Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜24 ITS, ā€˜21 Bronco, ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜88 911
Surprised of the MPG I get with the car. After 4000 km, I averaged 8.0 L / 100 km.

With my 2014 Honda Fit automashift, I averaged 8.5 L / 100 km on the last 9 years. Notice that I drove in a lot of trafic with the Fit.

Nonetheless, I'm quite surprised that I can achieve that in the ITS, with so much performance compared to the Fit.
Iā€™m sorry I donā€™t speak Canadian. What does this convert to in American?
Sponsored

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
nice surprises:
- I like silver better than I thought I would
- No auto shut-off to disable <3
- sounds better than expected (still not an NA V8 but hey.... haha)
- my wife likes it more than expected
- more people seem to notice/compliment it than expected
- i haven't had thoughts of selling it yet! (i've had numerous cars for only 1-3 months including a couple realllllly "good" ones that just didn't do it for me)
- diagram in the instrument cluster of what vehicles are around you. really cool but not really useful.
- key fob is really nice

unpleasant surpises:
- rear camera is just atrocious and unacceptable for 2023
- non-locking glovebox. why.

as expected:
- seats are comfortable enough but lack support (they might be similar to the Si seats I had but actually seem like a downgrade)

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Lol ok. I can almost guarantee I'm not younger than you I just don't agree with your take, frankly think it's ridiculous and think a counterpoint should be offered. I can't control when people on here get offended, that much is clear. You shouldn't, it's the Internet and I don't know you from Adam... but join the club. Some people just really don't like their opinions being challenged apparently.
Iā€™m with staylurkin on this one. Iā€™m coming from an 11 gen Si, and the feedback from the front wheels (in comfort) isnā€™t as pronounced through the steering wheel in the ITS. Thereā€™s also body roll, and you can feel the extra 200+ lbs. All the complaints reviewers had about the ITS. This is all in comfort as Iā€™m still in the break-in period. I will say I barley took a right hander and left hander at speed in the ITS with minimal effort and matched the corner speed of the Si. The car is a weapon, but my only gripe about the dynamics is feedback from the front wheels. Zygrene said the same thing weā€™re saying. Agree to disagree I guess, but Thomas from throttle house said the same thing about the CTR.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Iā€™m with staylurkin on this one. Iā€™m coming from an 11 gen Si, and the feedback from the front wheels (in comfort) isnā€™t as pronounced through the steering wheel in the ITS. Thereā€™s also body roll, and you can feel the extra 200+ lbs. All the complaints reviewers had about the ITS. This is all in comfort as Iā€™m still in the break-in period. I will say I barley took a right hander and left hander at speed in the ITS with minimal effort and matched the corner speed of the Si. The car is a weapon, but my only gripe about the dynamics is feedback from the front wheels. Zygrene said the same thing weā€™re saying. Agree to disagree I guess, but Thomas from throttle house said the same thing about the CTR.
Guys- I realize it's a fool's errand trying to tell you what you're feeling isn't what you're feeling. I can see now that's a zero sum game and honestly I feel pretty dumb. Yes, even as "pretentious" as I am, I can see where I'm wrong, and admit I get moody and stupid from time to time.

But that doesn't mean I won't keep trying.

You really think you should be commenting on steering feel when you haven't even taken it out of comfort, or actually taken a real turn in it? (Psst- by the way, it's ok to take it out of comfort during the break-in, I promise. Full disclosure- I hardly ever use comfort. It feels weird, and I noticed it on my first drive too. I don't know why it's even there.)

Break it in, put it in Sport+, get it out on some good roads and get back to me. Like, ACTUALLY TURN THE WHEEL. At least 90 degrees, not in a parking lot (off-ramps don't really count either TBH). Seriously- what feedback are you expecting if you're not driving the car at least sort of hard through corners?

giphy (2).gif

If you're not blown away with the dynamics, then not just me but all the engineers, physicists, journalists, and everyone who ever thought the inputs on this car rivalled the very best sports cars you can buy today are wrong. You wasted your money and should go try to get your Si's back. Pretty much simple as that.

Kidding and facetiousness aside, what you're probably noticing is the tire width and/or compound. I'm assuming you're on all seasons? There's plenty of feedback in the ITS- but it's probably coming through in a way you're not used to. I'm still truly puzzled how you feel you can even comment on it when neither of you have actually taken a significant turn in these cars, and I still absolutely 100% refuse to believe a Civic Si can come close to matching an ITS in steering feel, let alone provide "more feedback". There are plenty of cars with better steering, but the Si is not one of them. There's clearly something about the steering you don't like relative to your Si, and I'm not saying the Si is a bad car by any means, it's fantastic for what it is- but that doesn't make the Si steering "better".

