Canada ordering

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Last Tuesday, someone on the Canadian Facebook FL5/DE5 group mentioned that he heard the MY25 DE5 was being cancelled due to higher ups in Japan disliking the fact that it exists. While I don't believe it for a second, why would Honda/Acura put the development time into a car, just to cancel it a year after its release? Has anyone else heard or read the same thing? Just curious.
Probably just one of those unfortunate losers who is offended by the DE5’s superiority (lol just kidding both are cool). There are still some very anti Type S people out there some don’t even own a Type R either so I don’t get it lol.
Japan was a major part of the DE5’s development so I don’t buy it. I would expect we see the DE5 as long as the current FL5.
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TW FG2 & SGP FL5
Probably just one of those unfortunate losers who is offended by the DE5’s superiority (lol just kidding both are cool). There are still some very anti Type S people out there some don’t even own a Type R either so I don’t get it lol.
Japan was a major part of the DE5’s development so I don’t buy it. I would expect we see the DE5 as long as the current FL5.
I don't get it personally. I love the DC2 and DC5, both are legendary for Honda but Acura has slowly pivoted to a become more luxury oriented. I'm sure there's some that would have preferred if the name was ILX instead of Integra but it's not. They just need to get over it.

I was thinking the same. I expecting it to have a 3 year run, so it's last year would be MY26.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Last Tuesday, someone on the Canadian Facebook FL5/DE5 group mentioned that he heard the MY25 DE5 was being cancelled due to higher ups in Japan disliking the fact that it exists. While I don't believe it for a second, why would Honda/Acura put the development time into a car, just to cancel it a year after its release? Has anyone else heard or read the same thing? Just curious.
I too have serious doubts about it being canceled after one model year, but until we see evidence of 2025s landing at dealers, that particular message from that Honda employee is kinda ominous. The ITS did steal a lot of the thunder (among the media/youtubers), and tracks around the same lap times - I can see Honda Japan big wigs feeling a little embarrassed and envious.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TW FG2 & SGP FL5
I too have serious doubts about it being canceled after one model year, but until we see evidence of 2025s landing at dealers, that particular message from that Honda employee is kinda ominous. The ITS did steal a lot of the thunder (among the media/youtubers), and tracks around the same lap times - I can see Honda Japan big wigs feeling a little embarrassed and envious.
I agree the ITS has stolen some of the CTR thunder but probably not to the degree they're thinking. They had both American and Japanese engineers on the ITS (I can't recall correctly, but believe one or two of them were behind the development of the B18C in the GS-R and the S2000 in the 90's/00's), so the fact they put the resources behind it and now may regret is just odd. Honda/Acura have had cars step on each other all the time: 99-00 Si and 94-01 GS-R, 02-06 RSX Type S and the 06-11 Civic Si. Those example are probably the closet to the Type R/Type S rivalry we have now and they all existed together for years. Then again, it's a different company to how it is now, so we'll see. But again, I'm with you, they not going to kill the car off after 1 year.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Honestly nothing would piss me off more to learn that Honda Japan higher ups would pull the cord on the ITS.

After screwing up the launch and purchasing/preorder process, screwing specific countries for allocations, along with losing complete control of pricing (which im sure isnt a Honda corporate issue, however they didnt do much to help mitigate), fuck Honda they did this to themselves.

However we all know this cant be true, since ITS and CTR money all goes back to Honda anyway lol.

Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Honestly nothing would piss me off more to learn that Honda Japan higher ups would pull the cord on the ITS.

After screwing up the launch and purchasing/preorder process, screwing specific countries for allocations, along with losing complete control of pricing (which im sure isnt a Honda corporate issue, however they didnt do much to help mitigate), fuck Honda they did this to themselves.

However we all know this cant be true, since ITS and CTR money all goes back to Honda anyway lol.
The mark-ups are a supply and demand issue pure and simple.

If Honda wanted to fix the problem, at least for the ITS, they'd issue a public release saying they will make as many of them as needed, and that if a particular dealer wants to charge extra, they'll manufacturer more and deliver them to a dealer that will move them at MSRP.

Instead everyone knows they're limited, so it comes down to who wants it more and dealerships are cashing in on it.

IMHO, there's no F'ing place for limited model #s unless you're talking about bespoke hyper cars that are $1M+. If it's built on an assembly line the solution is make as many as there are buyers who would buy them at the advertised price

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
The mark-ups are a supply and demand issue pure and simple.

