Sponsored

Have you installed the black emblems yourself?

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hello everyone,

As I get closer to be able to pick up my new ITS, I have started narrowing down the accessories I want at pickup. I love the black emblems all around on my civic hatch and I know I want the same on my LCM ITS.

My plan is to have the dealer install the front A-mark to avoid having to remove the front bumper myself then install all the others on my own. Does anyone know how the type s badge on the front grill is secured? I’ve been trying to find info on whether it’s bolted or just stuck on with no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Hello everyone,

As I get closer to be able to pick up my new ITS, I have started narrowing down the accessories I want at pickup. I love the black emblems all around on my civic hatch and I know I want the same on my LCM ITS.

My plan is to have the dealer install the front A-mark to avoid having to remove the front bumper myself then install all the others on my own. Does anyone know how the type s badge on the front grill is secured? I’ve been trying to find info on whether it’s bolted or just stuck on with no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!
It's held on by two screws located behind the emblem--you won't be able to get to it without removing the grill, there's just no way to reach those screws.

I purchased the black/illuminated A-mark with installation as part of the car purchase, then bought the Type-S emblem set (~$202 with tax) from the dealership's parts department and asked the tech to install the front Type-S badge while they were working on the A-mark and they did so without charge ("You'll have the grill off already, can you install this while you're in there?"). They also installed the other 3 black Type-S badges while they were at it... it was a courtesy, but I'll admit I wasn't psyched they did because they broke 2/3 of the chrome Type-S badges while they were clearly trying to take them off as quickly as possible.

Anyone can do the fender and rear badge replacements--don't bother trying with dental floss, it's much easier with a braided fishing line. Let the car sit in the sun for a bit, they'll all come off real easy. Outline the Type-S badges with masking tape before you remove so you can put them back where they belong.

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
OP
OP

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It's held on by two screws located behind the emblem--you won't be able to get to it without removing the grill, there's just no way to reach those screws.

I purchased the black/illuminated A-mark with installation as part of the car purchase, then bought the Type-S emblem set (~$202 with tax) from the dealership's parts department and asked the tech to install the front Type-S badge while they were working on the A-mark and they did so without charge ("You'll have the grill off already, can you install this while you're in there?"). They also installed the other 3 black Type-S badges while they were at it... it was a courtesy, but I'll admit I wasn't psyched they did because they broke 2/3 of the chrome Type-S badges while they were clearly trying to take them off as quickly as possible.

Anyone can do the fender and rear badge replacements--don't bother trying with dental floss, it's much easier with a braided fishing line. Let the car sit in the sun for a bit, they'll all come off real easy. Outline the Type-S badges with masking tape before you remove so you can put them back where they belong.
Aww, I was hoping that wasn`t the case so that I could save by buying them elsewhere. How are you liking the illuminated emblem? I may just go this route if I`m going to have it dealer installed anyway. I appreciate your input, I`d also like to keep he chrome type-s badges intact if I can.

Thanks for the tip! I did my civic with dental floss and it wasn`t fun. I`ll definitely keep this in mind when I`m giving it a go.

Installation instructions for most accessories can be found on another forum:

https://acurazine.com/forums/integr...es-accessory-installation-instructions-999245
Wow, this is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Aww, I was hoping that wasn`t the case so that I could save by buying them elsewhere. How are you liking the illuminated emblem? I may just go this route if I`m going to have it dealer installed anyway. I appreciate your input, I`d also like to keep he chrome type-s badges intact if I can.

Thanks for the tip! I did my civic with dental floss and it wasn`t fun. I`ll definitely keep this in mind when I`m giving it a go.
I think the illuminated emblem looks good! I honestly had no intention of buying it, it was something I was interested in only if I could get the dealership to throw it in for free since they weren't giving me quite as much as I wanted for my trade... but then after we were negotiating for a while, they seemed to offer the illuminated emblem, door sills, and pattern projectors at what I could only imagine was cost ($845 total, including install), and I knew I was going to regret it if I didn't just get them all.

