ECU Replacement

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
Hoping one of the Honda/Acura techs here will know the answer. I sent my ECU off to be jailbroken (which was done). The shop overnighted it via UPS and they lost / misplaced the package (it was scanned into the distro center closest to my house).

And here is where that Honda/Acura tech knowledge comes in -- If I order up a new ECU, does it need to be programmed or associated with the car, etc first? Or can I have it delivered to me (or the shop doing the jailbreak) and simply drop it into the car? I'm so used to old D-series ECUs and I my searches came up blank when seeing if anyone on the FL5 side had to do a replacement.

It's kinda urgent as I have an event at Road Atlanta next weekend and I currenly own a 3000lb unstartable hunk o' metal & plastic.
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Holy cow. You weren't asking about how much to insure this in another thread were you? I have no information for you.. good luck🤞

OP
OP
Gregg

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't remember...regardless I found the approximate value....

1698360049919.png

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Luckily it's cheap. Not sure if it has any software on it. I guess you could buy and try. Did UPS settle the missing package claim?

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Don't worry, once you have given up all hope it will show up at your doorstep in 3-4 weeks.

Jokes aside...that's a nightmare. Based on my limited knowledge of can-bus protocol, it would need some sort of programming to communicate with the other modules in the car, mainly for security, to prevent theft. But this is not specific to your case so it may be of no help at all...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregg

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did UPS settle the missing package claim?
Was supposed to be delivered by noon yesterday, but I knew something was wrong when it was still showing as sitting in the warehouse @ 10am. They were supposed to have it in my hands by 11am today but have been unable to locate it all day. They finally opened a tracer / claim that can take 1-8 business days to resolve.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Maybe order a replacement and install it then tow it to dealership if it doesn't come with firmware. Then play dumb

OP
OP
Gregg

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe order a replacement and install it then tow it to dealership if it doesn't come with firmware. Then play dumb
That's where I'm leaning right now.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
ugh, will be tough to explain where the original ecu is. Hope it doesn't screw up the warranty.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Original ecu was stolen by hooligans. New ecu was bought to replace. Play dumb.
ugh, will be tough to explain where the original ecu is. Hope it doesn't screw up the warranty.

Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Original ecu was stolen by hooligans. New ecu was bought to replace. Play dumb.
How did they do it? Don't know? These kind of things are happening more recently in the news maybe they used one of those new fangled devices to spoof the wireless key and thought it was worth money.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Kids these days do crazy things. It's a crazy world.
How did they do it? Don't know? These kind of things are happening more recently in the news maybe they used one of those new fangled devices to spoof the wireless key and thought it was worth money.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
While I would never condone lying as I will always be of the opinion that the truth sets you free...this one seems like bending the truth slightly is necessary to avoid any conflict with the massive corporation that this is a drop in the bucket to.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Hoping one of the Honda/Acura techs here will know the answer. I sent my ECU off to be jailbroken (which was done). The shop overnighted it via UPS and they lost / misplaced the package (it was scanned into the distro center closest to my house).

And here is where that Honda/Acura tech knowledge comes in -- If I order up a new ECU, does it need to be programmed or associated with the car, etc first? Or can I have it delivered to me (or the shop doing the jailbreak) and simply drop it into the car? I'm so used to old D-series ECUs and I my searches came up blank when seeing if anyone on the FL5 side had to do a replacement.

It's kinda urgent as I have an event at Road Atlanta next weekend and I currenly own a 3000lb unstartable hunk o' metal & plastic.
I've had a lot of shipments lately where those kind of delays happen, and the item is just sitting on the delivery truck as the delivery driver chose not to deliver it that day for whatever reason. And then it shows up the next day. Maybe it will arrive today?
Sponsored