If Honda wanted to fix the problem, at least for the ITS, they'd issue a public release saying they will make as many of them as needed, and that if a particular dealer wants to charge extra, they'll manufacturer more and deliver them to a dealer that will move them at MSRP.

Instead everyone knows they're limited, so it comes down to who wants it more and dealerships are cashing in on it.

IMHO, there's no F'ing place for limited model #s unless you're talking about bespoke hyper cars that are $1M+. If it's built on an assembly line the solution is make as many as there are buyers who would buy them at the advertised price
Absolutely agree, if they wanted to maximize their return all they, Honda, had to do was accommodate everyone who wanted one, I'm sure they would've netted higher than where they are now, instead they only lined dealerships pockets with mark ups lol.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
In Calgary today and went to Northwest Acura to check out the ABP ITS. Yay first time seeing an ITS that isn’t mine lol.
That blue is awesome in person!
Owner on here?

IMG_7011.jpeg

IMG_7009.jpeg

IMG_7013.jpeg

IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_7014.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpeg

Sponsored

560Ducks

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 CX-5
Taking delivery of a PWP ITS this Saturday! I've had a deposit at North Shore Acura since May 2023 and been through 3 sales reps since that time. I kept popping in from time to time to reintroduce myself to the new staff and luckily the sales rep I recently met managed to allocate one to me.

From what I was told it came in for someone who was ahead of me on the list but they backed out last minute. The rep I recently met called me up right away since he knew it was the colour I wanted! I guess I'm pretty lucky even though I have had a deposit for so long. Maybe it helps going in person and shooting the shit with the sales team a little bit if you're serious about getting one haha

I'll give you guys the deets once I get the final invoice. No dealer ADM but some non-negotiable dealer installed accessories such as partial PPF, window tint, and ceramic coating.. but that's pretty understandable. I'll take that over ADM any day.

Pretty excited! Doesn't feel real yet lol

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Taking delivery of a PWP ITS this Saturday! I've had a deposit at North Shore Acura since May 2023 and been through 3 sales reps since that time. I kept popping in from time to time to reintroduce myself to the new staff and luckily the sales rep I recently met managed to allocate one to me.

From what I was told it came in for someone who was ahead of me on the list but they backed out last minute. The rep I recently met called me up right away since he knew it was the colour I wanted! I guess I'm pretty lucky even though I have had a deposit for so long. Maybe it helps going in person and shooting the shit with the sales team a little bit if you're serious about getting one haha

I'll give you guys the deets once I get the final invoice. No dealer ADM but some non-negotiable dealer installed accessories such as partial PPF, window tint, and ceramic coating.. but that's pretty understandable. I'll take that over ADM any day.

Pretty excited! Doesn't feel real yet lol
Congrats! I saw the listing for that car on FB Marketplace and did notice the forced add-ons, but at least they’re stuff I would’ve either wanted (all-weather mats and trunk liner, wheel locks), or had them done elsewhere (tint, PPF, coating).

White is a beaut, enjoy!

560Ducks

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 CX-5
Congrats! I saw the listing for that car on FB Marketplace and did notice the forced add-ons, but at least they’re stuff I would’ve either wanted (all-weather mats and trunk liner, wheel locks), or had them done elsewhere (tint, PPF, coating).

White is a beaut, enjoy!
Yeah for sure obviously I could have probably had those things done elsewhere for cheaper but the sales guys there were doing me a solid getting me the car in the first place.. I feel it's fair to say yes to some add-ons so they can make a few extra bucks on a limited vehicle as opposed to paying straight ADM . Def the lesser of 2 evils.

If I was buying a car that wasn't so frickin hard to get I'd def opt out of all that stuff but I'm pretty sure if I didn't want the add-ons on this one they would just find someone else who was okay with them. Is what it is. Super stoked either way!

ClearOxygen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (APB)
I am currently looking for a new deal.

Had to cancel my order with Sterne Acura due to their money hungry practices. They would not honor our deal without my trade in, which they appraised $10k less the market value.

Just disgusting to see how dealers are getting away with this. I had also considered getting a MDX from them as well. Needless to say they will not be getting another dollar from me.
Similar experience with these guys.

Was on wait list in June 2023, was later told by the sales guy in earlier 2024 they would not sell an ITS unless there was a trade-in.

Fast forward to May/June 2024 , their sales guy called me and said he might be able to convince his boss to sell without trade-in.

mrbluray

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rav 4
Placed an order for a 2025 (or 2026) ITS Tiger Eye Pearl yesterday at the dealer in Kitchener Ontario.

Dealer told me it's maybe 50/50 if I get one in 2025. More likely 2026.
Sponsored