Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
The 992T is pretty special! But it doesn’t feel much faster than the ITS.

I am pleasantly surprised by the amazing exhaust sound engineering. Above 7000rpm, it sounds pretty great. Almost naturally aspirated sounding.

Overall, it’s like a toned down GT3T!
I try to claim all the time how the ITS is so good I don't miss my P cars, and that is true most of the time. But some days I do truly miss that 991.2. It was just a perfectly engineered car and had no tangible flaws (besides accelerated rear tire wear......). The engine did sound great; not even "for being a turbo engine"- that engine sounds fantastic period and encourages you to rev it out. That said, I can't really think of too many other turbo engines that have a distinct amount of intake noise like the Porsche flat 6s that make them sound "virtually" naturally aspirated- perhaps the STI I had but the Subarus make a lot of distinct noises! I haven't driven a 992 but reviewers claim it sounds even better in this generation.

Porsche knows what they're doing, and while the 991.2T was pretty good, for some reason it wasn't as appealing to me as the GTS or even S models. The 992T seems to be the perfect 911 for the street and I would actively prefer the T over the GTS for the 992... Probably something to do with the S and above are so fast they reach a point of overkill that can't even come close to being realized on the street.
Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I try to claim all the time how the ITS is so good I don't miss my P cars, and that is true most of the time. But some days I do truly miss that 991.2. It was just a perfectly engineered car and had no tangible flaws (besides accelerated rear tire wear......). The engine did sound great; not even "for being a turbo engine"- that engine sounds fantastic period and encourages you to rev it out. That said, I can't really think of too many other turbo engines that have a distinct amount of intake noise like the Porsche flat 6s that make them sound "virtually" naturally aspirated- perhaps the STI I had but the Subarus make a lot of distinct noises! I haven't driven a 992 but reviewers claim it sounds even better in this generation.

Porsche knows what they're doing, and while the 991.2T was pretty good, for some reason it wasn't as appealing to me as the GTS or even S models. The 992T seems to be the perfect 911 for the street and I would actively prefer the T over the GTS for the 992... Probably something to do with the S and above are so fast they reach a point of overkill that can't even come close to being realized on the street.
As much as the ITS hits all the right notes and is plenty fast enough for responsible fun on real roads, let's be honest: we all want a 911 in the garage, too.

Porsche has done such a great job with the styling on the 99x generations. It manages to have that classic silhouette, modern lines, and stay understated.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S and some others.
IMG_5237.jpeg
IMG_5239.jpeg

IMG_5238.jpeg

Sharing a few photos from this morning’s fun drive. For those not familiar, DirtFish is an amazing rally school here in the PNW.

@optronix said it well. I am very pleasantly surprised by how great this car sounds. I have no idea how Porsche did it but it sounds really good and I don’t need to qualify it with “for a turbocharged car”.

Of course, sound preference changes over time too. When I was younger, loud and angry V8 was at the top for me. Now, I prefer high rpm naturally aspirated scream.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
On the ITS, it was a screw that caused my passenger side front tire to lose air. Luckily, it was a slow leak and right in the middle. Patched and good to go.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
More random musings,
  • So far, I am averaging around 10.5 mpg on the 911T so 14-15 mpg of the ITS is pretty good :D
  • It might seem strange but I really enjoy having the 23.7 gallons capacity in the 911 (if it’s an option for the model, I always specify the larger fuel tank)
  • I was expecting to see the rear aero foil in the rear view mirror. When raised, I cannot see it and suspect it’s slightly lower than the GT3 touring (of course, there are other differences too)

Sponsored

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@optronix The 991.2 GTS C2 is a special car as GTS is the only C2 with a wide body.

Even the 992.1 T, it easily gets to silly speed quickly. For street enjoyment, I really think many new cars are on the “too powerful” side. The ITS is about perfect and it is not just about power. I think the combination of good amount of power for the weight, the power delivery, and the gaer ratios all work together to hit the sweet spot of long enough time in WOT and opportunities to go through the gears.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As much as the ITS hits all the right notes and is plenty fast enough for responsible fun on real roads, let's be honest: we all want a 911 in the garage, too.

Porsche has done such a great job with the styling on the 99x generations. It manages to have that classic silhouette, modern lines, and stay understated.
911 is a special car for sure. On the other hand, it can also be a bit of an acquired taste as some car enthusiasts really don’t like or want them.

Porsche truly has done an amazing job. Total speculation on my part, I think they even engineered the car to sound a little similar to the aircooled ones!

