Honda Noise-Reducing Wheels

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Anyone know if our Acura's have these wheels? I read they are on the top trim level '25 Civic coming out to reduce unwanted road noise. That is one of my few complaints with my '24 ITS. On certain concrete road surfaces, it's pretty damn loud inside the car.

https://global.honda/en/tech/Noise-reducing_Wheels/
Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
That's pretty cool and interesting.

I always just attributed the noise to the tires and I agree, between the tires, sound deadening and the open area under the liftback, there's a good amount of noise in the cabin. I find myself having to crank the volume up more when I'm listening to podcasts when cruising on the freeways.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
In my experience the PS4S have a lot more road noise than the DWS06 I run when the weather is cold. I recognize that doesn’t address the issue of the wheel, but tires do make a difference.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Interesting. I also know some tire manufacturers are introducing foam that's applied to the inside of the tire for noise reduction. I think the next Gen Michelin PS5 may offer it. I know I saw a video mentioning it.

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
Interesting. I also know some tire manufacturers are introducing foam that's applied to the inside of the tire for noise reduction. I think the next Gen Michelin PS5 may offer it. I know I saw a video mentioning it.
There were some tests on tires with foam in the past and the foam did not appreciably reduce noise. You will also pay a bit more for the foam tires and in my experience with EV’s with foam it isn’t worth it. Another setback for foam tires is that shops won’t patch a tire with foam as they have to peel back the foam and glue it back on.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...cally-insulated-tires-really-hush-road-noise/

Sponsored

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I wonder if these can be retrofit to our wheels or aftermarket wheels.
Sponsored