Grinding/Abrasive Noise while foot off Gas pedal

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
You'll also lower the brake temps on track.
True story! On my gti the difference in post session paddock temp went from over 750F to roughly 600F or so by moving to no dust shield and adding a brake deflector. That means the temp difference on track was even larger!
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
wow! Have to think about this. I'll have to get the rotors off first though right?

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Integra Type-S, Motocompacto
wow! Have to think about this. I'll have to get the rotors off first though right?
Yeah, it's not a small job. Calipers, rotors have to come out, the hub as well, and I'm pretty sure the ABS sensor runs there somehow, so you have to make sure that's rerouted (and heat wrapped). If you did it in your driveway I'd think it's a 4-6 hour job.

Poor person's version would be to just remove the caliper and rotor and carefully sawzall out whatever you can get to. I haven't looked to see how much you can get it out.

EDIT: I was just thinking of the front end. If you want to do the rear as well it's a full-day at least for one person using normal people tools. To do it right it's a weekend. But if you ever change rotors it's worth considering.
Sponsored

Last edited: