Sponsored

Full sized spare, how to store in back?

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Anyone toting around a full sized spare on road trips, or even every day? I am wondering how you are securing it in the back? I am considering ratcheting cargo straps, but wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution. Thank you in advance
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just throw it in the trunk. Probably not the safest, but only when I go more than a few hours away, not keeping it in the trunk when I'm within an hour from the house, which is 99.99% of the time.

I also bring torque wrench, lugs, ratchet, scissor jack.

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I tried ratchet strapping my purchased expensive Modern Spare but
IMG_8159.jpeg
found the two pop up chrome anchor points in the trunk were not sufficiently strong to handle the torque necessary to stop the weight of the wheel from sliding around.. So now with 1300 miles i just carry a jack; tire plug kit; a can of fix a flat; my wifeā€™s AAA membership card; and a laissez faire attitude. Best of good luck to us all.

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If you have a cargo tray and cargo net, as long as you are not pulling wild Gs, the weight of the tire and the friction of the side wall on the tray plastic and netting should be enough to keep it from wandering around the trunk.

scooter

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If you have a cargo tray and cargo net, as long as you are not pulling wild Gs, the weight of the tire and the friction of the side wall on the tray plastic and netting should be enough to keep it from wandering around the trunk.
or you can get these custom Honda trunk spacers to stop the wheel from shifting around while doing wild Gā€™s in comfort mode:
IMG_8825.jpeg

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
My hillbilly death sentence. šŸ˜†

@scooter - thatā€™s a wicked clean looking setup!

IMG_2329.jpeg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is exactly what I do. Normal spirited driving is fine with cargo net.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
When I purchased new rims and tires, I kept one of the OEM wheel and tires and put it in the well under the floor. I bought a jack and wrench and placed them under the tire, which I placed with the wheel up. Never had a problem in 10,000 miles.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Wow, an amazing number of mods, impressed you find the time.
i washed mine for the first time Saturday.

IMG_8823.jpeg
Time has dwindled substantially. I got most of this done by Halloween of last year & due to lack of time just recently had a reputable local shop do the suspension mods & tires. Iā€™m waiting for the intake to arrive to a few of the other associated mods while itā€™s out. @Integra23 has me beat in the mods dept for sure - although we both donā€™t have that much time to complete everything 100%. šŸ˜‚

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Time has dwindled substantially. I got most of this done by Halloween of last year & due to lack of time just recently had a reputable local shop do the suspension mods & tires. Iā€™m waiting for the intake to arrive to a few of the other associated mods while itā€™s out. @Integra23 has me beat in the mods dept for sure - although we both donā€™t have that much time to complete everything 100%. šŸ˜‚
Yeah. My to-do list is pretty intense. Hopefully I can find some time next month.
Sponsored