Alternative mud guards? vs OEM?

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S, 1981 Trans Am (78 clone)
Are there any alternative mud guards available in the aftermarket? If so, how do they look vs the OEM option?

After a few drives I have determined that I definitely need them, these summer tires kick up everything they roll over.

I will most likely buy the OEM ones but if something looks better I would consider it.
Sponsored

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 TL MT, 2024 Integra Type-S
Are there any alternative mud guards available in the aftermarket? If so, how do they look vs the OEM option?

After a few drives I have determined that I definitely need them, these summer tires kick up everything they roll over.

I will most likely buy the OEM ones but if something looks better I would consider it.
Did you install the OEM guards? How was the install?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

Personally I think the OEM look is absolutely perfect, does nothing to detract the overall look of the car while providing solid functionality for the issues they're designed to address.

There are aftermarket options out there, but unless you like the look of aftermarket mud guards I'd strongly suggest OEM. Again, this is subjective but I've always felt the "flap-style" mud guards look out of place on anything other than a "rally style" car like the Evo or WRX. But many people like that look, so if you're one of them I know at least of the FX3D Design.

Also I'll never miss an opportunity to plug my favorite YouTuber Zygrene; he just installed these on his:

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you install the OEM guards? How was the install?
I did install the OEM mud guards, they installed fine. I did what was advised on this forum, I didn't do any cutting or drilling or anything. The steps I took I can remove the mud guards and put the original screws back and no one would know I had mud guards.

They function for sure for the front wheels (where I noticed a lot of water splash up). I also like the aesthetics of them, they are not too flashy.

Sponsored

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did install the OEM mud guards, they installed fine. I did what was advised on this forum, I didn't do any cutting or drilling or anything. The steps I took I can remove the mud guards and put the original screws back and no one would know I had mud guards.

They function for sure for the front wheels (where I noticed a lot of water splash up). I also like the aesthetics of them, they are not too flashy.
Nice, thanks for the reply. Did you install color matched guards or black?

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
Nice, thanks for the reply. Did you install color matched guards or black?
I believe the TypeS-specific mud guards are gloss black. They're molded to fit the TypeS side skirt and rear bumper.

The mud guards for the ASpec are body colored, I believe.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ones I installed on my car.

20240411_094726.jpg

20240411_094634.jpg

20240411_094640.jpg

OP
OP
bandit81

bandit81

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a proud photo, this was about a week after installing the mud guards in mid April and I didn't wash the car yet. This is the worst of it, you can see where the mud guard and wheel well catches the road crap.

front-passsenger-dirty-wheel.jpg

Sponsored

KingCollector

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I believe the TypeS-specific mud guards are gloss black. They're molded to fit the TypeS side skirt and rear bumper.

The mud guards for the ASpec are body colored, I believe.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ones I installed on my car.

20240411_094726.jpg

20240411_094634.jpg

20240411_094640.jpg
Yep....was able to change my order. Website said fitment was good for all of them - thanks for saving me return shipping!

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
I’ve got the Rally Armor flaps. OEM option is a little bulky for my taste, but anything will help keep the car a bit cleaner. Pictures in the other thread:

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/rally-armor-mud-flaps-now-available.51717/
I thought about going to RA when I got my ITS. I had a set on my Focus for over 10 years. They were extremely functional and did a great job blocking stuff from getting kicked down the side and back. After a few years of service they lost their shiny look and developed a semi-matter texture. They also had a tenancy to scrape on speedbumps.

Only time will tell how the OEMs hold up to abuse!
Sponsored