Sponsored

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 TL MT, 2024 Integra Type-S
I was just thinking about this mod. Any gotchas on the install?

In my other car I could never get the homelink mirror to play nice with my door opener. Ended up just getting a little universal door remote from Home Depot for $20, and keep it in my armrest. Might go that route again in the meantime.
No gotcha- this link is very helpful
https://www.levelmotorsports.us/?p=1

I purchased a new Accord mirror and a used Inegra mirror ($50) and did all the mirror and wiring work without touching the car. Once that was done, I pulled the factory mirror and replaced with my FrankenMirror. Works flawlessly. Now I'll sell my factory mirror and get back my $50 - maybe ...lol
I went with the little key fob in my dor for a few weeks and ended up just annoyed. But that's me....
Also you can greatly extend your garage door opener range by simple extending the little wire antenna.
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Paid 1250$ for a new windshield, with calibration. A stupid rock on the road broke my glass while I was in vacation.

Dealer wanted 3500$!!!

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does your insurance not cover this ?
It is complicated here with insurance... If you claim once, it's OK. A second time will like double your premium. If you get to 3-4 claims, it'll probably get very hard to just get insurance.

So I prefer to claim when it is really necessary (costly accident or car theft).

Anyway, my franchise would have been 500$ if I claimed, so it is not too bad.

Glad I didn't went to the dealership though!

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
It is complicated here with insurance... If you claim once, it's OK. A second time will like double your premium. If you get to 3-4 claims, it'll probably get very hard to just get insurance.

So I prefer to claim when it is really necessary (costly accident or car theft).

Anyway, my franchise would have been 500$ if I claimed, so it is not too bad.

Glad I didn't went to the dealership though!
I understand , in New York last year on my previous vehicle I called as I got a few rock chips. I never ended up going through with getting them fixed and just by me calling they put a claim on my account. When I purchased my Type S I noticed it. I called to get it off as I never went through with it and they would not take the claim off.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I understand , in New York last year on my previous vehicle I called as I got a few rock chips. I never ended up going through with getting them fixed and just by me calling they put a claim on my account. When I purchased my Type S I noticed it. I called to get it off as I never went through with it and they would not take the claim off.
Yeah, it is quite stupid that insurance should help but but they really don't...

And when you claim for something bigger (like a stolen car), they'll try to give you the least they can.

But since it is illegal to drive without insurance, we're stuck with it!

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Yeah, it is quite stupid that insurance should help but but they really don't...

And when you claim for something bigger (like a stolen car), they'll try to give you the least they can.

But since it is illegal to drive without insurance, we're stuck with it!
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it to my dying breath... Insurance, especially mandatory insurance, should be government mandated and enforced to be a non-profit service, and mistreatment of insurees should never be allowed to reach arbitration. It should be handled in court as a state or federal case when they prey on innocent people.

Sponsored

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Went to cars and coffee today at Cota in austin tx this morning. Was the only ITS! Saw more 2000 civic Si’s, a whole pack of gr Corolla’s and A few CTRs. Where are all the Austin ITs?!

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Paragon rotors front and larger rears installed. Running Dixcel Z pads in the front and M pads in the rear.. recommendation since im running a larger rear rotor .
Dirty wheel pic..
I did get a brake check light on the dash. I drove it around some and turned it off each trip,4 times in total. On the 5th power on the brake light went off.
I did use a tool to spin the rear brake piston inward.
https://www.amazon.com/8MILELAKE-Brake-Caliper-Wind-Professional/dp/B0122Q83T4/

202409082.jpg

Last edited:

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Paragon rotors front and larger rears installed. Running Dixcel Z pads in the front and M pads in the rear.. recommendation since im running a larger rear rotor .
Dirty wheel pic..
I did get a brake check light on the dash. I drove it around some and turned it off each trip,4 times in total. On the 5th power on the brake light went off.
I did use a tool to spin the rear brake piston inward.
https://www.amazon.com/8MILELAKE-Brake-Caliper-Wind-Professional/dp/B0122Q83T4/

202409082.jpg
How are you liking the rotor and pad combo? Are they loud at all?
Sponsored