Am I being scammed???

Fox13007

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura integra
Okay so I have 2023 Integra which was rebuilt due to a rear hit (I’m in college and broke please don’t come for me).
My point being is I no longer have the factory warranty even though the engine was never touched. Well recently I’ve been getting an underboost code and my dash lights up like a Christmas tree. I took it to the dealer and they said my turbo was faulty (which they said is an a common Acura problem?)and I paid 1400 to replace it. Well it’s been about a month and the exact thing happened again. The dealer said they think it’s the wiring harness now but to me it sounds more like a boost leak?? I’m not sure I trust them anymore as I already paid to fix what they said was the problem. Should I get a second opinion??
Also as I drive the lights on the dash go off, they only turn on when I first start the car.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Ouch $1400 on the factory turbo. I would pull the CEL codes and do some research.
You can purchase a smoke leak checker from Amazon for under $100.

Kamikaze5PDR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Any other symptoms? Does your engine actually go in limp mode? What other upgrades do you have?
If not, chances are you have a perfectly good car/engine. I would get the codes when going from the relatively cool coast (70ish F) to hot weather and high elevation (1000+ft above sea level, 90ish F). I tried three things to address this, one after the other when I would get a CEL: change from PRL SRI to PRL HVI (less heat soak), upgrade PRL intercooler and charge pipes to full kit 27Won FMIC (cooler intake temps), and lastly I touched up the grounding points in the engine bay with a dremel and added 3 new points (car noticeably idled smoother, more responsive, stopped getting CELs after this mod). I have Hondata Flash Pro to both read/clear CELs and monitor diagnostics and confirm results.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Car(s)
23 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like they are guessing at fixes, at your expense. 😬
Sponsored