Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TXL Type-S /2023 Civic Type-R /2024 HR-V EX-L
Very Nice! Glad to see that this works with the Integra. I did this the hard way on My FL5 before I knew about Mikstore. One thing to note like @stanleywinthrop noticed is that you do not need the OEM window switches.

The only need parts would be as follows.
Folding Mirror Switch
L & R Mirror assemblies ( or the Motors if your are trying to save some $$ )
Some form of CANBUS controller for the Mirrors to fold/unfold on lock/unlock
Some OEM wire repair sections that Honda/Acura sells ( they come with 6 wires per part# )

It would be nice to see if Mikstore could make a Kit for the USDM market that doesn't need all the stuff they sell in the C kit:hmm:
Also @Integra23 did you use the Mirrors that came with the Kit ( OEM RHD Mirrors ) or did you use the USDM Mirrors? "If" you used the RHD mirrors how do you like them..? Since that's what I used and I actually think they have a better view field over the USDM Mirror:hmm:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Unsure if the auto up/down inside works like others, but have you tried the procedures to teach the the control unit the window settings for the auto up/down feature?

May just need to perform these two steps w/ the car on.
  1. Move the driver's window all the way DOWN (with the down switch)
  2. Pull up and HOLD UP until the window closes, and after it closes, continue for 1 second.
Very Nice! Glad to see that this works with the Integra. I did this the hard way on My FL5 before I knew about Mikstore. One thing to note like @stanleywinthrop noticed is that you do not need the OEM window switches.

The only need parts would be as follows.
Folding Mirror Switch
L & R Mirror assemblies ( or the Motors if your are trying to save some $$ )
Some form of CANBUS controller for the Mirrors to fold/unfold on lock/unlock
Some OEM wire repair sections that Honda/Acura sells ( they come with 6 wires per part# )

It would be nice to see if Mikstore could make a Kit for the USDM market that doesn't need all the stuff they sell in the C kit:hmm:
Also @Integra23 did you use the Mirrors that came with the Kit ( OEM RHD Mirrors ) or did you use the USDM Mirrors? "If" you used the RHD mirrors how do you like them..? Since that's what I used and I actually think they have a better view field over the USDM Mirror:hmm:
I used the RHD mirrors and love them. I bought similar mirrors for my last car since it had so many blind spots.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Install Time
First mirror- 2-3 hours figuring everything out​
Second mirror- 45 mins at most.​
Features
With the cabubus adapter windows can be rolled down with remote(already a feature) but also rolled up with the opposite method. Single press lock then long press lock​
Mirrors automatically fold closed when locking vehicle​
Mirrors automatically unfold when unlocking vehicle​
Issues-
None​
NOTES
Thanks @acurax
May just need to perform these two steps w/ the car on.​
  1. Move the driver's window all the way DOWN (with the down switch)
  2. Pull up and HOLD UP until the window closes, and after it closes, continue for 1 second.
this is nit-picky, but for future folks you should add why they might need to follow the steps in your notes (to make the auto up/down work)

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT
Thank you, I am watching your thread as well before I decide 100% on which route to take!
Yeah, sorry man. i wish I were done already too. Just need to find a time to disassemble the mirrors and the hot weather lately has been demotivating. Otherwise I've got all the parts i need and I am 99% certain that my method will work. @JDM_DOHC_SiR has been down a similar road and he and I have extensively DM about my plan.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Yeah, sorry man. i wish I were done already too. Just need to find a time to disassemble the mirrors and the hot weather lately has been demotivating. Otherwise I've got all the parts i need and I am 99% certain that my method will work. @JDM_DOHC_SiR has been down a similar road and he and I have extensively DM about my plan.
No apology necessary, I could always do the legwork myself! Convenient that I don't have to though :)

Sponsored

Gernett

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MDX SHAWD Tech,2024 Integra Type S PRP
Great thread! Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
@Integra23 Thanks for the post! Did you consider adding the tilt on reverse from mikstore as well on top of this?
I tried it on my aspec once and didn't like it. I park on the street quite often and current mirror setup shows plenty of the curb and what's beside me at the same time. No need to adjust the mirror.
It would actually move too low where I could only see the curb and nothing behind me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

tekboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec Tech
Just ordered the "Model C - Without Driver/Passenger Button Panel" from Mikstore (update: Now updated to Model E on Mikstore). A bit cheaper than the regular Model C option that includes the button panels. Hopefully I'll be able to make it all work when it arrives! Also ordered the flowing turn signal lights and auto-lifter/auto-fold module. Let's hope I really didn't need to swap the button panels, lol.

Last edited:

tekboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec Tech
Ok, short answer, you DO need the upgraded window switches. (Just buy the Model C kit and you'll be good to go, I had to spend extra to buy the upgraded switches separately) This is now clear to see on Mikstore's site showing the internal board of the upgraded switches with the special microchip for the folding mirrors, missing on the Integra window switches. I confirmed that both switches have to be replaced with these upgraded window switches. Adding the auto-folding module (separate purchase) works great and just plug and play. It does have some dip switches that I have no idea what they do since they are labeled in Chinese. I did notice the right mirror reverse tilt-down feature doesn't work correctly now, only tilts down but doesn't tilt back up,.. probably will need to replace the tilting motor with the original one that has extra wiring, but I wasn't a fan of that feature so I'm leaving it as is for now.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Ok, short answer, you DO need the upgraded window switches. (Just buy the Model C kit and you'll be good to go, I had to spend extra to buy the upgraded switches separately) This is now clear to see on Mikstore's site showing the internal board of the upgraded switches with the special microchip for the folding mirrors, missing on the Integra window switches. I confirmed that both switches have to be replaced with these upgraded window switches. Adding the auto-folding module (separate purchase) works great and just plug and play. It does have some dip switches that I have no idea what they do since they are labeled in Chinese. I did notice the right mirror reverse tilt-down feature doesn't work correctly now, only tilts down but doesn't tilt back up,.. probably will need to replace the tilting motor with the original one that has extra wiring, but I wasn't a fan of that feature so I'm leaving it as is for now.
Do you think the reverse tilt would work correctly with the Model C kit?

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I tried it on my aspec once and didn't like it. I park on the street quite often and current mirror setup shows plenty of the curb and what's beside me at the same time. No need to adjust the mirror.
It would actually move too low where I could only see the curb and nothing behind me.
What is your current mirror set up?

tekboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec Tech
Do you think the reverse tilt would work correctly with the Model C kit?
For a brief period Mikstore was selling the Model C without the window switches, that's what I purchased. The issue I believe lies with the installed tilting motor, missing some wiring for the auto-tilt on the Integras. Everything else seems to be working well.
Sponsored