Sponsored

ITS owners -- what is your biggest surprise with the car so far?

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
:popcorn:
Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thomas praises the steering/dynamics from ~8:30-9:09

The first thing I noticed when hopping in the teggy from the Si was the lack of steering feel, and the weight/body roll. If Thomas had any problems with the steering he would’ve said so, like he did when addressing the rev hang.
Never driven an C-SI but the ITS is above and beyond so many others in terms of handling and steer as the CTR is. I’m certain the CTR was engineered to be much better than the C-SI. I don’t experience any lack of feel or body rolls while powering through corners.

That said, it could just be you’ve grown to love the way the C-SI handles and you’ve adapted to the way it feels.

After I’ve put in 300k miles on the ITS I’m sure I will be so used to it that other vehicles may not impress me. Could just be a preference thing as everyone has their own. If you end up passing on the ITS because you prefer C-SI steering feel, can’t blame ya for it

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
He literally say's "the steering's good"; not really raving.

I know journalists like the Si for what it is; I even see one of the reviews in the thumbnail saying "best bang for the buck". From that perspective I could easily see Thomas saying that the steering is good, because it's good for a $30k car... but I don't really see anyone saying it's "better" than an actual sports car. Which you are. Let alone a car from the same manufacturer that costs $20k more specifically because it's supposed to be engineered for better driving dynamics. Context is important here, and I still don't see anyone saying that except you two in this thread.

And now there's this "body roll" thing? WHO ARE YOU????

Lol. You even called it a "teggy".

At this point I'd just like to congratulate you. You two are the most successful trolls I've met in the past five years. You have literally gotten me to enter a state of pure confusion and unbridled rage, multiple times, talking about the same subject. You've helped me grow personally; I've realized I have a crippling weakness for people who have very wrong opinions that defy all logic and sense.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
*Sighs* So just because it’s 20k cheaper everything about the Type S should be better since more money went into engineering the car. Sorry bud but everything about the type S isn’t better than the Si.

That doesn’t mean overall it’s worse, it just means that there’s room for improvement for the type s.

Like I said, great car, better than the Si in ALMOST every way, not perfect.

Never driven an C-SI but the ITS is above and beyond so many others in terms of handling and steer as the CTR is. I’m certain the CTR was engineered to be much better than the C-SI. I don’t experience any lack of feel or body rolls while powering through corners.

That said, it could just be you’ve grown to love the way the C-SI handles and you’ve adapted to the way it feels.

After I’ve put in 300k miles on the ITS I’m sure I will be so used to it that other vehicles may not impress me. Could just be a preference thing as everyone has their own. If you end up passing on the ITS because you prefer C-SI steering feel, can’t blame ya for it
I love my ITS, but it’s not better than the 10th and 11th gen Si in every single way like optronix is baselessly claiming, not having driven either. Each car is going to have its strengths and weaknesses, it’s not about getting used to a car. It didn’t take me long to figure out how each of the cars drove and what their characteristics were.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I love my ITS, but it’s not better than the 10th and 11th gen Si in every single way like optronix is baselessly claiming, not having driven either. Each car is going to have its strengths and weaknesses, it’s not about getting used to a car. It didn’t take me long to figure out how each of the cars drove and what their characteristics were.
He did cite the completely different suspensions, drivetrain, tuning and wheel/tire size setup. It’s fair game if you feel C-SI still handles better with better road feel. I would say if you posed the same statement to the CTR folks you would meet the same resistance. The objective portion is CTR/ITS was designed to be top tier in handling. The subjective portion is you don’t feel they handle better than 10-11gen C-SI. Perfectly okay.

At the end of the day, we pay good money for these vehicles, enjoy every bit of it. Opinions and perspectives don’t always agree and we should all enjoy the ITS all the same. I’m still stoked the Integra is finally back lol

Snugs24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
He did cite the completely different suspensions, drivetrain, tuning and wheel/tire size setup. It’s fair game if you feel C-SI still handles better with better road feel. I would say if you posed the same statement to the CTR folks you would meet the same resistance. The objective portion is CTR/ITS was designed to be top tier in handling. The subjective portion is you don’t feel they handle better than 10-11gen C-SI. Perfectly okay.

