Sponsored

Any ISSUES with lowering springs on track??

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I think I have finally changed my mind, and the gap is bothering me more and more, so I am getting springs.
Before I do, I am curious who has springs and been very aggressive on track.
I want to make sure the front wont rub on very hard corners with body roll when wheel is turned outwards.
I am only going to do a modest drop Eibach pro kit which I know will be fine for daily.
pic below is a stock photo from an article I read but want to hear if anyone aggressively driving on tack has had any issues with hitting the fender.
@optronix @StingertimeNC
1728137739558-b0.jpg
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
No issues whatsoever. I’m running pro kit, 19x9.5, +45 offset rims, 275/30 tires. Setup is fine on track. Plenty of room for fender clearance. Trimmed the bottom third of the bump stop when installing the springs.

do it!!

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
No issues whatsoever. I’m running pro kit, 19x9.5, +45 offset rims, 275/30 tires. Setup is fine on track. Plenty of room for fender clearance. Trimmed the bottom third of the bump stop when installing the springs.

do it!!
Awesome. thx. any issues installing. heard of a few on this board with axle seal leaking after spring installs. Will be doing this myself and not sure if this is a two person job to make sure the axle doesn't pull out.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Two people are better. I followed the instructions on this you tube video and had no issues. Hand torqued bolts after.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't think you'll run into "issues" per se, but I mildly regret doing the springs because I didn't take the appropriate steps to "correct" some of the negative sides of lowering the car. It was inevitable that I was going to lower the car but I probably should have just waited to do it all at once. Also I really want to see what HRC brings to market from a coilover perspective, otherwise I probably would have just waited and done Ohlins.

First of all, let me lay down my disclaimer: I have an admittedly very small sample size with the springs installed- just one autocross day. But I know my car pretty well at this point and I noticed a few things that I didn't necessarily love. I have not had the car on an actual race track since the springs went on, and almost surely will not until at least next spring.

Also driving on the street, even spiritedly, I highly doubt anyone would take away any negative aspects from installing springs. In fact the lower center of gravity and higher spring rate make it feel more "sporty" in most conditions. It's not until you're going above at least 7/10ths that I'd think anyone would notice more understeer than usual, and it's not catastrophic anyway.

So in a nutshell, just lowering the car with springs will grant more negative camber in the rear, but not really any in the front. For my car I ended up with ~-1.5 in the front, ~-2.5 in the rear. To my experience, this introduces noticeable understeer.

You can combat this by pulling the strut alignment pins in the front and sliding them full "in"; this should give you roughly another ~-.3 degrees for -1.8ish total in the front. Most folks say this is adequate; but honestly, I 100% intend on getting adjustable ball joints and shooting for at least -2.5 degrees in the front. Some folks who are heavy track rats like @Zygrene have theirs set to as high as over -4 degrees, but claim that's the sweet spot for how they want the car to behave.

I'm also eyeing a set of roll center adjusters, because physics. Whiteline sells them for the FK8, but I'm thinking they should fit. I literally just submitted a question to Whiteline on what their recommendation is; I'll update if they get back to me.
Sponsored