And please point out where Zygrene gave anything but praise to this car's dynamics. I remember him saying he preferred the steering in a Camaro, but again- that Camaro had more going on than he revealed in the video. Put some RE-71RS's on one of these and we'll have that discussion. Also, Thomas rips just about everything that isn't a McLaren for "numb steering". He said a 718 GTS 4.0 had numb steering for Christ's sake- but tell me where he said the ITS or CTR was numb compared to an Si.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Guys- I realize it's a fool's errand trying to tell you what you're feeling isn't what you're feeling. I can see now that's a zero sum game and honestly I feel pretty dumb. Yes, even as "pretentious" as I am, I can see where I'm wrong, and admit I get moody and stupid from time to time.

But that doesn't mean I won't keep trying.

You really think you should be commenting on steering feel when you haven't even taken it out of comfort, or actually taken a real turn in it? (Psst- by the way, it's ok to take it out of comfort during the break-in, I promise. Full disclosure- I hardly ever use comfort. It feels weird, and I noticed it on my first drive too. I don't know why it's even there.)

Break it in, put it in Sport+, get it out on some good roads and get back to me. Like, ACTUALLY TURN THE WHEEL. At least 90 degrees, not in a parking lot (off-ramps don't really count either TBH). Seriously- what feedback are you expecting if you're not driving the car at least sort of hard through corners?

giphy (2).gif

If you're not blown away with the dynamics, then not just me but all the engineers, physicists, journalists, and everyone who ever thought the inputs on this car rivalled the very best sports cars you can buy today are wrong. You wasted your money and should go try to get your Si's back. Pretty much simple as that.

Kidding and facetiousness aside, what you're probably noticing is the tire width and/or compound. I'm assuming you're on all seasons? There's plenty of feedback in the ITS- but it's probably coming through in a way you're not used to. I'm still truly puzzled how you feel you can even comment on it when neither of you have actually taken a significant turn in these cars, and I still absolutely 100% refuse to believe a Civic Si can come close to matching an ITS in steering feel, let alone provide "more feedback". There are plenty of cars with better steering, but the Si is not one of them. There's clearly something about the steering you don't like relative to your Si, and I'm not saying the Si is a bad car by any means, it's fantastic for what it is- but that doesn't make the Si steering "better".

And please point out where Zygrene gave anything but praise to this car's dynamics. I remember him saying he preferred the steering in a Camaro, but again- that Camaro had more going on than he revealed in the video. Put some RE-71RS's on one of these and we'll have that discussion. Also, Thomas rips just about everything that isn't a McLaren for "numb steering". He said a 718 GTS 4.0 had numb steering for Christ's sake- but tell me where he said the ITS or CTR was numb compared to an Si.
Thomas was just talking about the CTRā€™s steering in general, on his hot lap he was jerking the steering wheel excessively to get feedback from the tires.

As for zygrene saying thereā€™s ā€œnot a whole lot of steering feelā€. Here:

@ 3:33

Like I said Iā€™ve taken a couple 90 degree corners at speed and the steering doesnā€™t have as much feed back as the Si (even though I cruised through the corner at the same speed, and it felt like there was much more in the ITS.).

Everything drivers have been saying about the dynamics line up with my experiences. So take it for what itā€™s worth. Maybe you should get someone to let you drive their 10th or 11th gen Si (or test drive an 11th gen) and see for yourself before you state your baseless claims lol. Itā€™s not fake news ya know. Lol

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Others reported better feel in the front with traction control completely disabled with pedal dance. Give it a try and report back

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Others reported better feel in the front with traction control completely disabled with pedal dance. Give it a try and report back
Wait- doesn't the base Integra have the exact same steering as the Si?

I'm done, you guys are right. ITS sucks, Si is best.

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I threw it in sport + for the first time, and did the pedal danced before I took my regular 90 degree right hander in my neighborhood. Felt much better, but the steering is too heavy in sport +. Iā€™ll try Just comfort again tomorrow to remove that variable then Iā€™ll try it in just sport + to see whatā€™s making the difference. It felt better though!

Just donā€™t want (or need) to do the pedal dance every time for a good time in this car. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s close! The gripes I listed are the only gripes I have with the car.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I threw it in sport + for the first time, and did the pedal danced before I took my regular 90 degree right hander in my neighborhood. Felt much better, but the steering is too heavy in sport +. Iā€™ll try Just comfort again tomorrow to remove that variable then Iā€™ll try it in just sport + to see whatā€™s making the difference. It felt better though!