At the end of the day, we pay good money for these vehicles, enjoy every bit of it. Opinions and perspectives don’t always agree and we should all enjoy the ITS all the same. I’m still stoked the Integra is finally back lol
Didn’t say the Si handled better, I just said there was more communication coming through the wheel as to what the front tires were doing. The FL5 CTR has also been said to have the same issue, even though its much faster in every way as is the ITS.

There was never a need to argue with the gentleman who is coming from the 10th gen anyways. I was just stating that I agreed with him on the steering feel. He even gave facts as to how the 9th gen differs from the 10th and 11th gens. The facts fell on deaf ears. All I’m saying is don’t knock it till you try it. No need to loose all rationality over a completely logical comparison when someone is just answering the OP. He just attacked someone for giving their opinion as if the counter argument is a fact. It’s just one thing that surprised us that’s all.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I still haven't turned rev match off, but VSA fully off makes a HUGE difference. From what I could tell, it really leans into the turns much easier & actually feels more planted to me. I sort of thought with VSA on it would induce more rotation, but so far I haven't experienced that quite yet. I'm also carefully pushing it more & more into the turns while keeping an eye on the G-meter since this is just on our local back roads that I know well.

I definitely wish this was button activated or hopefully can be tuned out via switch or somehow in the future.
Just wanted to update with probably what was obvious to most of you. But I took some more turns at higher speeds with VSA completely off and definitely noticed more rotation then I had previously. I am excited to see the difference the Spoon rigid collars will make in the scenario.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I have the base, purchased for my daughter. It's hardly a "luxury" vehicle. There's no Homelink, the passenger seat is manual, no power hatch, no seat memory, no spare tire (which is standard on the rebadged civic) and only 1 USB port in the entire car (not even a USB or cig lighter port in the arm-rest)., no HD radio on all but top-trim. I know there are higher trims, but most of this stuff should be STANDARD on a "luxury car" brand.

On the road, there's too much road nice. It won't bother a kid, but for a lux vehicle, this should not be the case. I have the base 17" wheels, I can imagine how much worse it would be different tires/wheels.
This is the Type-S forum. Take those complaints over to the CVT forum. 😆

Pras63

First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 STi (previous) - currently car-less)
1. I wish the back hatch area allowed you to put a set of golf clubs in width wise.
2. There is no manual hatch release. The car has to be off to open it. Unless I’m missing something?
The car doesn't need to be off to open the hatch, you just need to hit unlock on your door first (you still have to hit the release button on the hatch itself).

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The gas mileage. I think I only have about 1400 miles on my car and I swear I've filled it up 6 times.
Lol. Tiny tank I have to fill up every 200 miles.

Sponsored

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
The gas mileage. I think I only have about 1400 miles on my car and I swear I've filled it up 6 times.
Agreed. Everyone blames the size of the tank but the MPG should be better for a big block two liter. The short gearing isn't helping but definitely makes it more fun to drive.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Agreed. Everyone blames the size of the tank but the MPG should be better for a big block two liter. The short gearing isn't helping but definitely makes it more fun to drive.
just the reality, if we want fuel economy there are cars that accomplish that. Fun performance cars will definitely use more fuel.

that said,21-28mpg really is great considering many large engines can range 10-18mpg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Everyone complaining is a still falling victim to the pessimistic range. Tanks are damn near 13gal but the programming doesnt lead anybody to believe that...

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Everyone complaining is a still falling victim to the pessimistic range. Tanks are damn near 13gal but the programming doesnt lead anybody to believe that...
I don't like to run the tank down to E in fear of damaging the fuel pump

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
Bigger gas tank = more fuel weight which = less performance and worse gas mileage. Those are the only reasons I can come up with as to why they have such a small tank on this car. I have averaged 26.0 mpg in just over 1,000 miles which is much better than I was getting with the vehicle I replaced, but it feels much worse due to having to refuel more often.
Sponsored