I believe the Type-S emblems were ~$202 altogether (the front Type-S emblem isn't available on its own, it's a 4-pack for now). If you don't like what the dealership's parts department is asking for the emblems, negotiate it, or buy it elsewhere and ask the installer to put the front emblem on if/when they do your front emblem work.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think the illuminated emblem looks good! I honestly had no intention of buying it, it was something I was interested in only if I could get the dealership to throw it in for free since they weren't giving me quite as much as I wanted for my trade... but then after we were negotiating for a while, they seemed to offer the illuminated emblem, door sills, and pattern projectors at what I could only imagine was cost ($845 total, including install), and I knew I was going to regret it if I didn't just get them all.

I believe the Type-S emblems were ~$202 altogether (the front Type-S emblem isn't available on its own, it's a 4-pack for now). If you don't like what the dealership's parts department is asking for the emblems, negotiate it, or buy it elsewhere and ask the installer to put the front emblem on if/when they do your front emblem work.
Wow, you got a great deal! That would have been a no-brainer for me also. I`m already getting this ITS on a FL5 budget as I was expected to wait a year but lucked into a 1 month wait so i`m looking to save where I can for any non-essentials. I did find the Type S badge kit on a US site for about $200 CAD all in (with shipping) and the dealer asked for just under $475 CAD for just the type S badges only. I think I'm just going to do what you said and order them online and convince the dealer to install the front one at the same time.

I`ll definitely try to get a better price on the illuminated emblem instead.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Wow, you got a great deal! That would have been a no-brainer for me also. I`m already getting this ITS on a FL5 budget as I was expected to wait a year but lucked into a 1 month wait so i`m looking to save where I can for any non-essentials. I did find the Type S badge kit on a US site for about $200 CAD all in (with shipping) and the dealer asked for just under $475 CAD for just the type S badges only. I think I'm just going to do what you said and order them online and convince the dealer to install the front one at the same time.

I`ll definitely try to get a better price on the illuminated emblem instead.
I had the black front A-mark floating around the back of my '23 Integra for a full year because I was afraid to go through the trouble of removing the bumped to install it... glad I was finally able to get it installed and that I didn't have to do it myself!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I almost am considering just painting the front emblem just to not have to remove the front bumper if it's already lined up perfectly. Do they need to remove the bumper to remove the grille for the front Type S badge? Can ANY of the smaller badges be deleted without holes ?

OP
OP

AC22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I almost am considering just painting the front emblem just to not have to remove the front bumper if it's already lined up perfectly. Do they need to remove the bumper to remove the grille for the front Type S badge? Can ANY of the smaller badges be deleted without holes ?
That's my concern too but it does sound like it isn`t too difficult for any experienced tech to line up the bumper correctly especially with the pressure of an inspection at pickup.

I explored the link the @Gregg shared above and there was actually instructions for the integra type s emblems. It seems that the one on the front grille is held on with adhesive just like the others.

Type S Emblem Instructions

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
That's my concern too but it does sound like it isn`t too difficult for any experienced tech to line up the bumper correctly especially with the pressure of an inspection at pickup.

I explored the link the @Gregg shared above and there was actually instructions for the integra type s emblems. It seems that the one on the front grille is held on with adhesive just like the others.

Type S Emblem Instructions
Now that you mention that, I may have mistaken that for the illuminated front emblem which I do not want.

Sponsored

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
This used to be reachable via the Honda e-store, but they switched to the "Dream Shop" which doesn't seem to link to the installation instructions and the old link is broken, but the page is still available....for now...

Acura accessory installation manuals

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It's in the accessories guide section here..

Chef-808

First Name
Chef-Stef
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra 6MT
I had the black front A-mark floating around the back of my '23 Integra for a full year because I was afraid to go through the trouble of removing the bumped to install it... glad I was finally able to get it installed and that I didn't have to do it myself!
How much did the dealership cost to install the front Emblem?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
How much did the dealership cost to install the front Emblem?
I negotiated a package deal for $843--illuminated front emblem in black, pattern projectors, and illuminated door sills (parts and labor). I didn't have them itemize it because, frankly, there's no way that price wasn't a mistake and I wanted to ink it before it was caught.

I think Acura Columbus was charging ~$200 for parts and install of the black emblem, and $415 for the illuminated option.
Sponsored