Sponsored

ITS into something more practical…?

22BRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BRZ
Once you go to an suv you are giving up some clear driving dynamics but of course gain AWD. If you don't live in an area where you need the ground clearance or AWD or just tons and tons of room that you can only get in a large suv, I think an Integra or a Civic hatch is a very good compromise. Personally, I think ALL vehicles are simply too large today versus 20 years ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Once you go to an suv you are giving up some clear driving dynamics but of course gain AWD. If you don't live in an area where you need the ground clearance or AWD or just tons and tons of room that you can only get in a large suv, I think an Integra or a Civic hatch is a very good compromise. Personally, I think ALL vehicles are simply too large today versus 20 years ago.
you’re right. the hatch is a very versatile package and the ITS/CTR offer a lot of fun on top of that.

I ended up keeping the ITS and rented a 3/4 ton truck to tow my track car the 7h to VIR. put my summer tires/wheels (CTR wheels lol) on and then it snowed today !!

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
you’re right. the hatch is a very versatile package and the ITS/CTR offer a lot of fun on top of that.

I ended up keeping the ITS and rented a 3/4 ton truck to tow my track car the 7h to VIR. put my summer tires/wheels (CTR wheels lol) on and then it snowed today !!
Oh no!!!

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
Have to be honest, the z06 IMO sort of would kill the desire for me to have the ITS also. Primarily because I’m old enough to know that having a fun car and then another vehicle you don’t need to worry about (dents, scratches, etc.) is a really good place to be in.
If you are worried about dents, chips, scratches and other "road wear" you should get PPF + ceramic coating on it. I have it on my AP2 and I'm amazed at how bulletproof it is.

There's been several times I've had the "pleasure" of a dump truck launching tiny rocks everywhere and hearing the "tink tink" noise despite giving more than enough following distance on the highway. I always expect it to look like a warzone on the hood or bumper but nope... all is well.

It is definitely an expensive investment, especially if you do full car, but I can't deny it is very effective. If you're considering buying another car to prevent wear and tear on your favorite car, then $2-4k for high-end PPF isn't nearly the cost of that. Many have 10-year warranties now, I think XPEL does.

I'm getting it done on the front areas of my ITS (bumper, hood, mirrors), along with ceramic on the entire car.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
If you are worried about dents, chips, scratches and other "road wear" you should get PPF + ceramic coating on it. I have it on my AP2 and I'm amazed at how bulletproof it is.

There's been several times I've had the "pleasure" of a dump truck launching tiny rocks everywhere and hearing the "tink tink" noise despite giving more than enough following distance on the highway. I always expect it to look like a warzone on the hood or bumper but nope... all is well.

It is definitely an expensive investment, especially if you do full car, but I can't deny it is very effective. If you're considering buying another car to prevent wear and tear on your favorite car, then $2-4k for high-end PPF isn't nearly the cost of that. Many have 10-year warranties now, I think XPEL does.

I'm getting it done on the front areas of my ITS (bumper, hood, mirrors), along with ceramic on the entire car.
Front is the way to go IMO. I did full on my ITS and I think it's overkill. I wish I would've spent the incremental dough on performance mods instead.

I think the best are those "track" kits where it covers the front and other high risk areas like behind the fenders, front part of the roof etc is the move here.

Sponsored

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
Model Y or Prologue
Model Y. Why would I want to buy a GM rebadged as a Honda? Watch the videos on it, everything inside is GM down to the steering wheel, infotainment, key, and door chimes

It’s based on the Ultium platform and Honda has already basically terminated the partnership (they’re working on their own BEVs). I don’t think this will turn out as a good car in hindsight.

Imagine needing to service this car 5-10 years down the road, trying to get GM parts from Honda. No way.
Sponsored