Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Believe you said you went w/ more street oriented pads on the back given the increase in rotor size? Any chance you can elaborate on that?
There was a discussion online about the potential change in gripping forces with the larger rear caliper. To help balance this it was recommended to go with Z s in front and Ms in rear to help balance this change. I don't track so it's probably overkill but I love the look and the Zs in front do feel for responsive.
Sponsored

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Im assuming you did this with the battery unplugged.. sensitive parts including the air bag.
Its also crucial the steering wheel was straight before removing and you reinstalled the clockspring in the same orientation.
All you can try is disassemble and check connections.
I have replaced the clock spring and all is well.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Am I only able to get it from a dealer? Tried to have it done at brakes plus and they said they couldn't do it 🙄
All they need to do is adjust the tie rods to center the steering wheel.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Craziness on the steering wheel thing. I've had a local mechanic center my wheel up numerous times. Pretty basic.

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Craziness on the steering wheel thing. I've had a local mechanic center my wheel up numerous times. Pretty basic.
I think everybody overcomplicated it. They managed to do it. Still feels like a mm off, but I think it's always like that.

I'm just glad it's over. This has been the steering wheel swap from hell 🤣

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So, put a little stage one Hondata tune on the car today. Have to say it definitely pulls a bit harder in third, and beyond, than what I was getting from the JB4. Surprising because it it should have less additional HP/Tq than the JB4, but definitely feels stronger. Very happy with the results. Couldn't wring it out too much on the way home, but got several 3rd and 4th gear pulls in. The car seems to handle the extra power just fine. According to @Zygrene's review of the Dyno from the ITS he reviewed, it should be roughly 340 lb/ft and 317 hp at the wheels, a gain of 27 lb/ft and 29 HP.

Bonus for the extra pops and bangs. I went mid level on those. Don't want the pops, just drop it out of sport+.

Unfortunately this will be the start of more stuff for the ITS! LOL.

Also got to drive @koatic's ITS at the Hondata event. very cool. Lots of mods. That thing pulled really nice!

Oh, also finally got my first rattle. Damnit. If I hold it steady at 1800 rpm, in any gear it rattles like hell. Somewhere on the front passenger side of the car. Can't tell if it's B-pillar or door or behind the dash. I'll get my son in the car to start hunting while I'm driving. Bummer because it's been rock solid until now. Just past 5k miles.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think everybody overcomplicated it. They managed to do it. Still feels like a mm off, but I think it's always like that.

I'm just glad it's over. This has been the steering wheel swap from hell 🤣
Mods always turn out to be more difficult than you think they'll be! So frustrating.

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
So, put a little stage one Hondata tune on the car today. Have to say it definitely pulls a bit harder in third, and beyond, than what I was getting from the JB4. Surprising because it it should have less additional HP/Tq than the JB4, but definitely feels stronger. Very happy with the results. Couldn't wring it out too much on the way home, but got several 3rd and 4th gear pulls in. The car seems to handle the extra power just fine. According to @Zygrene's review of the Dyno from the ITS he reviewed, it should be roughly 340 lb/ft and 317 hp at the wheels, a gain of 27 lb/ft and 29 HP.

Bonus for the extra pops and bangs. I went mid level on those. Don't want the pops, just drop it out of sport+.

Unfortunately this will be the start of more stuff for the ITS! LOL.

Also got to drive @koatic's ITS at the Hondata event. very cool. Lots of mods. That thing pulled really nice!

Oh, also finally got my first rattle. Damnit. If I hold it steady at 1800 rpm, in any gear it rattles like hell. Somewhere on the front passenger side of the car. Can't tell if it's B-pillar or door or behind the dash. I'll get my son in the car to start hunting while I'm driving. Bummer because it's been rock solid until now. Just past 5k miles.
It was nice to meet you and @koatic yesterday and see everyones beautiful cars. How did you like his shifter? I tried it with the car off and it felt nice. Does the basemap leave 1st and second gear alone? I feel no difference in those two, but third is real nice 👌. Also loving the pops and bangs on my otherwise quiet Type R exhaust.