Of course, there are occasions that the attention in a McLaren or Ferrari are enjoyable (I cannot deny that). For the most part, I do enjoy the more understated nature of Porsches.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I was never a fan of Porsche's in the past. Could be the same stigma as corvettes where it's some elder..er guy driving it under the speed limit.
But now after reading and watching reviews about these beauty's it is on the top of my list of dream vehicles. Hopefully attainable in a few years.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was never a fan of Porsche's in the past. Could be the same stigma as corvettes where it's some elder..er guy driving it under the speed limit.
But now after reading and watching reviews about these beauty's it is on the top of my list of dream vehicles. Hopefully attainable in a few years.
Unfortunately, there are people that judge you based on your car. It’s understandable as it’s human nature. Porsche has built some really amazing cars. If one gets to experience them, try not to let others’ prejudice impact the enjoyment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also hope to have a 911 one day. I have about 10 years to figure it out, then I'll be too old, LOL.
Time is limited for all of us! I hope you get to enjoy whatever cars you seek when you can.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IMG_5241.jpeg

Porsche options’ cost adds up quickly! I would have went with fewer options but I needed to meet a certain dollar amount to secure this allocation. This allocation was meant to be a display car so Porsche stipulated $15k minimum in options. The car also needed to be “displayed” for a month before I get to take delivery. Luckily, it all worked out timing wise and I know the dealership well so the car was stored safely.

I plan on weighing the car with close to full tank (23.7 gallons) of fuel. Porsche has done a great job keeping weight down. I am curious to see what my 911T will weigh in at.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I went through a similar sort of journey. I was obsessed with Porsches when I was a child. OBSESSED. A guy in my neighborhood when I was ~10 years old was apparently a 914 fanatic and had several scattered throughout his garage; I would purposely go out of my way to ride my bike past his house to drool over his cars. I had every hot wheels/matchbox Porsche imaginable; as much as I loved the 911 I think the 928 was my favorite as a kid.

As I grew up though, actually owning one never really interested me in the slightest... until it sank in that I could afford one! I think that's just how my adult brain operates. I could have cared less about McLaren... until very recently when I locked eyes with that Artura, knowing that I'll be within striking distance of that lofty MSRP when I'm done paying for my kids' educations lol.

I'll warn you now though- when the P car bug hits, it can be incapacitating. I probably mentioned somewhere on here before- I'm not rich by any means but I make enough to sustain my expensive hobbies- and the inflated used car market helped prop up my indiscretions too- but I went through 4 Porsche sports cars (and 3 Macans) in about a 5 year period. The ITS is truly a remarkable car to pull me out of that death spiral, I'm here to tell you.

IMG_5241.jpeg

Porsche options’ cost adds up quickly! I would have went with fewer options but I needed to meet a certain dollar amount to secure this allocation. This allocation was meant to be a display car so Porsche stipulated $15k minimum in options. The car also needed to be “displayed” for a month before I get to take delivery. Luckily, it all worked out timing wise and I know the dealership well so the car was stored safely.

I plan on weighing the car with close to full tank (23.7 gallons) of fuel. Porsche has done a great job keeping weight down. I am curious to see what my 911T will weigh in at.
I love how gigantic the Porsche fuel tanks can be.

Also I've never shied away from options. I've ordered 3 Porsches and my average is ~$20-25k in extras. The 911T I just built out as an exercise went north of $150k, and I skimped on the $4k LED matrix lights, among others... It admittedly felt weird buying the ITS, where it's pretty much "what you see is what you get". Kind of glad though... if there was an option for a $6k Burmester stereo I probably would have checked it...

1707768868819.png

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I went through a similar sort of journey. I was obsessed with Porsches when I was a child. OBSESSED. A guy in my neighborhood when I was ~10 years old was apparently a 914 fanatic and had several scattered throughout his garage; I would purposely go out of my way to ride my bike past his house to drool over his cars. I had every hot wheels/matchbox Porsche imaginable; as much as I loved the 911 I think the 928 was my favorite as a kid.

As I grew up though, actually owning one never really interested me in the slightest... until it sank in that I could afford one! I think that's just how my adult brain operates. I could have cared less about McLaren... until very recently when I locked eyes with that Artura, knowing that I'll be within striking distance of that lofty MSRP when I'm done paying for my kids' educations lol.

I'll warn you now though- when the P car bug hits, it can be incapacitating. I probably mentioned somewhere on here before- I'm not rich by any means but I make enough to sustain my expensive hobbies- and the inflated used car market helped prop up my indiscretions too- but I went through 4 Porsche sports cars (and 3 Macans) in about a 5 year period. The ITS is truly a remarkable car to pull me out of that death spiral, I'm here to tell you.

I love how gigantic the Porsche fuel tanks can be.

Also I've never shied away from options. I've ordered 3 Porsches and my average is ~$20-25k in extras. The 911T I just built out as an exercise went north of $150k, and I skimped on the $4k LED matrix lights, among others... It admittedly felt weird buying the ITS, where it's pretty much "what you see is what you get". Kind of glad though... if there was an option for a $6k Burmester stereo I probably would have checked it...

1707768868819.png
At least you optioned PTV, though. When I was looking at used 98Xs, PTV was nowhere to be found. People would option everything but, haha.

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
I've had 3 P-cars, a new '16 981 GT4, a new '18 991.2 GT3, and the latest a new '23 992 GTS PDK. I sold the GTS after a thousand miles. It was an AMAZING car, but once I had tasted that GT3 motor in the .2, I decided I needed another one in my life and as capable as the GTS was, it didn't wire itself in my synapses like the GT3. Looking for a 992 GT3 that isn't $50k+ over for a used one. The ITS has been awesome so far, but it's not a Porsche obviously. Different categories, but both great cars.
Sponsored