Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
These are dealer installed options.. no options available from factory other than color.
It's all the same to me. In my ninja edit I acknowledged that some dealers will try to rip you off by charging more for the parts and installation, which sucks... but you're still at least getting something for the extra money you spend.

It's a way for dealers to prioritize certain customers over others. It's a little slimy but end of the day they're running a business and I understand why they wouldn't want to leave money on the table.

The ADM is just the worst, I'll never pay it out of principal. But I'll pay for accessories.
Sponsored

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
The ADM is just the worst, I'll never pay it out of principal. But I'll pay for accessories.
I'll only pay for accessories of my choosing....and I won't buy any of the factory accessories aside from the heated steering wheel, titanium shift know and floor mats.

Mike

CMK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Accord Hybrid
Virginia: Hall Acura in Newport News quoted $2500 ADM.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I'll only pay for accessories of my choosing....and I won't buy any of the factory accessories aside from the heated steering wheel, titanium shift know and floor mats.

Mike
And you are 150% entitled to hold out for that. We all have our individual tolerances... IIRC it was you that also refused to do a credit check for a test drive, so it's clear your tolerance for dealer horseshit is very low. I wish everyone had the same standards, it would hold these dealers accountable for sure.

It does restrict your available options, but on the other side it's definitely better to steer clear of anything that could lead to regret later on. These cars aren't unicorns, I have a feeling that people will be able to get them under conditions they find acceptable if they're willing to wait for a bit, or put in some legwork. Or get lucky with local dealers.

Personally, I'm an easy upsell on options so I've selected quite a few of them. Everything carbon, shift knob, floor/cargo mats, heated wheel, illuminated door sills, and probably blacked out emblems and mud flaps. Oh, and pet liner. I'd probably get the wheels too if I could keep the ones it came with for a winter set.

Sponsored

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
I've never paid ADM on a single car purchase, mainly on principle, but also because the last few years I've only dealt through an Account Rep for a large dealership owner (multiple brands) who knows that it's in his best interest to not try and cheat me. Granted, this is in Canada where there aren't too many ADMs anyways, but I'm big into loyalty and he knows that. My first car with him was a BMW X1 (demo), and then 3 months later an ILX. That quickly escalated into a recent Lincoln Navigator delivery, my current A-Spec Integra, as well as an 2023 X1 I'm taking delivery for this weekend. Also just put down a deposit for an ITR.

Customer retention > that measly 5-10k markup you get on one car.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I was just going to post the same article here too after reading it. But i think the Motor Trend writer could have done some more research. There are definitely more than two dealerships with Integra Type S cars in the state -- practically every dealership in the state has at least a "demo" car plus a couple of incoming allocations or customer online reservations. and there have been at least a few people who have taken delivery in CA. The writing makes it seem like the car is so rare and feeds into the dealership and hype narrative.

But yes, please call out these dealerships for these outrageous markups!

Addendum:
I actually emailed the author, pointing out the fact there are more than two dealerships in the state of California with cars on the lot. He wrote back pretty quickly and said it was an Acura rep from that dealership that provided him that information (again, rarity and hype narrative!), but he did update his article to reflect that the information was as provided by that dealership.

Last edited:

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
I was just going to post the same article here too after reading it. But i think the Motor Trend writer could have done some more research. There are definitely more than two dealerships with Integra Type S cars in the state -- practically every dealership in the state has at least a "demo" car plus a couple of incoming allocations or customer online reservations. and there have been at least a few people who have taken delivery in CA. The writing makes it seem like the car is so rare and feeds into the dealership and hype narrative.

But yes, please call out these dealerships for these outrageous markups!
Right now as we speak some one is getting ready to purchase this at that outrageous price. That same person most likely lives check to check and borrows money from someone to pay bills at certain points of the year. I know people like this. Well , I’ve had acquaintances like this.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
they tried to sell me the lcm/red cancellation at msrp but said 3000$ in accessories is mandatory.
Can you PM me the details on your experience?

The only additional item that was listed on my quote was $681 for the Carter Protection Package (floor mats, trunk tray & wheel locks). I'm opposed to any mandatory packages and I will discuss with them further before purchase.

Mike

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
Georgia- Acura of Athens. MSRP!

Well I don’t pick up until tomorrow but they sent the Bill of sale today. They’ve been promising sticker price since before I made reservation but I’m just now starting to fully believe it. I’ll update tomorrow after I pick up.

MSRP confirmed! No shenanigans, I highly recommend them. Only drove 40 miles but I’m in love.

Last edited:

Sponsored

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
I have a deposit in at Acura Hunt Valley in Maryland for MSRP.

FWIW, the sales person also claimed that they never charge more than MSRP.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 M2 Manual
McGrath downtown Chicago reached out to me again on their black on black unit that has accessories on it.

Since I am roughly an hr away from their store, I wanted a quick pricing rundown before I wasted my time.
They refuse to do any sort of pricing discussions unless I am in their showroom. This isn’t the first McGrath dealership I’ve run across where they refuse to talk numbers over the phone

I told them to take me off their mailing/prospect list if they’re unable to accommodate.

I’ve bought a fair number of cars (at least 10) in the past and I’ve never had such basic difficulty buying a car. I can see why more and more people prefer autonation/Carvana/Carmax etc.

Disappointing all around especially from a “luxury” car maker. I’ve had better luck in my experiences with BMW dealers honestly.