Buzzing at certain RPM and liftoff

ClearOxygen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (APB)
Do you by any chance have a garage opener remote attached to the sun visor? That can be a cause of the buzzing. I know cause I thought something was wrong and it turned out to be the remote resonating from all the engine vibrations... šŸ˜…
Sponsored

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
I think I may have figured it out - the buzzing seems to be coming from the trim piece right above the rear view mirror. It was buzzing yesterday as I was driving and held that piece and it stopped. Go figure.

I'll mess with it when I have the time or maybe I'll just wait to tape that area up when I install a fitcam.
I found my issue. It's this piece sits behind the rear view mirror. I just added tape around and no more buzzing nosies

Screenshot_20240716_222148_Brave.jpg

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I found my issue. It's this piece sits behind the rear view mirror. I just added tape around and no more buzzing nosies

Screenshot_20240716_222148_Brave.jpg
Yes! I have a buzzing from there! It goes away most of the time if I put pressure on it. Where did you put the tape?

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
Yes! I have a buzzing from there! It goes away most of the time if I put pressure on it. Where did you put the tape?
I have Fitcamx. The buzzing was internal. I just added foam tape on the board. No more buzzing now. I am so happy
1000028897.jpg

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
I have a buzzing sound that I just started noticing at 2k miles. I want to say I notice more on a cold start (in the less scorching weather) but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s temperature related.

Itā€™s definitely correlated to engine rpm somehow, whether internal or vibrations coming to the cabin. It doesnā€™t sound like itā€™s a rattle but posts in this thread are making me not rule out anything.

Mostly noticeable cruising around in the first two gears, neighborhood speed. Not just rpm but also throttle/lift off. I can almost make it stop entirely if I balance the throttle.

I donā€™t have any engine mods, but I did install my radar detector Blendmount and disassembled that plastic mirror shroud numerous times (I hate how itā€™s designed). Iā€™ll have to try pressing it to see if it stops. Iā€™m going to temporarily remove the Blendmount then the plastic shroud to go down the process of elimination.

Sponsored

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
Sounds like the waste gate rattle to me. If you go slowly in first or second and lift off you will hear it but if you shift into neutral it will go away (at least thatā€™s what mine does). It is also much more prevalent when the car is cold, in my experience.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Sounds like the waste gate rattle to me. If you go slowly in first or second and lift off you will hear it but if you shift into neutral it will go away (at least thatā€™s what mine does). It is also much more prevalent when the car is cold, in my experience.
@E-Rod this is your likely culprit, but not the buzzing issue I started this thread with. The issue ultimately came out to buzzing interior panels - specifically the panels behind and above the rear view mirror.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
Yes! I believe this is it. Is there any way to reduce it? Does the PRL HVI + Titanium inlet setup change it for better or worse? I've come to not about it as much once warmed up just wondering if my future mods will affect it in either direction.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Is there any way to reduce it?
Yeah, turn your radio up.

Honestly though, from what I've gathered it's just the nature of the thing. Mine's not especially loud though.

I've got a PRL HVI, no inlet, and I did not notice a difference. Frankly, I don't expect it would either since the two are disparate systems, no?
Sponsored