Just donā€™t want (or need) to do the pedal dance every time for a good time in this car. Itā€™s not perfect, but itā€™s close! The gripes I listed are the only gripes I have with the car.
No, right. Literally according to you and the other guy that got really mad at me earlier, the Civic Si is perfection.

With its thinner wheels, all season tires, and traditional FWD suspension geometry.

Speaking of which- I apparently just really enjoy banging my head against the wall, but one thing that for whatever reason I haven't touched on yet is the torque steer. I'll go ahead and give you that you definitely are getting more feedback in the Si- from torque steer. I swear to god that's what you're missing. You think the steering is numb because you've acclimated yourselves to torque steer.

It all makes sense now. It literally is the only logical thing that I could conceivably reconcile why any reasonable person would actively claim to prefer the steering of an Si over an ITS (and by proxy a Type R).

Also if I'd thought about it a bit more, torque steer is the primary reason I DON'T like my son's 9th gen Si. Which I'm almost 100% convinced is the exact same experience of your 10th and 11th gens.

We can adjourn this conversation now. Maybe you should consider getting some crazy offset wheels or spacers so you can have your "feedback" back.

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
No, right. Literally according to you and the other guy that got really mad at me earlier, the Civic Si is perfection.

With its thinner wheels, all season tires, and traditional FWD suspension geometry.

Speaking of which- I apparently just really enjoy banging my head against the wall, but one thing that for whatever reason I haven't touched on yet is the torque steer. I'll go ahead and give you that you definitely are getting more feedback in the Si- from torque steer. I swear to god that's what you're missing. You think the steering is numb because you've acclimated yourselves to torque steer.

It all makes sense now. It literally is the only logical thing that I could conceivably reconcile why any reasonable person would actively claim to prefer the steering of an Si over an ITS (and by proxy a Type R).

Also if I'd thought about it a bit more, torque steer is the primary reason I DON'T like my son's 9th gen Si. Which I'm almost 100% convinced is the exact same experience of your 10th and 11th gens.

We can adjourn this conversation now. Maybe you should consider getting some crazy offset wheels or spacers so you can have your "feedback" back.
I could feel the car when it wasnā€™t torque steering, and when it was. Bottom line, the steering feel is there in the Si. You can feel everything just driving around town, taking turns at speed etc. I just donā€™t feel that precise steering in the Type S when I turn the wheel. I shouldnā€™t have to do the pedal dance and put it in sport + to feel somewhat close to a 11th gen Si, but itā€™s fine to disagree. Like I said I feel what the reviewers feel, but awell.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I could feel the car when it wasnā€™t torque steering, and when it was. Bottom line, the steering feel is there in the Si. You can feel everything just driving around town, taking turns at speed etc. I just donā€™t feel that precise steering in the Type S when I turn the wheel. I shouldnā€™t have to do the pedal dance and put it in sport + to feel somewhat close to a 11th gen Si, but itā€™s fine to disagree. Like I said I feel what the reviewers feel, but awell.
You keep talking about the reviewers... did any of these reviewers rave about the steering in the Si? Any "negative" comments I've heard about the steering from reviewers is either vague criticism or relative to other cars. Not the Si.

I'm running out of sanity.

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
You keep talking about the reviewers... did any of these reviewers rave about the steering in the Si? Any "negative" comments I've heard about the steering from reviewers is either vague criticism or relative to other cars. Not the Si.

I'm running out of sanity.
Thomas praises the steering/dynamics from ~8:30-9:09

The first thing I noticed when hopping in the teggy from the Si was the lack of steering feel, and the weight/body roll. If Thomas had any problems with the steering he wouldā€™ve said so, like he did when addressing the rev hang.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He literally say's "the steering's good"; not really raving.

I know journalists like the Si for what it is; I even see one of the reviews in the thumbnail saying "best bang for the buck". From that perspective I could easily see Thomas saying that the steering is good, because it's good for a $30k car... but I don't really see anyone saying it's "better" than an actual sports car. Which you are. Let alone a car from the same manufacturer that costs $20k more specifically because it's supposed to be engineered for better driving dynamics. Context is important here, and I still don't see anyone saying that except you two in this thread.

And now there's this "body roll" thing? WHO ARE YOU????

Lol. You even called it a "teggy".

At this point I'd just like to congratulate you. You two are the most successful trolls I've met in the past five years. You have literally gotten me to enter a state of pure confusion and unbridled rage, multiple times, talking about the same subject. You've helped me grow personally; I've realized I have a crippling weakness for people who have very wrong opinions that defy all logic and sense.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Sponsored

Last edited: