Sponsored

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
The G87 is hard to find? Interesting. Maybe call around, I was told by my local dealer a few weeks ago when I was still interested in the G87 that he didn't think inventory would be a problem, and it wouldn't be hard to find one at MSRP.

It's interesting to me that cars are apparently "available" but preorders haven't been delivered yet. I think these dealers might be yanking your chain. Many dealers will "advertise" cars that they do not have in inventory. That's probably what's happening here.

Supply will be tight and unscrupulous dealers will demand a markup at least until there are readily available cars sitting on lots, that's just the world we live in now. They will be sitting on lots eventually, and I think a lot of these dealers who are "demanding" markups will end up folding in the end.
Every dealer in Chicagoland has told me they’re 15-20 deep on the wait list and they’re getting 1 allocation a month on avg. Hard to believe there’s that there’s that much interest there in my opinion but whatever. I’m on a few lists but won’t put down a deposit as I don’t need 1k at each dealer floating around right now. Most are selling at roughly msrp though. Most dealers near me have wait lists even for the m3 still. M4s are much more available.

One dealer sent me pictures of the available unit and I saw the demo in the background as well, not sure about the other one but it looked legit. I’m guessing they were pre delivery orders that fell through? Not sure. I know they’re making these in batches so maybe a few dealers got an extra White/red car in addition to the demo or pre order or something.

I’m happy with my f87 right now so I’m not going to play games and go the ADM route. Regular integras were marked up when they first came out and I’m guessing these will come back down to earth eventually.
Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Every dealer in Chicagoland has told me they’re 15-20 deep on the wait list and they’re getting 1 allocation a month on avg. Hard to believe there’s that there’s that much interest there in my opinion but whatever. I’m on a few lists but won’t put down a deposit as I don’t need 1k at each dealer floating around right now. Most are selling at roughly msrp though. Most dealers near me have wait lists even for the m3 still. M4s are much more available.

One dealer sent me pictures of the available unit and I saw the demo in the background as well, not sure about the other one but it looked legit. I’m guessing they were pre delivery orders that fell through? Not sure. I know they’re making these in batches so maybe a few dealers got an extra White/red car in addition to the demo or pre order or something.

I’m happy with my f87 right now so I’m not going to play games and go the ADM route. Regular integras were marked up when they first came out and I’m guessing these will come back down to earth eventually.
That very well might be it with the preorder backouts, I know they're out there. I know dealers like to play games too though so just be on the lookout...

Wait lists for the G87 have me feeling more like they didn't build enough, especially if they're being sold at MSRP. Makes sense, if I recall correctly the release was delayed due to production issues. Just a lukewarm reception for that car, I can't imagine people falling over themselves to buy them.

You're absolutely spot on about the base integra being marked up, and the dealer I test drove the demo at said just as much. Dealers just don't want to leave money on the table, and right when a new car is released is an opportunity to benefit off people's excitement. If they don't ask a markup, they won't get one... it might be worth pressing them harder, maybe offering to exchange an ADM for accessories or add-ons to at least get something of value. End of the day they do want to sell cars.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
McGrath downtown Chicago has a black non demo available. They told me they’re charging a markup but not sure how much.

tentatively pulling back my search as I wait for ADMs to settle down and inventory trickle in.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
McGrath downtown Chicago has a black non demo available. They told me they’re charging a markup but not sure how much.

tentatively pulling back my search as I wait for ADMs to settle down and inventory trickle in.
I think this might be the one from the Facebook group. There was some chatter on here about it, I thought the guy was from Chicago... anyway, he preordered, then backed out of the car earlier this week and gave this list of trivial defects as a reason. Also important to note, he had also made a whole thread prior to even looking at the car where he clearly stated he was already concerned about buyer's remorse, so take this with a grain of salt.

In any case, my guess is it will be extremely difficult to find one within the next couple weeks without a markup.

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
CA: Los Gatos Acura: $15k markup on demo vehicle
CA: Concord, $15K markup on demo, potentially more with installed accesories.

NE: Acura of Omaha: MSRP + $1200 accessories+ $1500 windshield and wheel protection package.
just talked to my rep, it appears someone paid for the concord car w/ ADM and accessories. Went and talked with her about what I wanted etc.

Sponsored

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Cali plays by different rules.
That's why I went out of state last winter to buy our family car, a hybrid KIA Sorento that Bay Area dealers wanted $8K markup. An MSRP dealer in Colorado was so used to selling cars to Californians...

I tied that purchase to a family ski trip. But looking at the Integra, I may just have it shipped which adds to the overall cost. But I'm not getting much luck with dealers out of state for MSRP either

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I spoke with someone from Acura of Oakland (California)--$10K markup on the Type S. Their demo car is for viewing only unless buying. Sales guy justified the markup as the car was "rare." I countered that about 3000 of these cars will be made per year to which he said there are 2000 Acura dealerships. What B$. (From what I have been able to find online, there are about 250-300 Acura dealerships in the United States)

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
Made an account here to laugh at Findlay Acura in Las Vegas...same schtick, "limited production versus demand, etc."

Think I will wait to see what numbers are like at the end of the year.

355248108_10230205891074283_8610954099704317012_n.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Made an account here to laugh at Findlay Acura in Las Vegas...same schtick, "limited production versus demand, etc."

Think I will wait to see what numbers are like at the end of the year.

355248108_10230205891074283_8610954099704317012_n.jpg
Lol below Market value adjustment.
Hey at least nitrogen is free

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
Lol below Market value adjustment.
Hey at least nitrogen is free
No shit lol, pricing all of us non-ballers out of the game, the salesman even had the gall to tell me this markup is less than the other Acura dealership in town to try to use it as a selling point.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No shit lol, pricing all of us non-ballers out of the game, the salesman even had the gall to tell me this markup is less than the other Acura dealership in town to try to use it as a selling point.
Unfortunately he's not wrong. Somebody posted on here a couple days ago somewhere else in Vegas asking $15k over.

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
Here's my contribution:
1. Neil Huffman of Oxmoor (kentucky)
CONFIRMED MSRP $500 DEPOSIT
6 of 6 allocations filled (supposedly I secured the final spot today)

2. Johnston Acura (Iowa)
10k ADM