant.

Google has revealed virtually nothing, so figured the topic is worth its own thread.
There are fit and finish issues with Honda CTR as well. Some people have mentioned it in car review videos (check out savagegeese's video on him taking delivery of his FL5)

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
No - in the future there could be a PMC edition, it'll probably be around 10k extra if so. Type s is built at the normal Marysville factory.
For those of us who have no clue, what is PMC?

Sponsored

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
For those of us who have no clue, what is PMC?
https://www.acura.com/pmc-edition

The Performance Manufacturing Center is where they hand build the cars to amazing levels of precision and quality. They also charge a premium and there are limited numbers of units produced by the PMC of the existing Acura permormance models.

Screenshot_20230603_201038_Chrome.jpg

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Also where the NSX was built

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
https://www.acura.com/pmc-edition

The Performance Manufacturing Center is where they hand build the cars to amazing levels of precision and quality. They also charge a premium and there are limited numbers of units produced by the PMC of the existing Acura permormance models.

Screenshot_20230603_201038_Chrome.jpg
Awesome!
Ill have to look at this closer to find out more.
I know I've always heard made in Japan is better than made in Canada or the USA even for the same models, but never heard of the PCM.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I have a 2021 RDX PMC (thermal orange pearl just like my avatar) and the car has been issue-free. Love it.
Sounds amazing, any pics? may I ask what was the price difference from a regular RDX compared to the PCM version?

Sponsored

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
The MSRP was $52k on this. Not sure what the "regular" RDX cost.

easter rdx 2.jpeg

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Agree on the color, someone near me has one of these and it definitely looks special in a sea of other RDXs that you don't really notice

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
The color is freaking awesome!

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)