Sponsored

Gasket under hood vent shifted?

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I had to take my car back to the PPF shop to get the hood piece replaced because the PPF got a strange 'wrinkle' right beside the hood vent insert. i have no idea what happened; my only speculation is that the day it happened i had gone on a fairly long drive while it was pretty hot and i'm guessing that the hood/vent got real hot and it warped the PPF.

the PPF shop owner just called me and asked me if i'd had the car serviced or worked on lately and i told him no, and he said the reason he asked is because that rubber gasket that sits under the vent in between it and the lip of the hood had been like pulled under the hood on that side where the wrinkle formed, so he was wondering if someone had taken it out and put it back in with the gasket shifted out of position or something- none of that is the case though, neither I nor anyone else has ever messed with that hood vent, so i'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this?
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No issues with mine with heat or with touchless car washes.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Maybe when they reinstalled it after applying the PPF they didn't position it correctly and then over time, with expansion & contraction, it shifted some?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Maybe when they reinstalled it after applying the PPF they didn't position it correctly and then over time, with expansion & contraction, it shifted some?
i thought of that too, as they are literally the only ones who've ever mesed with it lol

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I had something similar in my driver’s door rubber moulding. I happened to be at the dealership when I brought it up to the Service Manager and they took it back and reinstalled it….I had a good 6 inch wrinkle and they put it back. They were going to order a new one for me, but it hasn’t recurred. The material in those moulding can be compressed and replaced with some gentle touch.
Sponsored