Sponsored

Automated touchless car wash - concerns about hood vent?

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
The owner's manual for the Integra (+Type S) says to specifically not spray water into the intake or hood vents as it can cause a malfunction. My understanding is that this is mostly a warning to those who use high pressure power washers at home, but would that maybe apply to automated touchless carwashes too?

My concern is that it's not always convenient to wash the car at home and it'll be difficult to do so once we get deeper into the winter. It's important to at least rinse off the salt/dust/dirt that can accumulate on the car though, especially during colder months when salt and chemicals are applied to the road to deal with snow and ice.

I don't want to send the car through an automated wash with those rollers that whip the crap out of the car in lieu of higher water pressure either.

I sent an email to Acura and haven't heard back yet but I admittedly haven't tried calling them yet.

Has anyone around here gone through an automated car wash yet though by any chance? Any issues?

1697476715748.png
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have.taken mine through touchless car washes about 6 or so times without issue.

jpooah1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S Apex Blue
I have an evo and a wrx all of my cars have hood vents scoops, weird thing in common, never had an issue on the touchless washes, but i’d recommend bring a towel and after the wash just wipe off the engine cover to dry it.
Sponsored